Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Hi all,

The Filth Wizard here.

Many years back, Season 18 to be precise, the Las Vegas Bears kicked off as a new franchise bringing together a mix of new and old posters but one new light shone brighter than any other - brahj. This Chewbacca faced young man eased into the league with suitable amounts of vim and vigour, winning the EKA and cementing himself as one of the finest posters ever to grace the league.

I fell in love with brahj almost immediately and while it took a fairly long time for us to unite on the qooty field our collective Sweet FA careers met up pretty quickly - he was the perfect co-host on the Sweet FA podcast with an infectious laugh and I miss the occasional catch up beer on a Friday at the Corner Hotel, to laugh about the Sweet FA. He's an OG Boys Club member. He's one of the smartest and funniest posters in the league, not afraid of #scandal and sports an abrasive edge that has grown over time. On field he's just as decorated - Mobbs Medal. 4 x All-SFA. There are Hall Of Famers that have achieved less than him.

Now brahj runs out for his 200th match clearly I would love him to celebrate with a win (wink simmers). Here are some testimonials.

pantskyle
Being the Sweet FA father of brahj it has been a pleasure watching him grow from rookie in the sign up sporting an avatar of a wookiee playing a saxophone to becoming one of the funnier and more talented producers of material the league has seen. Well done son, daddy loves you, 200 games is a good achievement and you also have a bunch of other accolades.
Cheers *raises alcoholic drink and sips it*

spookism
Ah Brahj, what can I say about him that won't come out during his inevitable trial?
One that always shied away from controversy and never, ever saw a chance to take a pot shot, it must be said that Brahj will always be remembered for his on field actions only.
So congratulations on 200 goals, possessions or whatever it is that Filthy has deemed worthy enough to PM me.

Noobz0r
I first met brahj when I was a professor at MIT. I had put a rather difficult maths equation on a public whiteboard as a challenge to my graduate students, which no one could solve. One day, to my absolute shock, it had been anonymously solved. I replaced this with an even harder challenge, and caught brahj (then a janitor) in the act of solving it. The next day he was arrested in a gang fight, and he agreed to forgo his jail time to study mathematics under my supervision. The rest, as they say, is history.

brahj is everything that I want to be; quick-witted and sharp-tongued, yet also charming. And a fantastic hugger. Congrats on 200, big fella.

DemonJim
Dearest brahj,

I remember you from the days of yore as a young rapscallion that quickly grew into an established poster amongst the league. You have many qualities, I shall go about naming some.

• You are good at melting
  • You are even better at causing others melt.
  • Suspected true leader of the BC, much to the chagrin of pants and spook.
  • Your #scandal thread is one for the ages.
  • Your underwear smells of rich mahogany.
  • You will soon pass pantskyle in games played despite starting many seasons after him.
  • Your beard is glorious.

Congratulations on the eve of your 200th game fellow ex-captain. May your next 200 be better and involve fewer bombers posters in general.

Love
JumJim

To brahj, may you play another 100 games.

1581471246850.png

199 Games
Bears 106, Hawks 57 Royals 36

x1 Premiership (S22)
x1 Mobbenfuhrer Medal (S24)
x1 EKA Medal (S18)
x4 All-SFA Selections (S19, 20, 22, 24)
East Side Hawks Best & Fairest (S24)
East Side Hawks Leading Goalkicker (S23)
Las Vegas Bears Captain (S20-21)
Las Vegas Bears Best & Fairest (S19)
Las Vegas Bears Leading Goalkicker (S23)

Highest DreamTeam:
DT Points - Season 21 Round 01 - (Las Vegas Bears) vs. Baghdad Bombers
100+ DreamTeam Points:
x20
occasions
Highest Disposals:
38 Disposals
- Season 26, Round 01 - West Coast Wonders vs. (Las Vegas Bears)
20+ Disposals: x55 occasions
Highest Goals:
9 Goals
- Season 23, Elimination Final - Coney Island Warriors vs. (East Side Hawks)
5+ Goals:
x15 occasions

Last edited:
Noobz0r
I first met brahj when I was a professor at MIT. I had put a rather difficult maths equation on a public whiteboard as a challenge to my graduate students, which no one could solve. One day, to my absolute shock, it had been anonymously solved. I replaced this with an even harder challenge, and caught brahj (then a janitor) in the act of solving it. The next day he was arrested in a gang fight, and he agreed to forgo his jail time to study mathematics under my supervision. The rest, as they say, is history.

brahj is everything that I want to be; quick-witted and sharp-tongued, yet also charming. And a fantastic hugger. Congrats on 200, big fella.

DemonJim

Can't believe Noobz0r copied me here!

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Hi all,

The Filth Wizard here.

Many years back, Season 18 to be precise, the Las Vegas Bears kicked off as a new franchise bringing together a mix of new and old posters but one new light shone brighter than any other - brahj. This Chewbacca faced young man eased into the league with suitable amounts of vim and vigour, winning the EKA and cementing himself as one of the finest posters ever to grace the league.

I fell in love with brahj almost immediately and while it took a fairly long time for us to unite on the qooty field our collective Sweet FA careers met up pretty quickly - he was the perfect co-host on the Sweet FA podcast with an infectious laugh and I miss the occasional catch up beer on a Friday at the Corner Hotel, to laugh about the Sweet FA. He's an OG Boys Club member. He's one of the smartest and funniest posters in the league, not afraid of #scandal and sports an abrasive edge that has grown over time. On field he's just as decorated - Mobbs Medal. 4 x All-SFA. There are Hall Of Famers that have achieved less than him.

Now brahj runs out for his 200th match clearly I would love him to celebrate with a win (wink simmers). Here are some testimonials.

pantskyle
Being the Sweet FA father of brahj it has been a pleasure watching him grow from rookie in the sign up sporting an avatar of a wookiee playing a saxophone to becoming one of the funnier and more talented producers of material the league has seen. Well done son, daddy loves you, 200 games is a good achievement and you also have a bunch of other accolades.
Cheers *raises alcoholic drink and sips it*

spookism
Ah Brahj, what can I say about him that won't come out during his inevitable trial?
One that always shied away from controversy and never, ever saw a chance to take a pot shot, it must be said that Brahj will always be remembered for his on field actions only.
So congratulations on 200 goals, possessions or whatever it is that Filthy has deemed worthy enough to PM me.

Noobz0r

DemonJim
Dearest brahj,

I remember you from the days of yore as a young rapscallion that quickly grew into an established poster amongst the league. You have many qualities, I shall go about naming some.

• You are good at melting
  • You are even better at causing others melt.
  • Suspected true leader of the BC, much to the chagrin of pants and spook.
  • Your #scandal thread is one for the ages.
  • Your underwear smells of rich mahogany.
  • You will soon pass pantskyle in games played despite starting many seasons after him.
  • Your beard is glorious.

Congratulations on the eve of your 200th game fellow ex-captain. May your next 200 be better and involve fewer bombers posters in general.

Love
JumJim

To brahj, may you play another 100 games.

View attachment 821541

199 Games
Bears 106, Hawks 57 Royals 36

x1 Premiership (S22)
x1 Mobbenfuhrer Medal (S24)
x1 EKA Medal (S18)
x4 All-SFA Selections (S19, 20, 22, 24)
East Side Hawks Best & Fairest (S24)
East Side Hawks Leading Goalkicker (S23)
Las Vegas Bears Captain (S20-21)
Las Vegas Bears Best & Fairest (S19)
Las Vegas Bears Leading Goalkicker (S23)

Highest DreamTeam:
DT Points - Season 21 Round 01 - (Las Vegas Bears) vs. Baghdad Bombers
100+ DreamTeam Points:
x20
occasions
Highest Disposals:
38 Disposals
- Season 26, Round 01 - West Coast Wonders vs. (Las Vegas Bears)
20+ Disposals: x55 occasions
Highest Goals:
9 Goals
- Season 23, Elimination Final - Coney Island Warriors vs. (East Side Hawks)
5+ Goals:
x15 occasions

Great write up TFW.

I would have happily given a non BC Testimonial.

He does indeed have an infectious laugh. One of the funniest posters around and extremely quick witted, which makes his avatar somewhat of a trap.

Sometimes you've received a slap and you don't even know it yet.

Congrats on the 200th brahj

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats brahj, 200 games is no easy feat, welcome to the prestigious club. You are now the 90th SFA player to play 200 games.

Classy write-up, The Filth Wizard. I thought you would mention his responsibility for the gonorreah outbreak that swept the league in S20, but it probably isn't worthy of such an occassion.
What?

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Just in from Blacky...

“Brahj is not only handsome and manly, but I bet he smells great. brahj is what Tyrone Vickery could have been if they persisted with him for 200 games”

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The best part of this thread is that last week would have been game 200 for brahj...

...But The Filth Wizard suspended him and DemonJim in Round 14, Season 21. :flushed:

Congratulations brahj!

And people used to say I went easy on my mates.

Back