Welcome Bradley Hill - Welcome to Freo!

Remove this Banner Ad

He also runs his butt off to create options other than just down the line kicks..... and anyone who watched (live or tv) our games this year have to consider that important.
thats what I keep thinking about, how many times this year I watched frustrated as no one from our team ran to create options coming out of defence. For this alone he will be gold for us. Plus he plays with flair and daring, something we need badly right now.

thats what I keep thinking about, how many times this year I watched frustrated as no one from our team ran to create options coming out of defence. For this alone he will be gold for us. Plus he plays with flair and daring, something we need badly right now.
Yep... either a fitness or tactical issue or a bit of both... so frustrating though. The audible groans at the ground at times last season said it all.

I was talking to the Hawthorn Mod Abasi and he says to fully appreciate Billy you should get a seat up higher than eye level, then you see the amount of sheer hard gut running he does, often burning off opponents.

Will be interested to hear from folk in the nose bleeds next year

Abasi is a smart lad.

Watch him play live and then you will understand just how much work he does, and watch how easily he makes space for himself. Was tagged a couple of times a few years ago but learned how to beat a tag.

At full speed his delivery is elite. Very rarely makes mistakes.

He has pace with one of the best tanks in the game.
If you don't rate him, watch him and him only during a game and see how much space he creates for others.
That's one of the most impressive and damaging aspects of his relentless and selfless gut running;it's intelligent and sacrificial in that at times I'm sure he's running hoping the ball carrier doesn't use him but uses the player folding into the space he's just created.Obviously he almost always becomes an option himself because of his pace and huge stamina.
He's not just an athlete at all he's deadly cunning with his timing and running patterns.....then there's his decision making and delivery!!:cool::D:thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They sent down Lachie? I wonder if he's thinking 'that McCarthy fellow gets a Brownlow Medalist to meet him, and all I got was the all-time league disposal record holder bloke.. sheesh'.
Lachie was doing some training before he heads on holidays

Obviously pissed off he missed AA and only polled 20 in the brownlow

Agree. One thing that shits me about our play is we don't know how to spread. Too many players get sucked in too deep or too close to the ball and are slow to spread. Spreading the field is all Brad does and I'm very happy with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back