Toast Brady Grey

Remove this Banner Ad

18121165_1706986535984719_1948484662743504840_o.jpg

Free kick Roos...obviously...

Crozier looks like he's really relishing a bit of biffo... or just a little push and shove :p

One of the nicest guys you could ever know and i have had the pleasure of knowing Brady for a while now. Every now and then i will say hi to him on facebook.

I first met Brady at the Imparja Cup in Alice Springs- now called the National Indigenous Cricket Championships (NICC), its a national tournament run by Cricket Australia and brings together the best indigenous cricketers from all of the state/territories, it is held in February each year on Alice Springs. How am I involved?? Im a First Grade umpire and umpire WA Premier Cricket (pathway cricket) and have represented WA at the NICC since 2007. I first met Brady in 2008. His dad was a player and now coaches the team (Tasmania).

Its great to see Brady getting a go with the Dockers, he tries his heart out and has a never-say-die attitude and has some polish and class in front of goals too. He is also a great tackler and just brings a lot of enthusiasm to the team.

Well done Brady.

Side note: Former Docker and South Fremantle player Keren Ugle also played for WA at the NICC on quite a few occasions as well.

WA has won the NICC in 2010, 2014 and 2015. Some of you may have heard about the tournament and some of you may not have. The internet has plenty of info on the NICC. Anyway this is not a cricket thread - its an AFL thread so I will stop here.

Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It did end up as a 50m penalty

The more I think of that one the more I think it was given, or instructed to be given, by the "fourth" umpire in the stands. Otherwise the controlling umpire gave it by guessing the mellee was started by us unlawfully. There's no other explaination as the umpire who was at the mellee didn't signal to the controlling ump at all.

One of the nicest guys you could ever know and i have had the pleasure of knowing Brady for a while now. Every now and then i will say hi to him on facebook.

I first met Brady at the Imparja Cup in Alice Springs- now called the National Indigenous Cricket Championships (NICC), its a national tournament run by Cricket Australia and brings together the best indigenous cricketers from all of the state/territories, it is held in February each year on Alice Springs. How am I involved?? Im a First Grade umpire and umpire WA Premier Cricket (pathway cricket) and have represented WA at the NICC since 2007. I first met Brady in 2008. His dad was a player and now coaches the team (Tasmania).

Its great to see Brady getting a go with the Dockers, he tries his heart out and has a never-say-die attitude and has some polish and class in front of goals too. He is also a great tackler and just brings a lot of enthusiasm to the team.

Well done Brady.

Side note: Former Docker and South Fremantle player Keren Ugle also played for WA at the NICC on quite a few occasions as well.

WA has won the NICC in 2010, 2014 and 2015. Some of you may have heard about the tournament and some of you may not have. The internet has plenty of info on the NICC. Anyway this is not a cricket thread - its an AFL thread so I will stop here.

Cheers.
Is this the same Keren Ugle?

http://www.westannouncements.com.au/obituaries/thewest-au/obituary.aspx?pid=180311968

Is he dead?

Sad if so.

Yes Keren Ugle snr passed away. Keren Ugle jnr (former Freo Docker/Sth Freo) is the player who played for WA at the National Indigenous Cricket Championships.

I am officially saying I owe Brady an apology. I watched him play about three live games for Peel and although I loved his hardness I thought and said on this forum that his skills by foot were probably so poor I didn't think he would make it (and unless your name is Dawson I normally never like to bag our players).

Obviously he has done a mountain of work on his kicking over the time since then (at least as it under game pressure) and he has really improved and combined with his hardness and speed across the ground is really adding something to the team.

We better enjoy him and Alex Pearce while we can, since it looks like North will get first dibs at all the tassy boys in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back