Restricted Free Agent Brandon Ellis

Taylor

Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
One of the younger free agents available

A premiership player that seems to be maligned from tigers supporters and was not selected round 1

Big engine and accumulator and a good size. Would expect north to have another dip here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rich01

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
North have been into him for a while.

Long term contract and significant dollars Richmond won’t be able to match. Time for him to cash in on his career.

He’s an upgrade on Atley for them and straight into their 18.

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North have been into him for a while.

Long term contract and significant dollars Richmond won’t be able to match. Time for him to cash in on his career.

He’s an upgrade on Atley for them and straight into their 18.
Upgrade on Macmillan and Wright

AFDogs

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Honestly I would love him at the Dogs. Big possession getter. We're happy to go after blokes like Duryea and Lloyd, we would be silly to at least not enquire about Ellis.

Melbourne boy too so would be looking to stay here I'd reckon.

DontArgue4

Premium Platinum
May 3, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Houston Rockets, Arsenal, PhiEagles
Im one of his biggest critics, but credit where credit is due he has turned his form around over the past few weeks with his move to the wing where he is much more suited....

Excellent gut runner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kreglze

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Outside run is something we desperately need. We have been found out the past few weeks with Weller and Powell being out injured. More depth coming in that position would be solid. Some Suns fans not a massive fan, but I would like to ask the question of him. Last few weeks he has looked good.

adammania9

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University

exxcessivve

All Australian
Jan 19, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Essendon, Geelong, GWS, Port
The latest AFL Exchange podcast has a section where they talk about "Richmond's position on [trading] Brandon Ellis" changing. Basically just said that Richmond was indifferent to keeping him at the start of the year, but now even if they change their mind they probably won't have the salary cap space they need to keep him.

Pure_Ownage

Premium Platinum
Nov 26, 2008
PODS fan club office
AFL Club
Geelong
The latest AFL Exchange podcast has a section where they talk about "Richmond's position on [trading] Brandon Ellis" changing. Basically just said that Richmond was indifferent to keeping him at the start of the year, but now even if they change their mind they probably won't have the salary cap space they need to keep him.
They cant trade him they can only match an FA offer which i doubt they have the cap space to do.

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
p**s off You Troll
They cant trade him they can only match an FA offer which i doubt they have the cap space to do.
Richmond wont match an offer more than $400k for Ellis as he is not a priority player for Richmond and we have ample replacements in his position
Short,Menadue,Naish,Turner,Bolton all can play that role.

Will take the band 2 compo thanks

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Richmond wont match an offer more than $400k for Ellis as he is not a priority player for Richmond and we have ample replacements in his position
Short,Menadue,Naish,Turner,Bolton all can play that role.

Will take the band 2 compo thanks
500k, 4 year is it enough ..

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
p**s off You Troll
500k, 4 year is it enough ..
I would say that would be the minimum and there apparently is a few clubs talking to his manager and seriously interested but with Polec on $750k x 4 year deal and Ellis career stats are better and his DE% is also superior to Polec. As well as being younger and more games and also coming fresh of a premiership i would expect more around the $650k range

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I would say that would be the minimum and there apparently is a few clubs talking to his manager and seriously interested but with Polec on $750k x 4 year deal and Ellis career stats are better and his DE% is also superior to Polec. As well as being younger and more games and also coming fresh of a premiership i would expect more around the $650k range
North and Sydney can have him then, stats can all be change playing with different team .

adammania9

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Your comparing Career's which is the best indication

So what would you prefer just to select which year suits your agenda ??
Yes I would prefer to compare 2018-2019 form as opposed to 2011-2019 form. You tell me how data extracted from over 5 years ago is relevant

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
p**s off You Troll
Yes I would prefer to compare 2018-2019 form as opposed to 2011-2019 form. You tell me how data extracted from over 5 years ago is relevant
Well go ahead and compare 2019 if you must , Realistically only in 1 year has polec really played well and that was in 2018, But the rest of his career Ellis stats are better.

OhhDeledio

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chiefs
Its still very relevant. Ellis in just his 3rd year came 2nd in our b&f and was close to making the AA team. Gone downhill a bit since then playing in different roles and that but it shows that he is capable of being an AA squad sort of player when he is at his best. Now that he is back to playing pure wing hes starting to show those signs again that were there 5 years ago.

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
p**s off You Troll
Its still very relevant. Ellis in just his 3rd year came 2nd in our b&f and was close to making the AA team. Gone downhill a bit since then playing in different roles and that but it shows that he is capable of being an AA squad sort of player when he is at his best. Now that he is back to playing pure wing hes starting to show those signs again that were there 5 years ago.
Its no coincidence that he is having a great year in his natural position and not as a defender

Top Bottom