Player Watch Brayden Sier

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leviathan Pie

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nah, that suggests he’s a seasoned veteran. He’s a very talented young player with nearly all the tools, but he’s got stacks of development left and that isn’t going to come to fruition if he’s on ice until September. He needs to get right, and relatively quickly, to leave a serious stamp on 2019.
Exactly right.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Actually there was a second rate Carlton rover by the name of Ted Hopkins who was thrown to the wolves by Barassi in the '70 GF and played the game of his career.

It can happen . . .

Only against Collingwood . . . rollseyes.gif

Saintly Viewed

Richard Condon
AFL Club
Collingwood
Actually there was a second rate Carlton rover by the name of Ted Hopkins who was thrown to the wolves by Barassi in the '70 GF and played the game of his career.

It can happen . . .

Only against Collingwood . . . rollseyes.gif
Funny thing about Hopkins.

Only ever played one more game after that GF.
Round 1 the next season then retired to peruse other interests.

What’s forgotten was in the second semi final Collingwood v Carlton he was sent on as well and kicked 2.2.
A precursor as it were.
Only ever kicked 10 goals in his career.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Funny thing about Hopkins.

Only ever played one more game after that GF.
Round 1 the next season then retired to peruse other interests.

What’s forgotten was in the second semi final Collingwood v Carlton he was sent on as well and kicked 2.2.
A precursor as it were.
Only ever kicked 10 goals in his career.
Yep that sort of sh!t happens all the time to us.

Vicky Park

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know Sier didnt kill it in the VFL today but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets called up to the seniors this week, especially if Beams doesn't make it (and in Adam's ongoing absence). Sier adds a point of difference to how we play, a different dimension to the midfield structure. Bringing him in would change us up in a way that none of the other senior players, languishing in the VFL, can do. Think he plays better at senior level too. Will wait for this week's team selection with interest.

Saintly Viewed

Richard Condon
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know Sier didnt kill it in the VFL today but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets called up to the seniors this week, especially if Beams doesn't make it (and in Adam's ongoing absence). Sier adds a point of difference to how we play, a different dimension to the midfield structure. Bringing him in would change us up in a way that none of the other senior players, languishing in the VFL, can do. Think he plays better at senior level too. Will wait for this week's team selection with interest.
He was quite good overall.

Yes he could return, even this week.

Example, on which scale is Sier not a better option than say Wills?

We know for certain a healthy Beams returns, that’s locked in.

Suspect that Mayne misses for concussion. So that’s a simple Beams swap.

Thomas with his leg issue might also miss.

Cox should be back in so there’s that.

Aish returning?

Be very very very interesting at selection this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quicky

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
On the weekend we had Thomas, Brown and Phillips all end up at the centre bounce on at least one occassion. Sier would have been better.

Quicky

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
We brought in two slow players to play against the Blues (dumb, but we got away with it)....the Saints are playing fast footy as well. Please bring in some speed.
The players with speed in the VFL are Varcoe, Quaynor, Sier and Wells.

TradeDraft

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would not either. We brought in WHE without any VFL Games and Sier be no worse then Wills

Top Bottom