Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Sier in Phuket?

Now there's a happy play on words, or some such...

FFS TG he's 19 (bottom-ager in his draft year) and had his fair share of injuries - we also knew when he came in that he didn't have the preparation that the elite football pathways give a draftee fitness-wise. I'm not saying that he'll be a patch on Swanny, but we all know how we all thought he too should be given the arse early on when he was fat and lazy (despite his pedigree).

I'm backing the kid in to have a good year this year if he can stay on the park (that will be equal parts on him with his prep / recovery and the off-field team with management of his workloads to get him where he needs to be) and be pressing hard for selection in 2019 as a 21 year old inside midfield bull.

It's no excuse really. He has be on the list for 2 years now and hasn't looked close to getting a game. The most damning thing is for Bucks to admit that his recent change of attitude has meant that they will give him one more year.
He shouldn't be 'pressing hard for selection in 2019'. He should have been pressing hard for selection in 2017. If he isn't playing and showing something in 2018, he will be gone.

For those talking about the late bloomers such as Kennedy, well for every Kennedy there are hundreds who are list cloggers.

It's no excuse really. He has be on the list for 2 years now and hasn't looked close to getting a game. The most damning thing is for Bucks to admit that his recent change of attitude has meant that they will give him one more year.
He shouldn't be 'pressing hard for selection in 2019'. He should have been pressing hard for selection in 2017. If he isn't playing and showing something in 2018, he will be gone.

For those talking about the late bloomers such as Kennedy, well for every Kennedy there are hundreds who are list cloggers.

Of course injuries, age and background are an excuse. And two years is not a long time in the scheme of things.

Everybody agrees he needs to show something his year, be that senior games or just excellent VFL form.

Daniel Farmer says hi.

Farmer was picked up as a 20/21 year old in the rookie draft.

Sier was picked up as a 17 year old as an (effectively) second round pick.

If you can't understand the difference between a 17 year old's frame and a 21 year old, and the concept of getting a bottom age player who you think has scope for potential, there's not much hope for you and you should probably hand in your avatar.

Farmer was picked up as a 20/21 year old in the rookie draft.

Sier was picked up as a 17 year old as an (effectively) second round pick.

If you can't understand the difference between a 17 year old's frame and a 21 year old, and the concept of getting a bottom age player who you think has scope for potential, there's not much hope for you and you should probably hand in your avatar.
Wrong. Farmer was drafted in the same year as Fasolo and dropped to being a rookie after 1 year.

130+ pages for kid that has not played yet, god we must be bored

Its just that Sier is one of those unopened presents that Hyne used to refer to. We are frustrated at his injury-interrupted progress, and discussing him on here is therapeutic, and helps us to work through our group anxiety.:(

Either that, or you are right, we're bored.

Nice try at trolling Old Spice.

He was responding to your troll post.

Interestingly I googled Daniel Farmer and the BF "welcome to Collingwood thread" came up....with a three year troll bump courtesy of yourself.

Dont be such a hypocrite.

Now, remind me again....what has Farmer got to do with the topic at hand

He was responding to your troll post.

Interestingly I googled Daniel Farmer and the BF "welcome to Collingwood thread" came up....with a three year troll bump courtesy of yourself

Dont be such a hypocrite.

Now, remind me again....what has Farmer got to do with the topic at hand
Two wrongs don’t make a right. He’s wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like Sier?

To you every player - excepting ones that we don't have or have no prospect of owning - are duds. I fondly recall you bagging Dawes in one thread when we had him, only to sing his praises in another thread once we got rid of him. Don't go changing TG.

Its just that Sier is one of those unopened presents that Hyne used to refer to. We are frustrated at his injury-interrupted progress, and discussing him on here is therapeutic, and helps us to work through our group anxiety.:(

Either that, or you are right, we're bored.
When they came to Sunshine Coast to train, got to watch sier, looked good for what he did do. With that impression thought he could be the player we lack in the midfield. Still hoping, but he needs a big year.

Farmer had one year on the senior list one year! Why? He was only 18 and we did that to him.

Still struggling to see your point. Dropping players to the rookie list is a well established practice at lots of clubs.

Farmer didnt make the grade. It happens.

You really need to brush up on your writing skills. Heres three key words

Introduction
Argument
Conclusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back