Free Agency Brandon Ellis [Signs for Gold Coast, Richmond receive #39 compensation]

Remove this Banner Ad

North have been into him for a while.

Long term contract and significant dollars Richmond won’t be able to match. Time for him to cash in on his career.

He’s an upgrade on Atley for them and straight into their 18.

Honestly I would love him at the Dogs. Big possession getter. We're happy to go after blokes like Duryea and Lloyd, we would be silly to at least not enquire about Ellis.

Melbourne boy too so would be looking to stay here I'd reckon.

Im one of his biggest critics, but credit where credit is due he has turned his form around over the past few weeks with his move to the wing where he is much more suited....

Excellent gut runner

Outside run is something we desperately need. We have been found out the past few weeks with Weller and Powell being out injured. More depth coming in that position would be solid. Some Suns fans not a massive fan, but I would like to ask the question of him. Last few weeks he has looked good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The latest AFL Exchange podcast has a section where they talk about "Richmond's position on [trading] Brandon Ellis" changing. Basically just said that Richmond was indifferent to keeping him at the start of the year, but now even if they change their mind they probably won't have the salary cap space they need to keep him.

The latest AFL Exchange podcast has a section where they talk about "Richmond's position on [trading] Brandon Ellis" changing. Basically just said that Richmond was indifferent to keeping him at the start of the year, but now even if they change their mind they probably won't have the salary cap space they need to keep him.

They cant trade him they can only match an FA offer which i doubt they have the cap space to do.

They cant trade him they can only match an FA offer which i doubt they have the cap space to do.
Richmond wont match an offer more than $400k for Ellis as he is not a priority player for Richmond and we have ample replacements in his position
Short,Menadue,Naish,Turner,Bolton all can play that role.

Will take the band 2 compo thanks

Richmond wont match an offer more than $400k for Ellis as he is not a priority player for Richmond and we have ample replacements in his position
Short,Menadue,Naish,Turner,Bolton all can play that role.

Will take the band 2 compo thanks
500k, 4 year is it enough ..

500k, 4 year is it enough ..
I would say that would be the minimum and there apparently is a few clubs talking to his manager and seriously interested but with Polec on $750k x 4 year deal and Ellis career stats are better and his DE% is also superior to Polec. As well as being younger and more games and also coming fresh of a premiership i would expect more around the $650k range

I would say that would be the minimum and there apparently is a few clubs talking to his manager and seriously interested but with Polec on $750k x 4 year deal and Ellis career stats are better and his DE% is also superior to Polec. As well as being younger and more games and also coming fresh of a premiership i would expect more around the $650k range
North and Sydney can have him then, stats can all be change playing with different team .

Yes I would prefer to compare 2018-2019 form as opposed to 2011-2019 form. You tell me how data extracted from over 5 years ago is relevant
Well go ahead and compare 2019 if you must , Realistically only in 1 year has polec really played well and that was in 2018, But the rest of his career Ellis stats are better.

Yes I would prefer to compare 2018-2019 form as opposed to 2011-2019 form. You tell me how data extracted from over 5 years ago is relevant
Its still very relevant. Ellis in just his 3rd year came 2nd in our b&f and was close to making the AA team. Gone downhill a bit since then playing in different roles and that but it shows that he is capable of being an AA squad sort of player when he is at his best. Now that he is back to playing pure wing hes starting to show those signs again that were there 5 years ago.

Its still very relevant. Ellis in just his 3rd year came 2nd in our b&f and was close to making the AA team. Gone downhill a bit since then playing in different roles and that but it shows that he is capable of being an AA squad sort of player when he is at his best. Now that he is back to playing pure wing hes starting to show those signs again that were there 5 years ago.
Its no coincidence that he is having a great year in his natural position and not as a defender

Remove this Banner Ad

Back