Toast Brandan Parfitt -

Remove this Banner Ad

**** you must lead a miserable life.
What’s wrong with what he said? Every manager’s job is to maximise opportunity for their client. By 2021 Taylor and Gaz will likely be gone, maybe more, freeing up a lot of SC space. Any manager worth his salt would advise him to make this move. This year they’ll have much less room to move unless they know of certain players’ plans in advance.

probably wants a short contract to see how the landscape changes in the next few years

once all the oldies start retiring he'll be able to demand a lot more money or shoot through to another club

Basically its a fair enough assessment ...
... although there is a bit of shade , some dark and light to it. He takes a short term c , it basically says he is happy enough at the club and believes he can be worth more in a year or two and yes that means there will be other offers ..and yes like any player he will assess how the club recruits and plans for post Taylor , Selwood etc... If the club upholds its part... no reason to suspect anything other than positive things to come ....

What’s wrong with what he said? Every manager’s job is to maximise opportunity for their client. By 2021 Taylor and Gaz will likely be gone, maybe more, freeing up a lot of SC space. Any manager worth his salt would advise him to make this move. This year they’ll have much less room to move unless they know of certain players’ plans in advance.

Me thinks you might have missed Cynicals entire history of living up to his name and actually exceeding it with his constant negativity

I agree with the first part of what was said - we'll see retirements of senior players which should free up salary cap space & if he continues to improve then he will deserve increased earnings.

The part what he's living up to his name & also that makes the post seem overly negative is "or shoot through to another club" - the tone isn't great and sure Parfitt may decide to look at his options but he can do that regardless of contract status & it can be worded better

I agree with the first part of what was said - we'll see retirements of senior players which should free up salary cap space & if he continues to improve then he will deserve increased earnings.

The part what he's living up to his name & also that makes the post seem overly negative is "or shoot through to another club" - the tone isn't great and sure Parfitt may decide to look at his options but he can do that regardless of contract status & it can be worded better
Sure, the suggestion that Parfitt would be wrong to look elsewhere and “shoot through” at the end of his contract is not fair. Not sure he meant that though, and it’s not how I read it.

Just my opinion - but i havent got any great expectation or excitement re Parfitt as an AFL Footballer

Hes not quick - hes got a shuffling sort of running action

I think in a real good side - hes in your bottom 6

Even though he hasnt played a game yet - im more interested in that SA kid - the ruck rover type - his highlights looked good

Just my opinion - but i havent got any great expectation or excitement re Parfitt as an AFL Footballer

Controversial GOB.....personally I think he's way better than that. He may have a different running action, but opponents find it hard to put a hand on him. He's a creative footballer as well...not something we are over endowed with.

Even though he hasnt played a game yet - im more interested in that SA kid - the ruck rover type - his highlights looked good
You think Parfitt's ceiling is a bottom 6 player (a level he's already at) because of his running action?

That's one of the more inexplicable takes I've seen on here.

I think he's a jet. Bit of Sam Mitchell to him but less damaging by foot.

A player that can hit a target with a clean handball shouldn't be rare but after watching us pepper shoe laces for years it seems to be. He's one of our better distributors by hand. Also like his composure with the ball. Sure we all enjoy that pause he does in traffic to create space.

On the ball from here on for mine.

Controversial GOB.....personally I think he's way better than that. He may have a different running action, but opponents find it hard to put a hand on him. He's a creative footballer as well...not something we are over endowed with.

At times he has something of Couch about him... seems good in heavy traffic... if he gets really fit ..im not sure absolute speed is his most dire need... gut running would be more the go id have thought...

but who knows... there is hardly anyone on our list that someone has scant respect for... I have high hopes for him but we have all been burned by hopes before...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the moment l'm not overly up beat over Parfitt, l think he has nice skills but not sure whether he's a dominant type player.
Not sure he can be that high accumulator like Dangerfield or Ablett are, but guess they have to experiment.
Thought he had time through the midfield last year and went just ok.

Interesting take - not one I’d agree to in this case but his running style is a bit different... not sure it limits his ceiling skill wise but I’ll always remember his shuffled running after that ball on the far side wing when he did his hammy and went down.. I hope I never see that again

Go Catters

There is a line about working well in a phone box I think... That applies IMO, from his very first NAB game I remember he got the ball on the wing against the Hawks and shimmied or stepped around the approaching traffic with ridiculous calm and ease and I was on board..

He needs to work on his kicking no doubt but he has that something special about him I have no doubt.. If he gets to play in the heat and traffic of the middle for long periods this year he will show it

There is a line about working well in a phone box I think... That applies IMO, from his very first NAB game I remember he got the ball on the wing against the Hawks and shimmied or stepped around the approaching traffic with ridiculous calm and ease and I was on board..

He needs to work on his kicking no doubt but he has that something special about him I have no doubt.. If he gets to play in the heat and traffic of the middle for long periods this year he will show it
Some players just look like they have time with ball in hand. Not saying he doesn’t get caught.. he has... but he also demonstrated the “allusive gene” and made more expericed players corralling him look silly.
Lots to work with and imo the ceiling is high.

Go Catters

Some players just look like they have time with ball in hand. Not saying he doesn’t get caught.. he has... but he also demonstrated the “allusive gene” and made more expericed players corralling him look silly.
Lots to work with and imo the ceiling is high.

Go Catters
He is very elusive, he does have that shimmy, and he does have his own time bubble; but he just needs the experience to know how far to go, so that he doesn't end up so often getting jammed into hurried and poor disposal because he's taken one step too many.
He could become a very good and effective player if he improves his poor disposal efficiency.

Sure, the suggestion that Parfitt would be wrong to look elsewhere and “shoot through” at the end of his contract is not fair. Not sure he meant that though, and it’s not how I read it.
That's exactly what he meant.

You think Parfitt's ceiling is a bottom 6 player (a level he's already at) because of his running action?

That's one of the more inexplicable takes I've seen on here.
On that basis Steve Johnson was destined to fail.

In 2 years time will be worth a lot more money..The kid will be a gun think he moves a lot like Leigh Mathews
I've never once seen him flop, dive and play for free kicks.

Definitely being overrated at the moment based on what he has produced so far.. He's a decent player but to suggest he will be a star is going a bit early. Let's see how he develops - he lacks pace and and goes missing a bit too much. I have no issues with the short contract - these days most contracts are based on hype majority of time is a let down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back