List Mgmt. Brad Sheppard Retires 7.12.2021 - Concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

🙁

Sad news. What an outstanding player he has been over his career.

Plenty of years left in his post-football life, so ensuring that those are as healthy as possible is a smart decision.

Thanks and all the best, Shep.

Incredibly sad to see him go out like this but it's kind of fitting that he retired the same way he played the game; He assessed the situation, knew the right option for him and the team and took it with minimum fuss.

What a champ.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my favourite players. So consistent; you could always depend on Shep to rock up on gameday.

Not the ending he deserved, especially after the heartbreak of 2018 and the piss poor effort many of his teammates have put in in the years since.

But he has a good 40-50+ years to think about after football and he has made the right call.

Sad end to a fine career, certainly deserved a Premiership medal.

Don't want to appear insensitive but was the consensus on here that he was pretty well cooked even before his first concussion or was he just going through a bad patch of form?

Can't think of anything bad to say about this guy. Courageous, tough, great player, and a great guy off the field too.
Shattered we couldn't get him a flag, but as tragic as that is it and as much as he deserved one, it shouldn't be what defines his career. Achieved plenty, and his ability to shut down the oppo's best forwards - tall or small - will be missed.

Thanks for everything, Shep

An absolute champ, bloody legend. Will always be highly rated in my eyes. such a sad way for it to end but he had a fantastic career and should be bloody proud.

It's hard losing club greats to retirement even when they have finished a long Career. Like what we'll see at the end of 22 with Hurn and Kennedy. It's so much tougher see guys like Shep cut short.

I was a huge doubter to begin with and was right in that he was never going to be a midfielder but he has to be the most under rewarded midsize defenders of his era. It didn't matter playing taller, playing against smalls, teams putting their gun mids up forward, Shep would close them down.

We'll all miss you Shep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back