Recommitted Brayden Sier [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne were massively into him in Sier’s draft year and would’ve taken him if Collingwood didn’t beat them to it.

I’d suspect Melbourne will ask the question as they have a (relatively unsuccessful) history of securing players they were interested in but missed out on drafting when they become available (e.g. Ben Kennedy, Pat McNamara).

Demons also in love with one paced plodders in the midfield.
Sier would actually be the quickest midfielder we have over 25 metres, its his tank thats the issue, not his speed.

Yeah I did like the look of him when he played. Have to wonder about his commitment though as he’s clearly more talented than Wills who seems the preferred option in that role atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like he is bit on the outer of Collingwood as can't get a Game of Wills he is better then and Been Playing well in Scratch Matches.

Reckon he be on the Trade Block at Seasons End

Some Carlton fan who claims to know his sister stated that he is keen to get to Sydney as the Swans have shown strong interest.

I heard that Rumor but I take it as just that until I hear something Official

I heard that Rumor but I take it as just that until I hear something Official

He could be the sort of player who just needs a change of scenery to reach his potential as sometimes players fall out of favour by coaches for whatever reason that has nothing to do with their skill. Clarkson did not rate Kennedy that highly and Longmire did not rate Mitchell that highly either as Longmire took forever to bring Mitchell into the team and when he did bring Mitchell in Longmire basically just played him as a tagger.

There is a chance that for whatever reason Sier has just fallen out of favour with Buckley and really can no longer progress and improve at Collingwood as a result.

Last edited:
He could be the sort of player who just needs a change of scenery to reach his potential as sometimes players fall out of favour by coaches for whatever reason that has nothing to do with their skill. Clarkson did not rate Kennedy that highly and Longmire did not rate Mitchell that highly either as Longmire took forever to bring Mitchell into the team and when he did bring Mitchell in Longmire basically just played him as a tagger.

There is a chance that for whatever reason Sier has just fallen out of favour with Buckley and really can no longer progress and improve at Collingwood as a result.

The Culture there probably be good for Sier as there some talk he lack some Professionalism and the Cutlure at Swans do a world of good for that

It’s a shame for the Pies because they reached for him draft night and have put a lot of work into him, clearly he has it in him.

Sydney or whoever picks him up will get a steal.

Would be a player I'd like to see us target, would provide good inside support to our fairly young list, and JPK isn't getting any younger.

Have heard we are into him, but not sure if thats just a story that "sounds plausible" so someone has run with it, or its actually got some legs.

I know Melbourne were into him draft year however I suspect Melbourne have seen the light and have realised you can have no more than 25 one paced, mediocre skilled inside mids on your list at any one time.

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a (list management) problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back