BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Mark Stevens has said we're interested in Brandon Matera:
https://www.mix.com.au/sport/afl/ne...coast-could-land-brandon-matera-for-next-year

Mark Stevens has said there are "some rumours" West Coast is keen on Gold Coast forward Brandon Matera for next season.

Matera, who hails from Western Australia, is out of contract at the end of the season.

Stevo suggested the Eagles might be circling.

"There's some rumours about Brandon Matera," he said.

"Good little player, up on the Gold Coast. Big chance to end up at West Coast.

"I think they're keen next year."

Additionally, during halftime against GWS a couple weeks ago, Brandon's uncle Phil spoke about wanting to see him play for West Coast, seeming pretty certain that he'd come home soon.

Would love to have a Matera at the eagles again, Brandon certainly is talented & his consistency in the last 12-18 months has been much better.

Would certainly be a straight swap for Lecras, him & Willie Rioli would give us some decent smalls to rove under JK/Darling.

I wouldn't want us to break the bank getting him though- he would be nice to have but we have more pressing priorities.

Curious to know what GC would be asking for him?

Be interesting what we would ask for if he decided to leave. While he has been good, it is a position we seem to have depth in with Ainsworth, Ah Chee, Martin.

Don't really need a 2nd rounder this year, already have 3, but perhaps a 2018 2nd rounder or upgrade to a 2018 2nd rounder? Not sure.

Be interesting what we would ask for if he decided to leave. While he has been good, it is a position we seem to have depth in with Ainsworth, Ah Chee, Martin.

Don't really need a 2nd rounder this year, already have 3, but perhaps a 2018 2nd rounder or upgrade to a 2018 2nd rounder? Not sure.

What type of mature player does Gold Coast need?

Tall, medium, small, back, mid or forward?

If May goes a tall back.

Would do a straight swap for Masten but I'm sure that would create some debate.

Schfield plus our 3rd for Matera plus one of Gold Coasts 2nd rounders?

If May goes a tall back.

Schofield surely can't have more value then Matera. Would be more like Schofield and a second for Matera and a third.

Schofield surely can't have more value then Matera. Would be more like Schofield and a second for Matera and a third.

Taller KP's hold more value than small forwards of similar quality.

Matera and Schofield both over 100 games, both in and out of the best 22, just on the fringe, then again Eagles are over stocked with tall KP back men.

There are very few mature 196cm backs who could legitimately be required to take a opposition top level tall forward and break even / hold their own.

There are plenty of small medium forward pockets / half forwards hence they don't carry the value of taller players of similar ilk.

That's my take anyway.

Rated him when he first came onto the scene but geez he's been way too inconsistent.

Could just be a part of playing for Gold Coast though...at a club with a stronger culture and stronger structures he might flourish.

Those are best 22 numbers, so why isn't he consistently playing in the best 22?

He won't get a 2nd round pick. And GC already have enough picks this year.
He's played 10/12 games and only missed the first two. Don't know what you mean by best 22 numbers. I'm not stat picking. He's finally a good player.
You can trade them a future 2nd. Doubt you'd get him for anything less.

He's playing well at the moment. Would have thought 21-30 is his range.

Could also see WC chasing Dean Kent. Out of form and out of the side at the moment. WA boy who's best is very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If May goes a tall back.

Hahahahahahaha Wot. Schofield is worth absolutely nothing.

Not really
Guess again. He's in the Gold Coast's best 22. Would be closer to 20-30

He is not held in high regard by gold coasts new ceo.
GC tried to trade him WCE last year but wce didnt want to trade picks.
GC management will be happy to see him go.

Not really

He is not held in high regard by gold coasts new ceo.
GC tried to trade him WCE last year but wce didnt want to trade picks.
GC management will be happy to see him go.

Is that fact? Or you just making that up..

Matera was nowhere near the player he was last year, right now. I feel Gold Coast will keep him, as he's best is a major part of the team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back