List Mgmt. Brad Sheppard Retires 7.12.2021 - Concussion

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
Really hope he doesn't have any long term issues and glad he's not taking any risks. Some things are bigger than football.
Yep, and it's pretty clear we are going to see more of this as the awareness of the toll CTE takes on former sportsmen becomes clearer, particularly in the footballing codes.

We've had Shane Tuck and Danny Frawley take their lives in the last couple of years and both were found to have CTE. As morbid as it is, they won't be the last.

I know a lot of the "back in my day" crowd decry the way the game as going, and I don't necessarily disagree. But it is very obvious why things are heading in the direction they are going.

EDIT: Apologies for taking the thread about an absolute champion of our club a bit off topic.

xInfected_Virus

Team Captain
Apr 23, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Richmond and Collingwood.
Sad to see him retire. Thank you for your services to the club, gutted you missed the 2018 flag. I wish there were league rules where a player who played a game during the season can also get a premiership medal regardless if they played in the GF or not.

Gonna miss your lockdown abilities against smalls and talls. Also going to miss your rebound and intercepting abilities. Huge influence down back.

Enjoy your retirement and stay safe :)

Back