Senior Bradley Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Hill-Trade-1024x576.jpg

Prolific midfielder Bradley Hill is officially a Saint after a deal was struck with the Fremantle Football Club today.

Hill’s request to join the Saints was granted, with Fremantle’s future third-round selection also accompanying the 26-year-old to RSEA Park.

In exchange, St Kilda handed pick No. 10 (on-traded from Port Adelaide), Blake Acres, pick 58, and the Saints’ future second and fourth-round picks to the Dockers.

Hill becomes a Saint - saints.com.au https://www.saints.com.au/news/2019-10-16/hill-becomes-a-saint

Prolific midfielder Bradley Hill is officially a Saint after a deal was struck with the Fremantle Football Club today.
Hill’s request to join the Saints was granted, with Fremantle’s future third-round selection also accompanying the 26-year-old to RSEA Park.
In exchange, St Kilda handed pick No. 10 (on-traded from Port Adelaide), Blake Acres, pick 58, and the Saints’ future second and fourth-round picks to the Dockers.

List Manager James Gallagher said Hill’s speed, class and experience was a significant addition to the club’s playing stocks.
“To secure a player of Bradley’s calibre is extremely exciting for the club and our supporters,” Gallagher said.
Players with his combination of speed, running power and class are rare, and his inclusion will immediately add a different element to our midfield
“He wins a lot of the ball, uses it well and has performed at a very high level over a long period of time, and pleasingly believes his best football is ahead of him.

“We started the Trade Period knowing it would take a significant deal to satisfy the Dockers.
“Thankfully, we have been able to reach an agreement which reflects Bradley’s value as a contracted player and one of the game’s best outside midfielders.”

The triple-premiership former Hawk and 2017 Doig Medallist said he was thrilled to join the red, white and black.
“I’m excited to join St Kilda and look forward to repaying the club’s faith in me,” Hill said.
With the other guys joining the club in the Trade Period, and a lot of talented young guys at the Saints already, I can’t wait to get started
“I’ll always be thankful to Fremantle for the opportunity, but I’m looking forward to returning to Melbourne with my partner and becoming a part of the Saints family.”
Hill played 95 games across five seasons for Hawthorn before returning to his home state of Western Australia, where he represented Fremantle for three years.
Hill was originally selected with pick No. 33 in the 2011 National Draft.

BRADLEY HILL CAREER STATS
Pick No. 33 in the 2011 Draft
149 AFL games (95 for Hawthorn, 54 for Fremantle)
3 x Premiership player (2013, 2014, 2015)
Fremantle Best & Fairest winner (2017)
NAB Rising Star nominee (2013)

Bradley Hill

191023-playergraphic-hill.jpg

Arguably the most prized asset of the 2019 Trade Period, Bradley Hill found his home at St Kilda after three seasons at Fremantle.

The triple Premiership Hawk and Doig Medallist has claim to one of the most impressive set of wheels in the league, hitting a remarkable top speed of 34.88km/h last season.

Blistering speed and elite endurance on the outside, coupled with his high disposal numbers and clean execution, will bring an immediate change to the Saints’ on-ball brigade.

'I didn't tell the captain': Just how quiet did Hill keep his Saints move?
Mitch Cleary
Oct 25, 2019 4:04PM
Saint Bradley Hill shows off his new colours  - AFL,Game,News,Update,St Kilda Saints,Bradley Hill

Saint Bradley Hill shows off his new colours
BRADLEY Hill has revealed brother Stephen and Fremantle teammate Michael Walters as his two confidants throughout his blockbuster trade to St Kilda.
Unveiled for the first time as a Saint on Friday, Hill detailed his decision to return back to Victoria that started with a meeting with the Saints mid-season.

The 26-year-old will play for his third club on a long-term deal estimated at $900,000 per season, three years after he left Hawthorn for the Dockers.
Bradley Hill speaks to reporters on Friday. Picture: AFL Photos
723459_ll.jpg

After keeping the news of his latest move from captain Nat Fyfe, Hill played out the second half of the season in the knowledge he would join his girlfriend in Victoria.
"Actually, I was pretty honest with 'Sonny' (Walters), I pretty much told him straight away, so Sonny's known since halfway through the year," Hill said at Moorabbin on Friday.
"Obviously, we're very close and he kept that to himself and I told my brother Stephen as well.
"It was a bit sad about me leaving, we played some good footy with each other. Sonny's always going to be a friend to me and a close mate.
"I didn't tell the captain anything, but I did tell all the boys at the end of the year that I was going to request a trade, so they knew it was coming before it happened."
Fremantle skipper Nat Fyfe and Bradley Hill after the R20 win over Geelong. Picture: AFL Photos
702171_ll.jpg

Hill initiated talks with the Saints when Alan Richardson was still in charge, only to complete the deal with his former Hawks assistant Brett Ratten at the helm.

"I didn't know the coach change was going to happen, (but) obviously the players that are playing for the club aren't really going to change too much," Hill said.
"I've had a little bit of work with 'Ratts' when I was at the Hawks and it'll be good to get there and get working with him again.
"I didn't know Ratts was going to be the coach, obviously I knew he was an assistant at the club and I worked with him for three or four years (at Hawthorn)."
St Kilda coach Brett Ratten. Picture: AFL Photos
695844_ll.jpg

Hill also confirmed AFL.com.au's report on the meniscus damage the Saints' medical screening found in his knee that will result in a managed pre-season.
"That's something probably you're going to have to ask the doctor, I'm not that good with injuries and knowing what's going on," he said.
"I can still run and do everything fully. I played all last year and didn't miss any games and I'll start pre-season day one.
"There'll be a little bit of load management but I'm not too sure exactly."

Had a good look at Hill at training last month. Seems to be a leader at the club already, helping others as he smashed through multiple running drills. Classy mover and ball user. Could be one hell of a pick up.

Have to say I thought Hill looked absolutely awesome for us in the Hawthorn practice match.

A few players recently have taken their game to another level when they moved at his age. Dangerfield and Neale come to mind. I wonder if Bradley could do the same for us...

Link on here (if anyone who still uses Facebook!) of a great snap from Hill in the latest intra club.

Taste of things to come

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From about 7.57 on Ratt's discusses Hill's leadership along with letting his footy do the speaking.

Looking forward to him playing in Melbourne, has done everything right on the track, smile of his gets others up and about. Ratt's wants more of this along with the group taking a step forward with their standards.

Positive.

Anyone who doubting that Hill was hard or courageous was silenced by his effort in the third to clear the ball. He knew he was going to get belted and charged in anyway and got the ball out of danger. Took him awhile to get back up but he ran out the game like a champ. Loved him.

Stealing this from Human Person but from a bloke who was at the game reckon it is legit

Hill starred against the Hawks after some criticism over his performance over the last couple games .
Two votes go to Bradley Hill, who was electric with ball in hand coming off half-back and through the wing.

Brett Ratten’s decision to move the No. 8 down back paid dividends, as the speedster collecting 27 disposals at 85 per cent efficiency, 28 pressure acts and 10 score involvements.

Hill’s highlight of the night was a brilliant defensive play, resulting in a diving smother in front of the St Kilda faithful, who gave the 27-year-old a rousing ovation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back