Brandon Ellis Incident

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, but there's the Collingwood rule re suspensions coming into grand finals, and then there's the rules for everyone else. IE: suspensions of Carman, Rocca and Jason Cloke for innocuous incidents. The letting off of Syd Jackson ( Jackson admitted in recent years that his claim that Lee Adamson provoked him by racially abusing him was a contrived lie ), and Barry Hall for blatant punches.

In my mind there is no doubt the AFL are corrupt.
To be fair, Cloke did rearrange Edwards face though, accident or not he had to go, Rocca on the other hand was bullshit, complete bullshit, was barely a free kick.

He'll be let off because Whitfield played out the game. Might get a fine but that's it, AFL tends to play to the outcome rather than the action these days. (Which is why I'd be worried for Cotchin, especially since he's on 2 strikes already)

The fact he got straight up means he gets off

He didnt get straight up. Sure he played on but he didnt get straight up.

Basically your saying that because Whitfield has a strong jaw and was lucky its not a reportable offence.

So how does that work with jumper punches to the jaw?

Player doesnt go down and plays on but the infracting player gets a week.

3 weeks. Had the choice to tackle and chose to bump and got him high.

It'll be an absolute disgrace if he gets off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he should have been suspended for this, fine at most, but for the AFL to say he was contesting the ball... please you don't contest the ball by jumping into your opponent and collecting him in the head with your arm/bicep/elbow, you tackle the opponent or lay a legal bump.

So dumb from the AFL, a free swing from them to give him a fine based on low impact, but to clear him all together, why put themselves in this situation where their consistency and professionalism come into question again? Just dumb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back