Toast Brandan Parfitt -

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t know if this has been raised but I’m pretty sure that he is still eligible for the Rising Star this year.
If so he would be a shoe in this week

He is not... I asked K rock Football

Kingy said because he played more than 10 games last year he's ineligible this year.

Go Catters

He is our best young player on our list (*talking about the sub 22 yo's)...

Fogarty won't be too far behind by this time next year, I think... Constable looks like he could be special too.

That could be a formidable engine.

Constable has a natural knack for that as well
l think his game will succeed needs his opportunity asap.
Cunico always was a slick mover to me in the vfl games l saw, must stay in and Fogarty is going brilliant.
By the way Murdoch has been alright as well.

Last edited:
Terrific game , seems to be consistently good now - it's easy to forget it's only year 2 for him and he missed 10 or so weeks last season.
Love watching the players who have all the time in the world and seem to make the game go in slow motion - a key strength of his and Kelly goes Ok in that respect as well.
One occasional flaw is the tendency to loop a pass too high but in general his kicking looks better this year , reckon he'll work on that and start kicking low darts before too long.

It's very rare for such a good pressure player who can win it on the inside to be so composed and classy when he gets the ball. Kelly and Parfitt are both top 10 in the league for score involvements. That's hugely promising if we want to go a couple of steps further this year.
Maybe they are the players referred to as our 2 man team .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sorry to blow my own trumpet, but some shameless self promotion.

go for Port, but work at the club as a writer.

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2018-04-16/more-midfield-time-helps-parfitt-make-his-name

did this piece on Brandan yesterday

apologies for the intrusion, but good luck on Saturday, I hate watching Port v Geelong because i have a soft spot for Geelong, but please let Port have 1!
Thanks for that...

And any time you write pieces that for the club feel free to alert us here. Most topics here have threads that would suit the pieces.

and I hope we belt you lot..sorry but we need the road win.

Go Catters

And was nominated last year as well

Some players have been nominated in two seperate years - one nomination doesn't stop you from being nominated the following year providing you meet the age & games played criteria. There have actually been 10 players who have received dual nominations:
Note, none of the dual nominees have ever won the award.

Looking forward to Forgerty and Parfitt becoming the core of our midfield for a few years to come
Not having a crack at a 4 game player, but......

If Fogarty had a bit more composure with the footy we could easily be 4-0 by now. We certainly would have beaten WC if he had taken some pretty easy chances in front of goal.

That said, he looks great. To be having the impact that he is having this early in his career is a great indicator of things to come.

If Fogarty had a bit more composure with the footy we could easily be 4-0 by now. We certainly would have beaten WC if he had taken some pretty easy chances in front of goal.

That said, he looks great. To be having the impact that he is having this early in his career is a great indicator of things to come.

How are you implementing him in the loss to Hawthorn? There's senior players who we could question their composure before that of a kid.

Would kicking those early 4th quarter opportunities against the Eagles have helped - sure, but considering how the Eagles ran out that match while we were out on our legs, no guarantees with that either.

Fox footy on the couch I think it was paralleled him to Selwood as coming in and having an impact the contests in a physical sense for a 4 game player.
Agree the composure could increase - and im sure it will - but IMO id rather have a player be getting into the right spots in a footy sense and a physical sense and miss than be a great kick for goal and not get anywhere near it. Point being he will slow down and take that 1/2 second longer to kick it with more games under his belt - that easier to teach - than vice versa where you have to teach him how to find the pill and read the play.

GO Catters

Fox footy on the couch I think it was paralleled him to Selwood as coming in and having an impact the contests in a physical sense for a 4 game player.
Agree the composure could increase - and im sure it will - but IMO id rather have a player be getting into the right spots in a footy sense and a physical sense and miss than be a great kick for goal and not get anywhere near it. Point being he will slow down and take that 1/2 second longer to kick it with more games under his belt - that easier to teach - than vice versa where you have to teach him how to find the pill and read the play.

GO Catters
Totally agree Daz. I reckon that he is going to be awesome.

Totally agree Daz. I reckon that he is going to be awesome.
I know its a bit early... (read REALLY EARLY) but IMO he's got a little bit of * YOU about him - the silent assassin type. He seems like a really quiet yet confident type that, developed correctly, could be really really good for us.

I guess the phrase "tough nut" comes to mind. Not so much like the Jacko tough nut but just the Jordan Lewis, Max Rooke tough nut type.

Quiet but lethal.

Go Catters

How are you implementing him in the loss to Hawthorn? There's senior players who we could question their composure before that of a kid.

Would kicking those early 4th quarter opportunities against the Eagles have helped - sure, but considering how the Eagles ran out that match while we were out on our legs, no guarantees with that either.
I specifically said in my post that he was a 4 game player, and that he has made a great start to his career.

However, at the time the goals that he missed against WC would have broken them. He wasn't alone, Sav missed a sitter that would have gone along way to sealing the game, but you can't ignore the misses. His overall contribution however was a positive one.

I know its a bit early... (read REALLY EARLY) but IMO he's got a little bit of **** YOU about him - the silent assassin type. He seems like a really quiet yet confident type that, developed correctly, could be really really good for us.

I guess the phrase "tough nut" comes to mind. Not so much like the Jacko tough nut but just the Jordan Lewis, Max Rooke tough nut type.

Quiet but lethal.

Go Catters
The thing I like about him is that he doesn't defer to senior players, he takes the game on.

In a different kind of way, it was a trait that was evident in Duncan from Day 1. Duncan would take any shot at goal, and try any difficult field kick from Day 1. You never saw him passing the buck to another player, or handballing to a senior player in a worse position because he wasn't prepared to take responsibility or was scared to make a mistake. It is a quality I look for in young players because it is something that shows confidence/character and often can't be taught. Duncan had it, Selwood had it and Fogarty has it. Good signs if you ask me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back