M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Played the only 12 games of his career in 2018 and averaged 20 disposals, 21 years of age, 90kg and 190cm, really liked the look of him in the games I watched.

I'd like the Lions to have a chat to his manager, he could be a bargain if he can't get a regular spot in the Collingwood side this year, would be ironic if Dayne Beams going to the Magpies forces him out of their midfield rotation and he ends up at the Lions as an unforeseen side benefit of that trade.

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Played the only 12 games of his career in 2018 and averaged 20 disposals, 21 years of age, 90kg and 190cm, really liked the look of him in the games I watched.

I'd like the Lions to have a chat to his manager, he could be a bargain if he can't get a regular spot in the Collingwood side this year, would be ironic if Dayne Beams going to the Magpies forces him out of their midfield rotation and he ends up at the Lions as an unforeseen side benefit of that trade.
He’d be a good get for any team, his year last year was very promising. He’s not in our team because of our midfield, but imo it’s because of his training and off field standards. Still young and has a lot to learn. I think we’ll see him back in the seniors soon enough.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
He is a real quality player but his professionalism is very average (not that it bothers me, a list of 40 goody two shoes is fairly boring), hence why he's not in the side for round one. If October comes and his signature isn't ours, I'm an unhappy camper.

Watch this video or even just the first couple of minutes and you get why us Magpie supporters froth this kid so much. Right from debut, he fit in and impacted immediately.

Warhorse

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Big strong and surprisingly agile. They have a real player on their hands and would be crazy to let him go. Took the risk taking him early in the draft as well I believe

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings

Averaged 19.50 disposals, 4 clearances, 4.58 tackles, 4.25 inside 50s and 4.58 score involvements in just 63.83% gametime as well.

Stretch those numbers out to 85% gametime, and he's up to 25.96 disposals, 5.33 clearances, 6.10 tackles, 5.66 inside 50s, and 6.10 score involvements, which projects him as a Josh Kennedy-type big bodied mid.

The question is his effort and commitment on the training track and off the field, and whether he'll develop the fitness and consistency of effort to play big midfield minutes at AFL level. It's his 4th year on an AFL list now, so he's coming to that age where he's aware of what's required, and needs to just do it and start establishing himself as a regular.

Dec 18, 2005
Barstow, Cal14nia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
GAVROI MOUNIA... GAMW TON PIRAEA
Bulldogs and Carlton were very into him before Collingwood swooped on him in the draft.

He had issues adapting to an AFL lifestyle (and still does to an extent), but is a decent player.

Would suit Essendons midfield after they missed out on Setterfield.

Parker400

Senior List
Mar 19, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Paul roos made a good point. most teams have a 6 or 7 midfield core so you need to bring something else to the table. Until he develops a tank or kicks some goals he may struggle.

In saying that I can see the swans making a play for him.

HavUEvaSeenTheRain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Perfect sized midfielder for the Suns and would play 22 games for us easily. But I can't see him leaving the Pies set up.
Seems like a perfect type for you guys expect if there are question marks about his commitment than probably not the guy you should chase just yet.
He would be a perfect target for someone like Sydney imo.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I'd be more than interested. Right now his market value would be very reasonable, 2nd rounder from 2015 draft? Only played a dozen games, and club probably isn't the easiest to get a game in his position. Wouldn't command much at the trade table, but that value rises with a big year. He's uncontracted at the moment so he's gettable, and might be on the fringe of their midfield where he might be guaranteed games elsewhere.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Very worried he is on the outer and may look elsewhere at seasons end. He is rated highly internally, emergency last week and then not in the squad at all this week after it was reported on the AFL sure he had a strong game in the VFL

Further to that we struggled on the inside on the weekend and that’s what he offers. He wins the ball and releases the other mids. It hurts the balance of the team him not playing

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
It is blatantly obvious if he goes to another club he will be a 28 touches 15 contested 8 clearance a game type of player... Other clubs will obviously do their thing about not rating him blah blah blah and what we have will be another Jarrod Witts situation.. Where anyone who has even just briefly watched the games will realise that Witts/Sier has gone/will go for far below what they deserve

cakewalk06

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd be more than interested. Right now his market value would be very reasonable, 2nd rounder from 2015 draft? Only played a dozen games, and club probably isn't the easiest to get a game in his position. Wouldn't command much at the trade table, but that value rises with a big year. He's uncontracted at the moment so he's gettable, and might be on the fringe of their midfield where he might be guaranteed games elsewhere.

I don't think there's a chance in hell he will be traded (he would be our most highly rated young player internally) but just out of interest i wonder why you think his market value would be reasonable?

In think it would be a first rounder for sure.

Spent much of his first few years injured and when he finally got fit he came and was outstanding in a finals series. He was one of the reasons the Pies got as close as they did last year. As soon as his fitness is right, he will be back in the side. A bull of a player.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don't think there's a chance in hell he will be traded (he would be our most highly rated young player internally) but just out of interest i wonder why you think his market value would be reasonable?

Spent much of his first few years injured and when he finally got fit he came and was outstanding in a finals series. He was one of the reasons the Pies got as close as they did last year. As soon as his fitness is right, he will be back in the side. A bull of a player.
No one is giving a first rounder for someone currently not best 22. I really rate him but if he only plays a handful of afl games and spends the majority of the season in the vfl how can you expect a first rounder?

cakewalk06

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
No one is giving a first rounder for someone currently not best 22. I really rate him but if he only plays a handful of afl games and spends the majority of the season in the vfl how can you expect a first rounder?

Who says he is not best 22? I believe he is not only best 22 but in the top dozen on our list and as soon as he gets his fitness back where it should be he will be back in the middle of the G. So I don't think he will be playing a handful of AFL games and the rest in the VFL. If that happens then of course it will change things, but i think you will find he will return to the seniors pretty smartly. Just an opinion.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Who says he is not best 22? I believe he is not only best 22 but in the top dozen on our list and as soon as he gets his fitness back where it should be he will be back in the middle of the G. So I don't think he will be playing a handful of AFL games and the rest in the VFL. If that happens then of course it will change things, but i think you will find he will return to the seniors pretty smartly. Just an opinion.
So do I. But as of today his value is not a first rounder. If he cements his place in your 22 he won’t want to leave anyway..

Stifler's mom

Premium Platinum
Jan 29, 2007
Glen Iris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
liverpool - Walk On!

He thinks his market value would be reasonable because he has no clue.

Basically every team would want him. And offer him overs to get him.
He is worth anything from a mid teens pick to a early 20's, unless something dramatic happens.

As soon as he pulls his finger out he will be straight back in the ones.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.

He is worth anything from a mid teens pick to a early 20's, unless something dramatic happens.

With Sier and Taylor Adams to come back into the side who do you see as the 2 to go out? James Aish? + ?

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

Depend how many games he play for Collingwood this season . If he play 10- 15 AFL games he is worth mid teen , if not can drop down to third round pick .

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets

Hes played a dozen games from the 2015 draft as a second rounder and people have questioned his professionalism.
Hes also in the VFL right now. As I said a big year increased that value but at the moment it's very reasonable. A first rounder for that? Please. You're kidding yourselves as most clubs do about their own players. It would be a second rounder at best. Possibly some token pick swaps later. And if hes uncontacted and requests a trade that would get it done.

Back