List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

I cannot believe Arch would be offering jobs around the country without Dilena's knowledge, especially something as big as the Rawlings role. Unless the rumour re Funky's demise is true. Would possibly make a little more sense then.
One would think that any senior job offer would need to be ratified by the board, including the CEO, so the idea of Arch running around the country signing up his mates is highly illogical.

Funky may be on holiday but he would not be on leave. The review process has been instigated and isnwell and truly rolling, there are folk in charge of running it so Carl doesn't need to micromanage. Sure, he may be out the door at seasons end but that doesn't mean that he is being cut out of the decision making processes or not engaged with the club.

If Caroline really does know something, we have a rat that needs to be put out on its arse pronto.

Or we're using Caro to get the skids under Carl and someone better in.

My take on how this went down:

The scene: An opposition club rings Wilson pissed off about Arch lurking with intent, knowing that she will take ANY bait that gives her the opportunity to bag North.

Wilson: picks up the phone and dials Dilena.....................

Dilena's phone:.......ring, ring........ring, ring.......ring...click...........Hello Carl Dilena?

Wilson: Hello Carl, Caro here, ith come to my attention that Glenn Archer hath been cruithing around other clubth and enquiring about football department people without the clubth conthent, and he hath already poached Brady Rawlingth from under the notheth of the wetht coatht eagleth, can I make an appointment to talk to you about thith?

Dilena: Well Caroline..........I am currently not in the country to speak with you, and this is news to me........(CLICK, Wilson hangs up)...........but the board has given it's full authority to a selected panel of people who are overseeing our football department, and they have the power to go out and recruit the finest people they can find, so the matter is being properly overseen..............does this answer your question?

...........................Caroline?

..........................................................................Caroline....................are you there?

*Meanwhile, over at Wilson's office*

Last edited:
My take on how this went down:

The scene: An opposition club rings Wilson pissed off about Arch lurking with intent, knowing that she will take ANY bait that gives her the opportunity to bag North.

Wilson: picks up the phone and dials Dilena.....................

Dilena's phone:.......ring, ring........ring, ring.......ring...click...........Hello Carl Dilena?

Wilson: Hello Carl, Caro here, ith come to my attention that Glenn Archer hath been cruithing around other clubth and enquiring about football department people without the clubth conthent, and he hath already poached Brady Rawlingth from under the notheth of the wetht coatht eagleth, can I make an appointment to talk to you about thith?

Dilena: Well Caroline..........I am currently not in the country to speak with you, and this is news to me........(CLICK, Wilson hangs up)...........but the board has given it's full authority to a selected panel of people who are overseeing our football department, and they have the power to go out and recruit the finest people they can find, so the matter is being properly overseen..............does this answer your question?

...........................Caroline?

..........................................................................Caroline....................are you there?

*Meanwhile, over at Wilson's office*

I don't reckon you're far off the mark as to what has happened.

One would think that any senior job offer would need to be ratified by the board, including the CEO, so the idea of Arch running around the country signing up his mates is highly illogical.

Funky may be on holiday but he would not be on leave. The review process has been instigated and isnwell and truly rolling, there are folk in charge of running it so Carl doesn't need to micromanage. Sure, he may be out the door at seasons end but that doesn't mean that he is being cut out of the decision making processes or not engaged with the club.
Pretty much what I am saying. But I still think a long break this time of the season with the club in such a period of change, is ill-advised. Its not micromanaging, it is managing. This is a serious stage of development for our club.

So, Caro is saying that Carl is a critically important official who should not be on holidays because he must be there in person every day in season AND ALSO a lame duck who doesn't get asked about the most important appointments the club is making in 2019. Cool.

Also, pipedream.

So, Caro is saying that Carl is a critically important official who should not be on holidays because he must be there in person every day in season AND ALSO a lame duck who doesn't get asked about the most important appointments the club is making in 2019. Cool.

Also, pipedream.

In fairness Brendon Gale attends all Richmond duties no matter how low level as a virtual presence:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously doubt he would have uprooted his family and sought to scrap a year contract for the same role/pay.

Will be a great GM and can still have his fingers in all the recruitment pies.

YES, will be a great GM, top bloke, wife's family are rusted on rabid one eyed north fans, despite winning 3 Syd Barkers was well aware of his limitations as a footballer and retired early to give guys like JMac a run. True Shinboner, couldn't ask for a better guy to take the reins, and will be a big part of our next premiership.

Also, pipedream.

Personally dunno what the job requirements are, logically there is a long off season which would make sense to take an extended break. Then again, could well be the time of year that CEO really needs to knuckle down for planning/strategy for the coming season(s) and mid season is an opportune time to get away. Dunno, but reckon Caro might be reading a bit too much into it and trying to manufacture a story.

Personally dunno what the job requirements are, logically there is a long off season which would make sense to take an extended break. Then again, could well be the time of year that CEO really needs to knuckle down for planning/strategy for the coming season(s) and mid season is an opportune time to get away. Dunno, but reckon Caro might be reading a bit too much into it and trying to manufacture a story.

Nah. She's not the sort to do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back