Recommitted Brandan Parfitt [re-signed for two years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Milera was drafted from central's but was definitely also in the port academy.
I'm not 💯 percent sure how it works has alot to do with education .
Paul vanderberg runs the academy and has also commented on both these boys coming from the academy.
Yeah checked and he certainly was a part of your academy. Apparently you filled your basket with inside mids when you took SPP.

under the same rules about to gift the dogs Ugle-Hagan port would have had Milera, but ******* different rulebooks. Parfitt was in our academy (moved down from NT) but doubt he was here long enough to qualify for us under the Vic’s NGA rules.
The NGA rules weren't in place, otherwise Ratugolea and Jy Simpkin would be Richmond players.

I thought I'd clicked on a thread about Parfitt
He got 14 touches against a woeful Hawthorn, which apparently erases his worst on ground effort in last year's prelim.

And he's making a run at worst do in the comp, sporting corn rows like some basic bitch back from Bali.

Was expecting a breakout year from him but he’s been average in a strong side
Average is generous - especially as he is the highest rated player at the club. Lots of players from his draft year are having break out seasons - Ridley, Simpkin, McGrath & Bolton. He is a long way off the best from the 2016 draft.

Average is generous - especially as he is the highest rated player at the club. Lots of players from his draft year are having break out seasons - Ridley, Simpkin, McGrath & Bolton. He is a long way off the best from the 2016 draft.

That's harsh his season has been solid. He's just playing a much more defensive role in our midfield to compensate for some of our less accountable midfielders. He's 2nd for tackles in the league with him and Greenwood way ahead of the rest. We've got enough ball winning midfielders and he's provided some real defensive steel. I don't think he should be judged more harshly just because he's being asked to play a much more defensive role than the rest of them. Chances are if he was playing at Essendon, North or Richmond because of their midfield issues this year he'd be playing a more attacking role. I'd say McGrath and Simpkin are better players and Bolton is showing his real talent but is still very inconsistent. But for what Geelong needs right now I wouldn't be swapping him for them.

None of those guys are playing a defensive role to compensate for other non accountable players in the side which Parfitt is doing for us. And he is excelling at his role. We are happy with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's harsh his season has been solid. He's just playing a much more defensive role in our midfield to compensate for some of our less accountable midfielders. He's 2nd for tackles in the league with him and Greenwood way ahead of the rest. We've got enough ball winning midfielders and he's provided some real defensive steel. I don't think he should be judged more harshly just because he's being asked to play a much more defensive role than the rest of them. Chances are if he was playing at Essendon, North or Richmond because of their midfield issues this year he'd be playing a more attacking role. I'd say McGrath and Simpkin are better players and Bolton is showing his real talent but is still very inconsistent. But for what Geelong needs right now I wouldn't be swapping him for them.
Come on - McGrath is 9th for tackles but averages nearly 8 more disposals a game.

22.8 disposals & 5.4 tackles >>>>>>> 15.1 disposals & 6.9 tackles. Geelong would prefer the better player and drop 1.5 tackles a game.

Come on - McGrath is 9th for tackles but averages nearly 8 more disposals a game.

22.8 disposals & 5.4 tackles >>>>>>> 15.1 disposals & 6.9 tackles. Geelong would prefer the better player and drop 1.5 tackles a game.

McGrath is a better player. It's very possible he could do what Parfitt's doing better than him but he's not playing that role and right now I wouldn't risk swapping him out to play a different role. It's the same reason I wouldn't swap Guthrie for T Kelly because Guthrie's replaced Kelly in our midfield and gives us a much better balance. Sometimes having guys who balance out the weaknesses of your better players is more important than just having the best attacking players.

I'm not saying he's a superstar or has been outstanding this year. But his role should be recognised and he shouldn't be marked down for not excelling in an attacking sense when he's being asked to curtail his role for the sake of the team. It's also weird that you say he's having a below average season while Bolton is having a "breakout" year and then talk about stats. Bolton and Parfitt's stats are very similar despite Parfitt having significantly less time on ground.

McGrath is a better player. It's very possible he could do what Parfitt's doing better than him but he's not playing that role and right now I wouldn't risk swapping him out to play a different role. It's the same reason I wouldn't swap Guthrie for T Kelly because Guthrie's replaced Kelly in our midfield and gives us a much better balance. Sometimes having guys who balance out the weaknesses of your better players is more important than just having the best attacking players.

I'm not saying he's a superstar or has been outstanding this year. But his role should be recognised and he shouldn't be marked down for not excelling in an attacking sense when he's being asked to curtail his role for the sake of the team. It's also weird that you say he's having a below average season while Bolton is having a "breakout" year and then talk about stats. Bolton and Parfitt's stats are very similar despite Parfitt having significantly less time on ground.
Maybe look at meters gained to see why 167 v 367. Bolton has some serious hurt factor and had been recognised by those that have the best idea - the coaches.

Maybe Scott doesn’t see it the same as you.

Maybe look at meters gained to see why 167 v 367. Bolton has some serious hurt factor and had been recognised by those that have the best idea - the coaches.

Maybe Scott doesn’t see it the same as you.

Parfitt's got coaches votes twice this year. Bolton's best has been better but Parfitt's been more consistent. Bolton was dropped mid season. But again it's hard to judge a guy for not being damaging when he's playing a very defensive role.

Why are you comparing pick 1 to an earlyish 2nd rounder?

Parfitt's got coaches votes twice this year. Bolton's best has been better but Parfitt's been more consistent. Bolton was dropped mid season. But again it's hard to judge a guy for not being damaging when he's playing a very defensive role.
Bolton got votes in 4 straight games. He has been in the best 5 players on the ground 4 games in a row. That’s constant high level football.

Because a poster said they wouldn’t swap them. Which is bizarre when one has been clearly better.
Fair call. I wouldn't swap them either but mostly that would be because of the picks we have to throw at it.

Parfitt is playing his role. I don't think too many are actively unhappy with him

Because a poster said they wouldn’t swap them. Which is bizarre when one has been clearly better.

I only said I wouldn't swap them to play that role at the moment. It was a comment on how our team is playing, how Parfitt is playing an important role in that and the players you mentioned are proven in very different more attaching roles. The start of this whole thing was you saying that describing Parfitt's year as "average is generous" which is an incredibly harsh judgement on a guy who's performing really solidly.

I would love for Richmond to somehow get Parfitt but I think that the Cats will be keen to lock him up pretty soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back