Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
BRADLEY LYNCH

DOB:11/7/97
HEIGHT:187cm
WEIGHT:76kg
POSITION: Half Back
RECRUITED FROM: Swan Districts (Pick 11, 2015 rookie draft)
JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENTS: N/A
Nickname: Ghosty
DEBUT: 29/6/2018 (vs Geelong)

*Picture of him in our gear to be added at a later date.

Last edited:
http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2015-12-02/lynch-to-take-36

Rookie recruit Bradley Lynch had to be woken up last Friday morning to find out he was the Western Bulldogs’ newest recruit.

The West Australian was taken with pick number 11 in the AFL rookie draft, and says it took a few moments to sink in.

“I was in bed, I got a call from Wayne McCraw (Bulldogs recruiting officer), mum came running in and said the draft’s on.

“I ran out into the kitchen where the computer was and the draft was going on and all the selections were coming in.

“The first selection in the rookie draft for the Bulldogs and my name had been read out.

“I had a look at the screen for a few minutes and I just couldn’t believe it, it hadn’t sunk in straight away I was a bit shocked.”

Lynch was recruited from the Swan Districts for his decision-making and excellent foot skills.

The 18-year-old was headed on a plane from Perth to Melbourne within 48 hours, and arrived at the Club for his first day on Monday.

Lynch will wear the number 36 guernsey in 2016, made famous by Jose Romero and more recently, Brian Lake.

Lynch says sitting underneath famous names, and seeing his alongside it has been an awakening experience.

“Looking at it now, it’s a bit surprising from where I’ve come.

“Sitting at my locker and looking at my name and my number, it’s pretty scary.”

Brad LYNCH
2018 VFL

Totals
  • 5 games
  • 0 goals
  • 0 behinds
  • 1 time in the best players list

Averages
  • 8.6 kicks
  • 5.2 handballs
  • 13.8 disposals
  • 3.2 marks
  • 2.0 tackles
  • 1.6 inside 50s
  • 1.8 rebound 50s
  • 0.4 frees for
  • 0.6 frees against
  • 52.40 DT points

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-07-18/lynchs-obscure-stat-record-

Some stats are obscure and easily massaged to support a point, and others a pretty straight forward, like total disposals.

But not many are both substantial and quirky enough to guarantee you trivia night success like this one regarding Dogs’ rookie Brad Lynch.

But facts are facts, and in a stat dug out by journalist Shane Hope of The West Australian, Brad Lynch’s 57 disposals are the most collected by every Brownlow Medallist this century except for Tigers star Dustin Martin.

You read that right. Dangerfield? 27 over three games. Ablett? 27. Chris Judd? 48. The list goes on, and only Martin’s 61 has the former Mandurah speedster covered.

The 21-year-old is averaging 19 disposals, three marks and two tackles over his opening three games, playing with a combination of confidence and flair since he debuted against Geelong in round 15.

Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge said Lynch has come a long way since he was taken with the 11th pick in the 2015 NAB AFL Rookie Draft, and has benefited from adding some physicality to his game.

“Over the course of the three years he's come on in that regard,” he said.

“Coming from a long way back, Lynchy's 10-12 kilos heavier than he was when he first came to us.

“He's got that strength and confidence from that which helped his game.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back