Welcome Bradley Hill - Welcome to Freo!

May 15, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Cobblers who do the Cobbling
I was talking to the Hawthorn Mod Abasi and he says to fully appreciate Billy you should get a seat up higher than eye level, then you see the amount of sheer hard gut running he does, often burning off opponents.

Will be interested to hear from folk in the nose bleeds next year

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Personally very pleased with the pick up. His disposal is very very good. For those who doubt that, the fact he has averaged 17-20 possessions the last three to four years in that Hawks team should silence your concerns. Look at those highlights, they aren't just good disposals, in most cases he gives the opposition absolutely no chance of an intercept and makes the forward look good by placing the ball in positions for them to run onto at pace. Both Hills, Bennell and weller should improve the skills around the ground tremendously this year.

He also runs his butt off to create options other than just down the line kicks..... and anyone who watched (live or tv) our games this year have to consider that important.

Im betting on 150 games in purple from him. Which if we drafted a player who played that many with his skills we would consider a huge win!
He also averaged 22.5 games per season over the past four seasons, so he's durable and doesn't get himself suspended. And to the posters saying he's a bit soft, his role isn't to win the ball. That transition from defense to our forwards has been a huge weakness since, I believe, Duffman retired. It's going to be exciting and thrilling to see the Hill's running the wings of Subi.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Have to admit I was never overly thrilled at the prospect of landing Bradley, but he's a Freo player now so he gets my full support. Deposing Danyle Pearce and pushing Stephen to new levels, those two things alone give me cause for excitement and that's before you even get to his actual play itself.

I think I'll be calling him Bradley though because "Hilly!!!!" is still reserved for Stephen.

Can only imagine the scenes at the Hill household right about now, would be going off! Mum must be over the moon :)

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Have to admit I was never overly thrilled at the prospect of landing Bradley, but he's a Freo player now so he gets my full support. Deposing Danyle Pearce and pushing Stephen to new levels, those two things alone give me cause for excitement and that's before you even get to his actual play itself.

I think I'll be calling him Bradley though because "Hilly!!!!" is still reserved for Stephen.

Can only imagine the scenes at the Hill household right about now, would be going off! Mum must be over the moon :)
What about we maintain 'Hilly' for Stephen and 'Billy' for Bradley?

I was talking to the Hawthorn Mod Abasi and he says to fully appreciate Billy you should get a seat up higher than eye level, then you see the amount of sheer hard gut running he does, often burning off opponents.

Will be interested to hear from folk in the nose bleeds next year
Yep. If he's not sprinting diagonally from one flank to another to create an option, he's streaming up the wing while the ball is trailing down the opposite side, to create an option.

Seriously, the kid is the reason we found an option or were able to switch time and time again when it looked like our possession was locked into the back flank.

I'll miss the kid, becuase he was a seriously good role-player who was clearly loved by his teammates.

He won't beat tackles and he won't be a grunt player going to get the pill, but if you play him in a truly outside role were he can use his running ability he is a an absolute weapon.

MadDocker

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle

I know it's a highlight package but * me this guy can kick! Can't wait to see him hitting Yarran, Walters, McCarthy, Kersten etc lace out.
56856179.jpg

Purpellian Anchor

Purple Admiralty
Oct 14, 2011
Northam
AFL Club
Fremantle
pretty confident Brad will bring other dimensions to his game we have not seen yet such as to able to do more inside work, fierce hard tackling and fast feed out too but things are relative to where the coach wants a player, his capacity for the position, and other players who already may have that role. Steven showed this year that he can do some real grunt work when called upon. Maybe this will be the case for Brad too. Great to have you home son.

mad4freo

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
pretty confident Brad will bring other dimensions to his game we have not seen yet such as to able to do more inside work, fierce hard tackling and fast feed out too but things are relative to where the coach wants a player, his capacity for the position, and other players who already may have that role. Steven showed this year that he can do some real grunt work when called upon. Maybe this will be the case for Brad too. Great to have you home son.
Yeah Stephens inside work went largely unnoticed so it was good to see him come second in the b and f. The game against Geelong was one that stuck out to me.

hoss

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2004
South
AFL Club
Fremantle
Welcome to Freo Brad. Hope there's some sort of special brotherly blackfella synergy between you and Stephen ala the Krakouer's.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Feb 26, 2007
Here
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Was thinking pick 23 too high. But if it pushes peirce out..and it improves hilly. Welcome to freo Billy. Yeahhh
He was a bargain when we drafted him at 33 and I'm sure he'll be a bargain for you guys at 23. The other players loved him, he's a good kick going inside 50. He' been called a down hill skier but not all running forward is as easy as people make out. When others can't/won't run to make an option you'll see Hill motoring. He just runs blokes into submission, sometimes he doesn't capitalise on it by getting racking up possessions later in games but when he does it's beautiful to watch. 23 and still maturing, congrats guys you're on a winner here and if not we'll always take him back croad style.

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
I don't understand how people think pick 23 is overs for Brad Hill. Players with his athletic qualities, who can actuallly play, and have that attacking flair and instinct are rare as hen's teeth. We were never gonna get him for anything less and we're lucky he didn't cost a pick between 10-20. You can see that highlights video that no one can spread like him, and him and Stephen are gonna be such weapons together.

Back