Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another interrupted pre season for sier

Now will need a few weeks in VFL where he will probably get injured .

Losing faith sier makes it now

Has the ability to distribute ball while at the coal face under pressure, it won't take long for Sier's opportunity!

He really needs to take every opportunity from now on, or he will just another talent player, what could have been, if only.

328 pages for Brayden Sier - way more than any other player - is it...

- his unfulfiilled cult status?
- his haircut?
- support to achieve the fame he is due?
- his basketball mates?
- Derek Hine hoping his pick (32) will work out?
- something else?

Please advise :)

efa

Last edited:

- his haircut?
- his basketball mates?
- something else?

efa

Some weird love for Sier that outstrips his achievements.

But I get that. We are fans after all. I'm just not so sanguine as others.

where there’s a wills there’s a way for Sier....

- his haircut?
- his basketball mates?
- something else?

efa
I read this as something else...

From a distance....think his best footy is ok - not sure he gives a rat's about the whole thing
I think that’s too harsh a judgment.

hes just a relaxed kind of guy.

the issue might be more, it (footy) is not the all intents and purposes of his life.
From what I’m told, he has a good training attitude, likes Keeping fit, likes playing.
Just might not be everything to him.

but as long as he’s being professional, gets opportunity, hell play ok, I’d think.

Id suggest he’s a better player than Wills, but currently seems behind him.
competition should keep both players honest.

I think that’s too harsh a judgment.
hes just a relaxed kind of guy.
the issue might be more, it (footy) is not the all intents and purposes of his life.
From what I’m told, he has a good training attitude, likes Keeping fit, likes playing.
Just might not be everything to him.
but as long as he’s being professional, gets opportunity, hell play ok, I’d think.
Id suggest he’s a better player than Wills, but currently seems behind him.
competition should keep both players honest.
fair enough, possibly a bit harsh - but AFL today is absolutely gut bustingly competitive - if you don't want to destroy your opponents, they will destroy you

fair enough, possibly a bit harsh - but AFL today is absolutely gut bustingly competitive - if you don't want to destroy your opponents, they will destroy you
And he might find himself out the door too if opportunity not forthcomin.

big challenge ahead for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And he might find himself out the door too if opportunity not forthcomin.

big challenge ahead for him.
I think his past issues with discipline will ensure he will have to work his arse off and bide his time for his opportunity, he won’t be slotted back in until he proves his mettle.
He’s got the goods but has he got the will and character?

I’ve just left a lecture from a leading expert in concussion injuries, and I’ll say this much; prepare for players to start sitting out for longer after sustaining a concussion.

A recent paper came out which challenges the “7-10 days” convention we’ve adopted, stating that 50% of athletes are not recovered by 2 weeks. There’s every chance that before long, players who sustain a concussion routinely miss a month of footy.

I’ve just left a lecture from a leading expert in concussion injuries, and I’ll say this much; prepare for players to start sitting out for longer after sustaining a concussion.

A recent paper came out which challenges the “7-10 days” convention we’ve adopted, stating that 50% of athletes are not recovered by 2 weeks. There’s every chance that before long, players who sustain a concussion routinely miss a month of footy.
Spot on.

This is a hot button issue.

Mow that there is implications of future payouts, responsibility to sports bodies etc there will be tighter guidelines.

That, and player welfare.

i recall might even be 20 + years ago, Leigh Matthews saying, the head will be sacrosanct.
He was so right; the head will be and is now the most protected part in our game.

Hopefully we see Sier back early doors after some solid VFL form, as I agree with the above comments that he is an upgrade on Wills in that side

The spot is definitely Rupert's to lose currently, though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back