Recommitted Brandan Parfitt [signs til 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the few decent young Geelong players. Out of contract is someone I think will have a breakout year and demand a sizeable pay increase

Started the year with 32 touches yesterday, one to track.

Does he stick it out with a cats rebuild presumably after this year or go elsewhere for money and success

Probably owes it to Geelong to stick around there imo.

Don't think another club is going to offer him massive money anyway.

Not going anywhere. GWS desperately wanted him as part of the Cameron trade, but we said a stern no - as he's the future leader of our midfield. 32 touches yesterday, and looks a lot fitter - is now just coming into his prime. Nowhere near as valuable to anyone else as he is to us.

EDIT: Also as an FYI, it's BrandAn not BrandOn

Probably owes it to Geelong to stick around there imo.

Don't think another club is going to offer him massive money anyway.
How could he owe Geeling anything?

Think he has rare porential and Geelong would be mad to let him go. Can only assume they will have enough bucks coming off the books to keep him

How could he owe Geeling anything?

Think he has rare porential and Geelong would be mad to let him go. Can only assume they will have enough bucks coming off the books to keep him
Not that he would owe the cats anything but he has been played whenever for since he was drafted. With the retirements coming up cats will be drinking on money.

He may leave for success once the elder statesman retire, but probably not until that actually eventuates.

Likely will sign until free agency comes up for him.

Would actually be a terrific fit for Richmond and their game plan. Not so much the precision style that C Scott loves
I actually agree he'd be a really good get for us given we're in need of reinforcements in the middle who can win clearances in tight.

I can't imagine us breaking the bank for him however and suspect he'll probably have some sort of deal structured where he picks up more coin once guys like Selwood/Smith/Higgins finish up.

He'd either have to move because he wanted a fresh start or because he sees some value in another side as I don't think he's one of those players that will attract an offer of 15-20% above his worth that usually leads to the mid-tier players moving clubs.

I actually agree he'd be a really good get for us given we're in need of reinforcements in the middle who can win clearances in tight.

I can't imagine us breaking the bank for him however and suspect he'll probably have some sort of deal structured where he picks up more coin once guys like Selwood/Smith/Higgins finish up.

He'd either have to move because he wanted a fresh start or because he sees some value in another side as I don't think he's one of those players that will attract an offer of 15-20% above his worth that usually leads to the mid-tier players moving clubs.
Yeah for this reason I think the cats will stack an offer to him that sees him to free agency. Not sure what it gets us but opens the options

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very hard to gauge salary wise now

The injury has meant he’s also not been able to prove his worth
plays the defensive role... not all about stats with him IMO.. Atkins covering him at the moment very well actually

Word is deal is being worked on so both parties happy to do it... just the numbers now and given some Vets rolling off list, $$ will be available of which he will see some

GO Catters

Season 7 Work GIF by Shameless
despair GIF
Sad Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

He was on the verge of signing a new deal but with Atkins seizing his chance in his place who knows.

I'd have given you 100-1 two months ago but those odds have shortened somewhat.

I still think he re-signs but who knows if we need trade capital.

thread already exists on the next page

Bunch of cats young players signed recently but not parfitt

Also talk you’re into potentially some other mids from opposition clubs
Getting pushed to the fringe at Geelong who are also in the market for young players like Hopper.

Decent mid which we need, former North Adelaide boy so we must be interested, we have lots of cash too :)

Getting pushed to the fringe at Geelong who are also in the market for young players like Hopper.

Decent mid which we need, former North Adelaide boy so we must be interested, we have lots of cash too :)
He has played one vfl game ever. Not exactly fringe.

Yeah, he's a first choice young mid (one of very few) for a top 4 side, must be dying to go and play for the Crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back