Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Left-footed medium defender/midfielder with powerful kick. Has excellent evasive skills and rarely beaten one-on-one. Played three matches for Vic Metro in the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 15 touches, five tackles and three clearances in three appearances. Recorded 26/30 in the kicking test at the NAB AFL Draft Combine.

From: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-23/meet-brayden-maynard

A left-footer who has a powerful and precise kick, Maynard spent most of his season as a rebounding half-back. It was there that he proved himself a big-bodied brute who can stop his opponent while giving important drive.

He likes to tackle (he averaged six a game through the season) and is ultra-competitive: he attacks the ball and contest with ferocity, and isn't afraid of body contact. He puts everything on the line, and it's easy to see how supporters will warm to him.

Late in the season that toughness was on display as a midfielder, having shifted up the ground for the Dragons in the absence of injured skipper Angus Brayshaw.

Maynard (186cm, 88kg) played the role perfectly, using his speed (he's tested 2.98 seconds over 20 metres), poise and foot skills to make a difference with the ball, and his contested ball-winning ability to rip it out of packs.

In the last two finals for the Dragons he averaged 25 disposals and 11 handball receives, showing a step up in his ability to cover the ground. Across the season for the Dragons he averaged 22 disposals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stoked with this, thought he would go way earlier .
Agreed very happy with this pick. Exactly who I wanted. Competitive animal. Wants to be a winner no matter what the cost. Hard as nails and loves being an enforcer for the team. We have too many nice guys and this kid ain't one for the opposition... Real mongrel in him. Great get.

Left-footed medium defender/midfielder with powerful kick. Has excellent evasive skills and rarely beaten one-on-one. Played three matches for Vic Metro in the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 15 touches, five tackles and three clearances in three appearances. Recorded 26/30 in the kicking test at the NAB AFL Draft Combine.
I haven't heard of him but he sounds like he's a good pick up. Has height and I like his 'evasive skills'.

I'm listening to the SEN draft radio and immediately before his name was called out Callum Twomey stated that Maynard would go next and he did. :p

dont mind this one! bit of size and skill, the half back ability along with his inside work ks a nice mix.

liking these 187cm+ types with skills.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back