Toast Brady Grey

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon if was just a sublax based on a pre-existing injurty, which if not too severe if managable. He will most likely have an operation on his shoulder at the end of the season

Maybe it was a combination of wishful thinking and too much mid strength but I swear last week that some of the Essendon players were jibing at hitting contests full on when he was in front of him. Reputation has got around already.

I've been thinking about the De Boer comparison and it doesn't really go that far. Both really hard at the body and immovable in a contest, otherwise:
Brady: Much better ball carrier and a longer kick both in the field and for goal.
De Boer: Gets a lot more of it and much better in the air.

Also I reckon Brady kind of likes hurting people (a bit), whereas it was 100% incidental with Da Pig.

Anyway been surprised by just how good Grey's decision making has been by hand and foot, and particularly his agility + some of the little shimmies and dummies he is capable of (the sort thing you associate with class imo). If he can learn to get a bit more of it and / or a few crumbing tricks (and hence kick a few more goals) we'll have a seriously damaging player.

I've been thinking about the De Boer comparison and it doesn't really go that far. Both really hard at the body and immovable in a contest, otherwise:
Brady: Much better ball carrier and a longer kick both in the field and for goal.
De Boer: Gets a lot more of it and much better in the air.

Also I reckon Brady kind of likes hurting people (a bit), whereas it was 100% incidental with Da Pig.
Not until later into his career re: being an accumulator. In fact, he never really was a consistent ball winner in the AFL level tbh. Early days he used to play purely as a pressure forward and make people crap themselves with his footsteps, hence the comparison. The kicking comparison is probably warranted though. deBoer came to terms with his kicking limitations, eventually.

Tis but a.png

Love how tough Brady is. Him, Walters and Ballas are going to be an awesome compo.

Ballas can ster up the opposition, Brady brings the pain and Walters kicks the goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is a strange one this. I was at the Eagles home derby this year. I caught what happened to young Brayshaw and tried in vein telling the terrible supporters what had actually happened to Brayshaw. Anyway there was genuine hatred and vile comments directed towards Brady. Stuff never worth repeating. Consistent across large sections of the crowd and a collective booing every time he went near the ball or bumped/tackled Gaff heavily.

Not sure how they would all feel about this signing.

Poor Brady but he is a great signing for them so can see why they have done it.

Does this put his AFLW coaching role in jeapordy? maybe he will continue to work with West Coasts AFLW team (in 2020) which helps to set himself up for the future.

Does this put his AFLW coaching role in jeapordy? maybe he will continue to work with West Coasts AFLW team (in 2020) which helps to set himself up for the future.
he's not on the full staff list I have seen.

Don't think he was working with them this season as far as I could tell. Conca and Lobb have been doing a bit though.

I'd say there'd be a conflict of interests there. He was also doing some work with Clontarf and Stephen Michael through the club. He'll probably have to move out of that role as well. Come to think of it - this is a pretty bad call if he's looking at long-term interests after footy. Burned his two best bridges.

Brady is going to be out to inflict some physical damage on our boys playing at Peel, we'll be counting the bruises. The little turncoat wasn't picked by the eagles for his football nous

Remove this Banner Ad

Back