Rumour Brayden Sier or Phil Inn

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are the snitches that alerted the media? Imagine being that kind of person, guaranteed they'd be telling everyone as if it was some achievement in life.

Who are the snitches that alerted the media? Imagine being that kind of person, guaranteed they'd be telling everyone as if it was some achievement in life.
probably a guy on the opposition team but could of been anyone in the arena.
Collingwood are a pretty big club...any of their supporters could of recognised him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Bucks and everything, but his "young bloke... made a blue... the kid feels terrible... won a lot of respect with how he's copped his punishment on the chin" explanations are pretty poor and could arguably be part of the reason why this sort of stuff keeps happening with Collingwood. The kid Stephenson hasn't put a foot wrong since he was suspended for gambling on games he was playing in apparently. Oh good, that makes it OK then.

A NAB league club would say it's unacceptable from a bottom age player. These things are so far from honest blunders/lapses of judgment for a senior AFL player that it's hard to know precisely where to begin.

Did someone snitch? Or did people just post about it and share with friends on social media? Or perhaps even just tell thief friends which ultimately ended with someone telling someone in the media?

You seriously wouldn’t tell a soul if you saw an ‘injured’ afl player playing basketball in an organised game?

Was it Bartel or Ling who played cricket with a broken hand? I don’t think any punishment happened there, but granted it was in the off season

It's Collingwood heartland. It would be hard to think of an area in metropolitan Melbourne that is more parochial to one AFL team than the outer northeastern suburbs are to the Pies.

It seems that the team playing against him recognised who he was (along with the ridiculous pseudonym - which would obviously be grounds for forfeiting the game, if they wanted to go down that path) and asked him what he was doing there, but ultimately didn't take it any further. Bit precious/sour grapes, maybe, if they did try to do that, but would have been within their rights.

Apparently it popped up on Collingwood's social media and snowballed from there. One could suspect it was the opposition team, but it could have been any Collingwood supporter in the stadium, or who heard second or third hand and was (justifiably) furious that this was how seriously a senior player was taking his rehab when a top four spot is still on the line.

It's Sier to blame and possibly his 'scaly' teammates to think that he'd ever get away with a stunt like this in the social media age, in Greensborough of all places. I wouldn't be able to pick him out of a police lineup, personally, but given the audience, he may as well have gone out for his pre game shoot around in his Collingwood warm up top. What a bunch of morons.

Last edited:
Did someone snitch? Or did people just post about it and share with friends on social media? Or perhaps even just tell thief friends which ultimately ended with someone telling someone in the media?

You seriously wouldn’t tell a soul if you saw an ‘injured’ afl player playing basketball in an organised game?
Probably tell my mates but wouldn't be posting on social media in order to get some likes.

Probably tell my mates but wouldn't be posting on social media in order to get some likes.

You're making some pretty big assumptions there. If I had a game of basketball last week and noticed that Gary Rohan or Nakia Cockatoo were in the other team, I'd be filthy as a Geelong supporter.

I'm not sure that I'd tell the club directly, but I wouldn't feel under any obligation to keep that under wraps to any Geelong supporting friends, or just friends in general who are keen enough observers to know who those players are and that they are currently missing games through injury. London to a brick someone would put it on Geelong's social media page from there. Wouldn't be my fault and it wouldn't be the fault of the person who spilt the beans. It would be the fault of the player who is treating their rehab from injury as a joke and then lying about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back