Recommitted Brayden Sier [re-signed]

He's not at early Dusty levels yet but I'm more pi**ed at the smoking, just not good enough at this level

You should wish he was, Dusty atleast took football and his preparation seriously

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
You should wish he was, Dusty atleast took football and his preparation seriously
Honestly I'd be pretty pissed if I was a fan. He's lied to his club, so he knows he's doing the wrong thing, did it anyway. Effectively this is against the advice or approval of his clubs medical staff, so effectively his bush league basketball scoring 6 points is more valuable to him than his chances of playing AFL footy this week and breaking into a side on the cusp of finals and a flag push?

Unbelievably stupid and amateur. Preparation is what makes the player at AFL level. This guy doesn't give a damn. It's not the first time his professional ethic has been questioned.

Honestly I'd be pretty pi**ed if I was a fan. He's lied to his club, so he knows he's doing the wrong thing, did it anyway. Effectively this is against the advice or approval of his clubs medical staff, so effectively his bush league basketball scoring 6 points is more valuable to him than his chances of playing AFL footy this week and breaking into a side on the cusp of finals and a flag push?

Unbelievably stupid and amateur. Preparation is what makes the player at AFL level. This guy doesn't give a damn. It's not the first time his professional ethic has been questioned.
Probably why he is staying, no one else would tolerate his crap and probably only offered a 4th rounder given his issues.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sounds like a north melbourne type get, like marley will be desperate for a 2nd chance and will thrive at his new club. By the same token, should also get Bennell, we have track record of getting rejected players back into career best form.

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Sounds like a north melbourne type get, like marley will be desperate for a 2nd chance and will thrive at his new club. By the same token, should also get Bennell, we have track record of getting rejected players back into career best form.

Marley made dumb mistakes whereas Siers actions seem to be more in line with a bloke who just isn’t that keen on playing AFL footy

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Marley made dumb mistakes whereas Siers actions seem to be more in line with a bloke who just isn’t that keen on playing AFL footy

Well good teachers motivate students, good coaches get the best out of players, if you only take the player for what they can do right now with no vision for the future you fail. Put sier in position ps where he will flourish and that might mean at a different club.

Was all set to be announced according to the papers and then the Phill Inn thing happened. Probably delayed an announcement for the sake of some clear air, assuming it was signed before that news broke.

He and the club have agreed to a 2 year deal. He doesn’t need a second chance, at least not yet.

Hmmm, seems to be the 190cm 3rd tall type, exactly what we need to replace thompson, 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder x 2.
Lol, why are you even commenting on a player you clearly know nothing about?

BuildEmUp

All Australian
Jul 14, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hmmm, seems to be the 190cm 3rd tall type, exactly what we need to replace thompson, 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder x 2.

scratchy09

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd ideally want to let Sier go for a future 2nd or 3rd round pick. I genuinely think he has loads of potential but a fresh start could be the best thing for him.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
I'd ideally want to let Sier go for a future 2nd or 3rd round pick. I genuinely think he has loads of potential but a fresh start could be the best thing for him.
He'd be good for the Swans and this might be one of those situations where going interstate away from his friends and distractions (ie Basketball) might do him some good.

scratchy09

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
He'd be good for the Swans and this might be one of those situations where going interstate away from his friends and distractions (ie Basketball) might do him some good.

I really love his potential but at this point, I don't think he will reach it with us. Hope he can find that with a change of scenery however, even if it means the deal looks poor in hindsight.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
So pies fans whats happening with Sier ? Its been nearly a month since the last post and no news
Has he signed a new contract ? Is he trade bait ? or will he be delisted ? whats his current value if he was to be traded ?

Back