Toast Brady Grey

Remove this Banner Ad

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Always liked Brady since the first time I saw him hit a contest. Not just because he's so hard but he's a really good mover in traffic.
I confess I'd accepted that he probably wouldn't make it at the top level despite that he is capable of kicking it hard and flat and hitting his target at times.
Hopefully tonight shows that he can keep it tidy and grow from here as his kind of effort and attack is priceless and we need someone like that in the team.

Apr 27, 2006
Your Backyard
AFL Club
Fremantle
images-16.jpg

This ones for you Brady

Oct 1, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Great game. Seemed to read the play well and find the ball at half forward which was surprising. Good pressure in the contest and provided great energy.

His skills aren't too bad but the only knock on him is his decision making when he has a lot of time. When he's rushed he's fine but when he's open he tries to do a little too much and that extra thinking normally correlates to a poor decision.

Happy to play Grey as a high pressure forward moving forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rgauci

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 16, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
DOCKERS
You could see the Bulldogs were a bit rattled by his physicality. He really goes super hard. He seemed to have some balance too today. Gained composure as the game went on. When he was streaming forward he bombed it in the first half or maybe it was the 3rd quarter. In the 4th, with the same decision he stopped and kicked it at 45 degrees which resulted in a score. Knew when to not over commit to the contest as well.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
You could see the Bulldogs were a bit rattled by his physicality. He really goes super hard. He seemed to have some balance too today. Gained composure as the game went on. When he was streaming forward he bombed it in the first half or maybe it was the 3rd quarter. In the 4th, with the same decision he stopped and kicked it at 45 degrees which resulted in a score. Knew when to not over commit to the contest as well.
I am glad we have the discussion before the game start . in the end both of us end up more than we expected from this guy.

scon

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2009
western australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Long haired Champs.
Great character is our Brady.
With thighs that nearly reach his ankles he's always gonna be rapid over 10-15 but he's rapid over 50-70m as well.
There's a universe of hurt in his game,but he's not a blunt instrument.He's sharp,anticipates opposition ball movement well,deceptive and obviously hard in close and has developed into a consistently reliable and creative kick.
Had a hard road and he's made himself a keeper.
Club's provided the opportunity and environment and the Tassie Devil's grabbed it with both maulers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back