Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Sier, the kid really could be anything, for a second game player and someone that we knew was a pretty rough diamond he is ticking boxes. As he adjusts to the speed of the game and can absorb the pressure better, I have high hopes for this kid.

There is a level of arrogance I like in his game. (not personally)

Last edited:

What was Siers time on ground? Was it lowish?

Played about 60% of the 1st 3 quarters, ended up at 66% so played a lot more in the last.

Thought he was quieter yesterday than the week before but still impacted when it mattered. More than happy to see him continue getting games. There's a lot to like with the kid.

More generally, not sure why people are down on Daicos. He wasn't a match winner by any stretch but I got the impression he was tasked with minding Saad for extensive periods and kept him to 14 disposals and <300m gained. Essendon win and he's more likely to be >20 possessions and >400m gained. Thought it was one of Daicos's better games.

Last edited:
Played about 60% of the 1st 3 quarters, ended up at 66% so played a lot more in the last.

Thought he was quieter yesterday than the week before but still impacted when it mattered. More than happy to see him continue getting games. There's a lot to like with the kid.

Not sure why people are down on Daicos. He wasn't a match winner by any stretch but I got the impression he was tasked with minding Saad for extensive periods and kept him to 14 disposals and <300m gained. Essendon win and he's more likely to be >20 possessions and >400m gained. Thought it was one of Daicos's better games.
Agree.
Daicos was fine yesterday

Sier seems to have fit in nicely. The pace of the game is no issue for him and some of his handballing out of congestion was sublime.

Credit to Hine and co. The wait has been well worth it.
Glad someone said it, Hine took a chance, whilst there is still some way left it is starting to show, he has something and the rest of us can now see what Hine & Co saw back then and is starting to become clearer to the rest of us.

There will be a breakout performance somewhere in the future and I don't think it is 20 games away but sometime this season.

Happy to keep persisting with Sier, but he'll need to improve his tank substantially. There's not a lot banging down the door for a midfield spot, and having him in there allows De Goey to play forward more.

I'm not sure the tank is the issue, atm he is spectating play a lot when he could impact the contest (and not due to taking a breather), he is also sometimes just running 3/4 pace instead of putting on his jets (which he has).

He has the tools and talent jut needs the belief and consistant application.

Gotta say, I was frustrated that he was played ahead of Wills.

Not so frustrated any more.

He's got a long, long way to go, but some of the things I saw yesterday — the presence and vision in congestion — reminded me of Josh Kennedy from Sydney.

Build a tank, work on his already-big body, improve his kicking and we've got a player.

Not going to hurt getting to play with Pendles for the next few years either.

I'm not sure the tank is the issue, atm he is spectating play a lot when he could impact the contest (and not due to taking a breather), he is also sometimes just running 3/4 pace instead of putting on his jets (which he has).

Spot on.
It appears, (to me anyway) that he's sometimes in awe of his teammates or doesn't want to make a mistake and gives it off earlier than he needs to, (certainly in his first game).
I'd play him for the rest of the season.
His awareness is magnificent and long kicking a delight to watch.
Jordy is the other one that has that combination.

Yep, this. Come a long way already this season (compared to last) but if he can become more involved more regularly, and improve his defensive running, he could be anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad someone said it, Hine took a chance, whilst there is still some way left it is starting to show, he has something and the rest of us can now see what Hine & Co saw back then and is starting to become clearer to the rest of us.

There will be a breakout performance somewhere in the future and I don't think it is 20 games away but sometime this season.
Would love to see it in the Grannie

When the games on the line, and it's your turn to go, you go! And Sier went BANG! Two forward 50 entries resulting into two goals!
MjvEUgf.gif

dWF8qtl.gif

Just try and bring a mid of his size to the ground! Go on do your best and try to #hugthebear

Z4piyGS.gif

And kicks to space (as per instruction)

I likes

I am DESPERATE to see Elliot play with Sier's fast entries. He'll kick a bag every week.

Any chance you could make a gif of that no look Sier handball on the near side wing (I think it was in the last quarter) that set off a chain of 3 or 4 running handballs?

OudVEsc.gif

This one? This is the only Sier handball .gif I made. If this isn't it I'll go looking for it!

Might have been but I think I recall it going inboard - I'll record the next replay and see if I can find it.

Spot on.
It appears, (to me anyway) that he's sometimes in awe of his teammates or doesn't want to make a mistake and gives it off earlier than he needs to, (certainly in his first game).
I'd play him for the rest of the season.
His awareness is magnificent and long kicking a delight to watch.
Jordy is the other one that has that combination.

You guys are just watching him too closely, watch Adams or Pendlebury only and it is the same, they can't be in and win every contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back