Bragging Rights Time Capsule

Remove this Banner Ad

This will be the year of successful LTI comebacks.
Internally Thomas, Gibbs, Kreuzer, Plowman, Byrne and Sheehan to be fit and firing for most of the season.
Across the league expect big seasons from:
D.Menzel, Wells, Reid, Morabito, Liberatore, Petracca, B.Crouch, GAJ, S.Frost, Vardy, Trengove, MacKenzie and on
a more limited level O'Meara.

A Supercoach/Fantasy player's dream if they have the balls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Mitchell will be an assistant coach at Carlton within 3 years
OOOOoooooooh I like this prediction. I mean, I like the idea of Mitchell being a coach at the Blues, but if you haven't heard a rumour and are just crystal-balling it, I love where your head is at. Bolton to grab a champion ex-hawk from his old team to help out? Mythbusters stamp this one plausible.

Tutt being in the 22 will have no impact on our season whatsoever.
I'd like to think that others are ahead of him, so if he's best 22 all year, something has gone wrong. It might not impact our season per se, but it means someone ahead of him isn't playing for some reason.
Don't get me wrong, he has some positives, but I'd prefer to think of him as depth rather than best side material.

OH GOD I hate being right :cry: This decision will Always haunt me...

My reasoning for Talia (or any top 10-15 KPP who might slip straight into the 22 next year) is this.

Our best window for a Premiership is within the next 2-3 years. There are a number of clubs rebuilding now who will also be in contention within the next 5 years or so, and as we have a 2-year jump on them, I would like to see a relatively quick solution to our CHB/CHF or FF (depending on where Hendo will play) deficiencies.
I'm sorry but 'The Hammer' doesn't fill this void IMHO.

Having Gold Coast & Western Sydney come into the Draft will make it tougher to get a KPP in the near future. Quality Midfielders are in abundance, but Big, Strong, Footy-Smart KPP's are a rarity these days.

If we get yet another midfielder/midsize player with an immature body and aim for a flag 5 years from now, it will be a LOT tougher competition, not only drafting KPPs, but also reaching a GF with all the other 're-built' clubs coming through as well...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-24/adelaide-star-daniel-talia-signs-monster-contract-extension

ADELAIDE'S All Australian defender Daniel Talia has signed a five-year contract extension.

The long-term deal will keep Talia at West Lakes until at least the end of 2021.

Talia, 24, has played 98 games since being drafted in 2009 and has become one of the competition’s best defenders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back