Recommitted Brandan Parfitt [signs til 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

the Ziebull

Hall of Famer
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
One of the few decent young Geelong players. Out of contract is someone I think will have a breakout year and demand a sizeable pay increase

Started the year with 32 touches yesterday, one to track.

Does he stick it out with a cats rebuild presumably after this year or go elsewhere for money and success

Elmer_Judd

Paddy Cripps 2022 Brownlow Medalist
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
One of the few decent young Geelong players. Out of contract is someone I think will have a breakout year and demand a sizeable pay increase

Started the year with 32 touches yesterday, one to track.

Does he stick it out with a cats rebuild presumably after this year or go elsewhere for money and success

Probably owes it to Geelong to stick around there imo.

Don't think another club is going to offer him massive money anyway.

Shadow89

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Not going anywhere. GWS desperately wanted him as part of the Cameron trade, but we said a stern no - as he's the future leader of our midfield. 32 touches yesterday, and looks a lot fitter - is now just coming into his prime. Nowhere near as valuable to anyone else as he is to us.

EDIT: Also as an FYI, it's BrandAn not BrandOn

Warhorse

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
He would want to improve to be worth anything decent. has stagnated badly the last 2 years. Good hands in close but a poor kick. Hopefully this year is the year he reaches the next level

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Probably owes it to Geelong to stick around there imo.

Don't think another club is going to offer him massive money anyway.
How could he owe Geeling anything?

Think he has rare porential and Geelong would be mad to let him go. Can only assume they will have enough bucks coming off the books to keep him

CatToTheFuture

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
How could he owe Geeling anything?

Think he has rare porential and Geelong would be mad to let him go. Can only assume they will have enough bucks coming off the books to keep him
Not that he would owe the cats anything but he has been played whenever for since he was drafted. With the retirements coming up cats will be drinking on money.

He may leave for success once the elder statesman retire, but probably not until that actually eventuates.

Likely will sign until free agency comes up for him.

Simche

All Australian
Oct 5, 2004
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Arsenal
Would actually be a terrific fit for Richmond and their game plan. Not so much the precision style that C Scott loves
I actually agree he'd be a really good get for us given we're in need of reinforcements in the middle who can win clearances in tight.

I can't imagine us breaking the bank for him however and suspect he'll probably have some sort of deal structured where he picks up more coin once guys like Selwood/Smith/Higgins finish up.

He'd either have to move because he wanted a fresh start or because he sees some value in another side as I don't think he's one of those players that will attract an offer of 15-20% above his worth that usually leads to the mid-tier players moving clubs.

CatToTheFuture

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
I actually agree he'd be a really good get for us given we're in need of reinforcements in the middle who can win clearances in tight.

I can't imagine us breaking the bank for him however and suspect he'll probably have some sort of deal structured where he picks up more coin once guys like Selwood/Smith/Higgins finish up.

He'd either have to move because he wanted a fresh start or because he sees some value in another side as I don't think he's one of those players that will attract an offer of 15-20% above his worth that usually leads to the mid-tier players moving clubs.
Yeah for this reason I think the cats will stack an offer to him that sees him to free agency. Not sure what it gets us but opens the options

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Cats probably need to keep him and may offer him overs to do so.

the Ziebull

Hall of Famer
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Seems to have stagnated after round 1

Only 14 touches on the weekend, little impact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dazbroncos

Max Rooke Appreciation Society
Oct 9, 2010
Los Angeles and Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, Red Bull Racing
Very hard to gauge salary wise now

The injury has meant he’s also not been able to prove his worth
plays the defensive role... not all about stats with him IMO.. Atkins covering him at the moment very well actually

Word is deal is being worked on so both parties happy to do it... just the numbers now and given some Vets rolling off list, $$ will be available of which he will see some

GO Catters

fpm84

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham

The 747

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Seems to have stagnated after round 1

Only 14 touches on the weekend, little impact

Hasn't had a great year, and hasn't quite come on like we had hoped. As it turns out some other young players are coming good though.

I'd be surprised if we didn't re-sign him.

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers, AC Milan, Tottenham

Season 7 Work GIF by Shameless
despair GIF
Sad Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Chrispiesssss

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any chance of him leaving?

If the Cats get JDG/Hopper/Bruhn, it will be a tight midfield squeeze.

Jack The Godfather

07, 09, 11
Feb 16, 2007
On Top Of The World
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Syd FC, Pelicans, Saints
He was on the verge of signing a new deal but with Atkins seizing his chance in his place who knows.

I'd have given you 100-1 two months ago but those odds have shortened somewhat.

I still think he re-signs but who knows if we need trade capital.

the Ziebull

Hall of Famer
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
thread already exists on the next page

Dangerousfield

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bunch of cats young players signed recently but not parfitt

Also talk you’re into potentially some other mids from opposition clubs
Getting pushed to the fringe at Geelong who are also in the market for young players like Hopper.

Decent mid which we need, former North Adelaide boy so we must be interested, we have lots of cash too :)

The 747

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Getting pushed to the fringe at Geelong who are also in the market for young players like Hopper.

Decent mid which we need, former North Adelaide boy so we must be interested, we have lots of cash too :)

Yeah, he's a first choice young mid (one of very few) for a top 4 side, must be dying to go and play for the Crows.

Remove this Banner Ad