Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder whether the club should sit down with him at the end of the season and say whether he is in the best 22 or not going forward. Once pendles comes back he will lose his spot (if he plays this week), I think like Rantall and Brown would be even ahead of Sier at this point long term. Then we'll have Reef who is more in the mould of Paddy Cripps with his big bodied, loves a contest and can go and kick goals. Lets not even talk about next years draft lol

I just wonder.. he did sign a 2 year contract thinking he would be best 22, its been over a year since he has played

I wonder whether the club should sit down with him at the end of the season and say whether he is in the best 22 or not going forward. Once pendles comes back he will lose his spot (if he plays this week), I think like Rantall and Brown would be even ahead of Sier at this point long term. Then we'll have Reef who is more in the mould of Paddy Cripps with his big bodied, loves a contest and can go and kick goals. Lets not even talk about next years draft lol

I just wonder.. he did sign a 2 year contract thinking he would be best 22, its been over a year since he has played
If he plays well enough he won’t lose his spot when pendles returns.

Will be an interesting one come season end, I agree if we trade there isn't going to be much value there unless a few teams show some interest.

Hopefully he can just force his way in to show his wares at some point first..

That could very well be true H, but it is still up to Sier to work his arse off on the track and to keep asking the coaches for support and feedback.

Life gives all of us bosses that aren't perfectly matched to our quirks.
Every boss I ever had ultimately failed to understand my quirks. You almost begin to wonder if it's you not them, but knowing yourself as well as you do, inevitably you realise it has to be them.

But I thought Sier looked promising in that 8 minute video last week. Certainly he was doing a lot of standing and not so much moving about, but at least he had the ball in his hands and was doing something with it.It was enough to convince me he is currently best 22.

I know you're referring to wills. But long term? I don't just know, as I think there are other players that will be better than Sier.
Probably. In fact, provided his endurance is up to scratch I wouldn’t be against Reef taking Wills’ place in round 1 next year. Or him and Jordy rotating through mid fwd since it seems he’s very capable in attack too.

I think i've had enough of trashing Wills and doing some similar work on Sier. The Irishman is loaded and ready to go and I'm licking my lips at the thought of dismembering his game after tomorrow's match. He'll be ready to go home to County Cork...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In terms of year end. The unlikely ideal would be, Langdon and Howe fit. Crisp into the midfield. Midfielders - 2 on the ground out of Adams, a rejuvenated Sier, Crisp, with chopouts from Elliott. Plus one of Treloar, Pendles, Sidebottom - the other two on the wings.

Maynard showed a lot more in there then Crisp has when both given the opportunity.

Maynard showed a lot more in there then Crisp has when both given the opportunity.
I didn't see the games a couple of years ago when Bruzzy did well playing mid. I'd be more than happy to see him have some stints in there.

Longer term, I think Quaynor looks like a mid to me.

I didn't see the games a couple of years ago when Bruzzy did well playing mid. I'd be more than happy to see him have some stints in there.

Agree on IQ, I can picture him already bursting away from stoppages....

Yeah Quaynors a beauty. Hopefully he doesnt get pigeon holed off hbf like Bruzzy has.

Once upon a time your mids did a hbf apprenticeship before going into the midfield. Aka Swanny, Dangerfield, Buckley amoung others all spent time there.

Do you think we'll trade Sier this off season? I'm surprised we put him on a multi year contract. I wonder if there'd be any interest?
These days trading players who contacted is probably better in terms of value than non contacted. May not always work, but you should get higher value for them. For players that have talent like Sier

Every boss I ever had ultimately failed to understand my quirks. You almost begin to wonder if it's you not them, but knowing yourself as well as you do, inevitably you realise it has to be them.
But I thought Sier looked promising in that 8 minute video last week. Certainly he was doing a lot of standing and not so much moving about, but at least he had the ball in his hands and was doing something with it.It was enough to convince me he is currently best 22.
I've had a number of bosses who weren't up to my standard :) - plus a mother-in-law or 2 as well ................ oops there I go again - note to self - let go!!!!!

These days trading players who contacted is probably better in terms of value than non contacted. May not always work, but you should get higher value for them. For players that have talent like Sier
That's the theory that you often hear, but I'm not sure that it works out that way in reality. Not at the top end anyway.

That's the theory that you often hear, but I'm not sure that it works out that way in reality. Not at the top end anyway.
That’s why l said may not always work. If enough teams are interested we could get a slightly better pick than we think. But it’s us so probably be a no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back