Other Teams
East Perth
Well thanks Brad for all you've done been a great servant of the club
Terrific career sad way to end it

All the best for your health

1638853838380.png

Last edited by a moderator:
matrix-not-like-this.gif

That's a real shame. Another of our great defenders who is cut down prematurely about a decade into their career. Missed the flag but got the AA. Ultimately did justice to his draft pick. But he was getting to the point where any more nasty collisions...for the best.

Yes not 100% confirmed but not looking great.

A quality player who looked out of his depth early till he was reborn as a stingy back who could play tall or small.

Gutted he isn’t a premiership Eagle, this one does sting.

Health is always #1. Hopefully he can live symptom free, life is long after football

Ryan Daniels

@FootyRhino

On
@WestCoastEagles
Brad Sheppard - key parties say no formal decision on immediate playing future yet, but difficult conversations are coming. Concussions have impacted his health - ongoing headaches etc. Story first reported by
@MarkReadings7

@Karl6pr
on 6pr.

Been one of my Fav players since 2015 when Sheppingham was born.

Any highlights of that combo would be greatly appricated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he is still suffering symptoms and he himself has said he is worried about his future, I cant see the point in staying on the list.

I'm assuming it is around compliance, procedure and insurance payouts etc. Also because the club and staff genuinely care about the long-term health of players. (I think this is/was one of the major changes from 2005/6 through 2011/12 - recognizing that too often once a player had left the club the ongoing connection wasn't prioritised)

Same with DV being re-drafted as a rookie.

Basically, if they are on our list then we are in control of their training (or not), playing (or not) and are able to say we've done everything correctly (including independent medical opinions). Retire, or delist, and if they were to go play in a bush league etc, get a head knock and have major issues - then there is still a liability and responsibility (along with, as a person, feeling like you could have done much more).

One of the unlucky trio that missed out on that premiership. Great player, hope he’s OK, he deserves to be given the opportunity to play if possible, literally bled for the blue and gold. Take as much time as needed.
I can’t stand the mentality of throw players on the scrap heap. Footy clubs are where people from many different backgrounds come together and support each other, it’s what makes footy great!

As a side note, it never really sits right with me when journalists report major decisions like this before the players have time to tell their teammates. This will be all over the news in the next couple of days and by the time Monday rolls around half of the playing group will already know of his decision before Sheppard tells them.

As a side note, it never really sits right with me when journalists report major decisions like this before the players have time to tell their teammates. This will be all over the news in the next couple of days and by the time Monday rolls around half of the playing group will already know of his decision before Sheppard tells them.
You assuming the other half cannot read?
The point is well made though

I know right. What a way to ruin his announcement ( sure most of the players know but still)

I guess the journos know that another journo is bound to find out and announce it, so they try to at least be the first person to do it. Pretty stinky

Missed out on a flag due to a hamstring suffered in a qualifying final. imo the most unfortunate of the main four who missed out on a medal that day.
Ironic that Jetta got the flag over Sheppard after all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back