Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
Chisholm, Minnesota
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nashville Predators
Wow nice tip

Setterfield, Moore, LDU, Forgarty, Coffield, Preuss, Brander must all be worth bugger all then? Right?

I miss the days when Richmond supporters kept their bragging/posting to a minimum.

Thanks mate .... as anyone who knows me from the Richmond board will testify, I far from boast.
If I did, I'd tell you BEllis is a gun, ditto for CEllis and each of Markov, Miles, Llloyd, Menadue and Balta are walk up starts else where.
Besides trying to make yourself look like some sort of expert and hero, I think you highlighted the gist of my post perfectly by trying to demean me.
Yes, as I said, few are worth much of value/
Congrats, you highlighted a few who are of value to back my post, even though it wasn't your intention.
PS Moore would be in Collingwood's best 22 ... timing has killed him!

Plat

All Australian
Jan 24, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I hope we aren't looking at this guy. He comes to my work fairly often and is not a great bloke. Also a fringe player that doesn't really fit a need. From a club that won as many cups as we did this season.

No thank you.

What makes him "not a great bloke"

Stitch

All Australian
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
It’ll be something like B.Ellis + 34 for 28 + 39 with North paying the remainder of his salary. Scott has always rated him, usually sending Gibson to him in a run with role. Not sure why though as he’s not a very damaging player. He’s a ripping kid and well loved amongst the playing group and coaching staff. Maybe a fresh start will help him recapture that solid 2014-17 form. Good luck to him.

Grizza

Team Captain
Aug 21, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
It’ll be something like B.Ellis + 34 for 28 + 39 with North paying the remainder of his salary. Scott has always rated him, usually sending Gibson to him in a run with role. Not sure why though as he’s not a very damaging player. He’s a ripping kid and well loved amongst the playing group and coaching staff. Maybe a fresh start will help him recapture that solid 2014-17 form. Good luck to him.
Scott tagging him suggests he has a high level of respect of Brando. Maybe he’ll release him onto a wing, which is where he played when he received an AA nod.

Flea_29

All Australian
Oct 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not sure about this. Brandon is very good friends with my son and he absolutely loves the club. Although disappointed about missing out on playing finals this year, he bleeds black and yellow. The only way he moves clubs is if he is 'pushed' - the club tells him that there are players ahead of him and he should look elsewhere.
Hope he stays.

Grizza

Team Captain
Aug 21, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure about this. Brandon is very good friends with my son and he absolutely loves the club. Although disappointed about missing out on playing finals this year, he bleeds black and yellow. The only way he moves clubs is if he is 'pushed' - the club tells him that there are players ahead of him and he should look elsewhere.
Hope he stays.
Might’ve seen your son at the Osborne Saturday. Blonde hair? Brando brought a few mates along that he introduced me to.

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Charlotte Hornets
There is zero chanceNorth are “desperate.”

As Dees have shown with Hibberd, as Geelong showed with Mitch Clark(who was looking good before his panic attack), and Hawthorn with Gibson/Lake/Gunston, good players will go to your team for second and third rounders when you start really knocking on the door of the top eight.

For all intensive purposes North overachieve day this year; they’ve still got to work that midfield out and add some outside class. Why the hell wouldn’t they take a second rounder to the draft this year to add another youngster into the mix. Right now apart from Higgins Jacobs and Cunnington it’s nearly free country in that midfield. A second rounder can bust but it can also provide legitimate answers in the midfield down the track that a Brandon Ellis simply cannot.

Ellis to Melbourne for example for a second rounder could be remotely plausible since we need a winger and he has shown strong footy out there before. But north right should only be pursuing big fish and rightly so. They aren’t that incompetent to use a legitimate asset on B. Ellis surely. Gone are the days of getting Dal Santo/Higgins/Waite plus I’m pretty sure those were free agency acquisitions anyway and didn’t require the loss of any assets

Grizza

Team Captain
Aug 21, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
There is zero chanceNorth are “desperate.”

As Dees have shown with Hibberd, as Geelong showed with Mitch Clark(who was looking good before his panic attack), and Hawthorn with Gibson/Lake/Gunston, good players will go to your team for second and third rounders when you start really knocking on the door of the top eight.

For all intensive purposes North overachieve day this year; they’ve still got to work that midfield out and add some outside class. Why the hell wouldn’t they take a second rounder to the draft this year to add another youngster into the mix. Right now apart from Higgins Jacobs and Cunnington it’s nearly free country in that midfield. A second rounder can bust but it can also provide legitimate answers in the midfield down the track that a Brandon Ellis simply cannot.

Ellis to Melbourne for example for a second rounder could be remotely plausible since we need a winger and he has shown strong footy out there before. But north right should only be pursuing big fish and rightly so. They aren’t that incompetent to use a legitimate asset on B. Ellis surely. Gone are the days of getting Dal Santo/Higgins/Waite plus I’m pretty sure those were free agency acquisitions anyway and didn’t require the loss of any assets
North have enough grunt and one-paced mids. Ellis provides them with exactly what they need. Outside run. That’s why I wasn’t surprised when Brando told me they enquired.

As for big fish, what do you consider Hall and Newman? Ellis is far superior to both and has more runs on the board. It makes sense for North. He’d make them very dangerous and they’d stop getting burnt on the outside on larger decks.

Gibson was delisted by North a while back mate.

The team giving up 9 for Polec has an eye for talent, may as well ask the question.

Indeed, we will be getting Polec and Thomas for that pick. Smart business.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Hope he stays.

Well, Houli will not be around forever and a few others will be iffy so he could always sneak in. He really is not that far off to be honest

DustinsGuns

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Worth pick 25-30 imo.

A very durable and consistent player. Can find the footy, uses it well and runs all day. Knocks on him are his defensive running but he should have played last week in front of a couple of others and I still believe he is in our best 22.

He, with Conca, were always going to be the mid-teir type players on $250k-$350k/year squeezed out by Lynch. Could probably get $400k-$500k a year elsewhere.

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
North are rumoured to be desperate for him. Has fallen out of favour with us but he walks straight into their side. What is he worth? Premiership player, All Australian squad a few years back and extremely durable. Thinking they’ll have to cough up to get us to the table given that he’s a heart and soul type player and is contracted.

Discuss.
Dude.
Noone is falling for this one.
He is worth about pick 40.

Back