Free Agency Brandon Ellis [Signs for Gold Coast, Richmond receive #39 compensation]

Remove this Banner Ad

It isn't the compo. It's the process.

if they said that there is a sliding scale whereby higher paced teams get worse compo and vice versa, I'd like that.

But they say it's a level field. And it obviously isn't.

On another thing. Lynch wasn't free. he cost a lot of $. Which is partly why BEllis is going. You cannot manage a list in the top 4 without underpaying players. Brando's contract came up when we needed $, and his relative worth to us is lower. Nothing is for free.

Like I said in isolation I believe it’s fair. But virtually identical deals in the last 2 years have gotten much better compo. AFL isn’t consistent, looking at the previous deals we should’ve gotten better compo.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Suns have to overpay players to come, I don't think Richmond should be rewarded for that.

Tbh. The Compo in isolation is fair, Ellis is just in our best 22 and is always one of the first out. We’re happy to let him go and put up no fight. BUT, compared to other compensation examples like Motlop it’s a joke. AFLs clearly making an example.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Spot on if he wasn't worth an end of 1st going on that deal then most shouldn't be.

5 years - 500k plus gets an end of 1st every day of the week.

If it were Saints or North its ok to overpay them?
Not sure I get your question.

My point
club a values player at x
Club b values player at x-y

player leaves club b for club a.
Then club b should be compensated to the tune of x-y

Insert whichever clubs you want

Should get compensated at the degree for which you valued the player, not another team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back