Free Agency Brandon Ellis [Signs for Gold Coast, Richmond receive #39 compensation]

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
There has to be something in Brandon’s comments in the last couple of days.

Perhaps with Coach Scott leaving the Roos have withdrawn their offer to him.

As a premiership hero I’d be keen for him to stay, but it would obviously be unders given our player priorities. I wonder what Richmond will offer him.

A good player for now, but I can see his spot in the starting 22 being taken by Naish in the near future.

I would be going after Butler.

Definitely seems to be out of form and a change of environment might be just what he needs

I rated him as our most talented small behind Rioli with the highest potential to run through the middle

Poska

All Australian
Jul 10, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
There has to be something in Brandon’s comments in the last couple of days.

Perhaps with Coach Scott leaving the Roos have withdrawn their offer to him.

As a premiership hero I’d be keen for him to stay, but it would obviously be unders given our player priorities. I wonder what Richmond will offer him.

A good player for now, but I can see his spot in the starting 22 being taken by Naish in the near future.
I am starting to think he will accept unders to stay with us. I don’t think he’s going to be lured by cash given he owns a successful watch business. He wants to remain a Tiger.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I am starting to think he will accept unders to stay with us. I don’t think he’s going to be lured by cash given he owns a successful watch business. He wants to remain a Tiger.

Dont be fooled by the media reports, players will always say they want to stay at their club etc etc but en of the year if the offers are big enough thins will change

Poska

All Australian
Jul 10, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Dont be fooled by the media reports, players will always say they want to stay at their club etc etc but en of the year if the offers are big enough thins will change
I know you want him gone, but I think he wants to stay. If he wanted out he could’ve easily spouted the usual crap like “I haven’t put much thought into it to be honest. Right now my main focus is on our season. I’ll have to have a chat with my manager and the club at the end of the season to see where we’re at, but right now my priority is achieving success with Richmond”.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I know you want him gone, but I think he wants to stay. If he wanted out he could’ve easily spouted the usual crap like “I haven’t put much thought into it to be honest. Right now my main focus is on our season. I’ll have to have a chat with my manager and the club at the end of the season to see where we’re at, but right now my priority is achieving success with Richmond”.
I wouldnt expect him to say any differently now and if he takes a 50% reduction in pay to stay i will be the 1st to commend him for that

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
That's not a legitimate source.

His name hasn't even been raised by people who have inside information in regards to the club.
Sorry i didnt realise posters on BF dont have all the info that happens inside a club...
My bad....
Its looking more and more likely that Carlton will miss out on Conliglio and get a couple of B-graders ala Ellis and Martin.
Good times.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Sorry i didnt realise posters on BF dont have all the info that happens inside a club...
My bad....
Its looking more and more likely that Carlton will miss out on Conliglio and get a couple of B-graders ala Ellis and Martin.
Good times.

Why do you believe some bullshit article over people with long histories of providing factual information?

You're the poster child for fake news.

That's not a legitimate source.

His name hasn't even been raised by people who have inside information in regards to the club.

So he's right about Coniglio and Martin but wrong about Ellis?

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
Why do you believe some bulls**t article over people with long histories of providing factual information?

You're the poster child for fake news.
Most people in the football industry are now saying its 60% GWS 40% Hawthorn for Cogs.
It makes sence that the Blues would chase Ellis. Premiership winning wing that is only 26.
Why are you getting so defensive?
You should be happy a premiership wing wants to come to a bottom 4 club

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Most people in the football industry are now saying its 60% GWS 40% Hawthorn for Cogs.
It makes sence that the Blues would chase Ellis. Premiership winning wing that is only 26.
Why are you getting so defensive?
You should be happy a premiership wing wants to come to a bottom 4 club

I'm not being defensive.

Just stating I have more faith in people with a track record of providing inside information that has eventuated than an article that nobody even bothered to put their name too.

Back