Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mention of Sier whatsoever in our injury report.

I reckon he was dragged. Suspect that might be the end for the Bear at Collingwood. He’s much more talented and impactful that Cal Brown and Chris Mayne but Buckley clearly has his favourites and Sier is on the outer.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Maybe gastro is not considered an injury...

No mention of Sier whatsoever in our injury report.

I reckon he was dragged. Suspect that might be the end for the Bear at Collingwood. He’s much more talented and impactful that Cal Brown and Chris Mayne but Buckley clearly has his favourites and Sier is on the outer.

What? He played an excellent game the week before and it can only be assumed that he was out of sorts last week. He can't just be dragged and substituted without good medical reason. If that was the end for the bear then it may well be the end of lot's of things, including our season. Why would the club give up on him for one poor half of football?

What? He played an excellent game the week before and it can only be assumed that he was out of sorts last week. He can't just be dragged and substituted without good medical reason. If that was the end for the bear then it may well be the end of lot's of things, including our season. Why would the club give up on him for one poor half of football?
Would be such an indictment of the club

At his best, Sier really adds something. I want you to be right but have a bad feeling that Bucks thinks he’s too unreliable and has put a line through his name.

The reality with Adams out is that we are desperately short of big-bodied inside ball winners/distributors, which really should make Sier a lock in the team. So the non-selection of him, if it happens, will be quite telling, IMO.

I thought the injury sub came on for Adams? I must have been asleep. Or it happened during one of the times when I was covering my face to ‘unsee’ what was going on.
Actually I would prefer if the substitution was for Adams not Sier because it means Sier will be available for selection.

Regarding the development of CFC's list and players like Sier. If you make a decision years end based on giving young players opportunity, unlike the fickle bigfooty environment, you stick by those decisions and adsorb short term loses for long term gains.

Sier is a midfielder that has just turned 23 in Buckleys team. There are no opportunities if unfit, not engaged and lazy. Bucks has seen something and is trying to develop that talent. It's hilarious the knockers on BF.

Anyway , I would be surprised if he doesn't line up this week end, the team fell apart when he left last week end.

I thought the injury sub came on for Adams? I must have been asleep. Or it happened during one of the times when I was covering my face to ‘unsee’ what was going on.

Think Sier was subbed out at half time. Tay went down pretty late in the third? But at that point I couldn’t consider myself a reliable witness.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep. I've been there too many times. You feel fine. A bit of flatulence, then one that makes you rush to the toilet. It comes out and you sit there and begin to shiver and that goes off and on for about 6 hours and then it's usually clear, except you feel weak for a day.
What sort of explosivity do you usually experience?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This bloke is in trouble.
In his presser just now, Bucks made it clear that Sier got the gastro before the game and tried (ultimately failing) to push through it without telling the coaches, who weren't aware until after the game started.

Sounds like it was his alter ego, Phil Inn, who had the gastro. You know, the ‘other’ Sier...

In his presser just now, Bucks made it clear that Sier got the gastro before the game and tried (ultimately failing) to push through it without telling the coaches, who weren't aware until after the game started.

Yep, the coaches would be angry that he concealed it from them and weakened the team as a result. While I love the best of what Sier brings to the team, he really is a bit of a screw-up and the coaches would find it very hard to place their trust in him.

Admire that he wanted to play, but he's definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed. Him flagging it and pulling out of the game would've allowed us to actually use the medical sub for an injury, rather than an illness, and have a 4-man bench.

Frustrating

What sort of explosivity do you usually experience?
In Sier's case, it would appear to have all the hallmarks of exterme explosivivity, the right liqudiity and texture, capable of spray painting the walls, but it would all be an illusion and would just sort of dribble out.

In Sier's case, it would appear to have all the hallmarks of exterme explosivivity, the right liqudiity and texture, capable of spray painting the walls, but it would all be an illusion and would just sort of dribble out.

Such vivid imagery!

I fear you may be right. The rumours of vindaloo napalm cluster bombs are over the top.

Admire that he wanted to play, but he's definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed. Him flagging it and pulling out of the game would've allowed us to actually use the medical sub for an injury, rather than an illness, and have a 4-man bench.

Frustrating
Probably not, the VFL was a morning game meaning everyone bar the injury sub would have played. If he pulled out then Greenwood goes in then we have nobody as the injury sun unless we use the sick Sier

Thoughts Timmy from Thomastown where should I be pointing that finger now?...

FWIW I stand by this as a teachable moment rather than Sier being a * up for it.

There's nothing to admire, he f’ed us over with mind blowing stupidity.

Imagine a player tears his hammy in the warmup but doesn't tell the coaches then in the 1st quarter it starts hurting and he says "yo coach u gotta sub me off i cant play anymore, i was trying to push thru an injury i didnt tell u about soz bro"

Bucks will be rightfully furious, as would his teammates be. Might just be the straw that broke the camels back after the poor professionalism, smoking, turning up unfit, "Phil Inn" now hiding illnesses from the coach plus probably more we dont know about

Didn't Dane Swan confess to this

The thing is there is every likelihood that with only Greenwood available as the 23rd man they told him to push and that they would sub him out if he couldn’t have an impact but seeings that would be a miss use of the medical sub they aren’t going to come out and say that

The thing is there is every likelihood that with only Greenwood available as the 23rd man they told him to push and that they would sub him out if he couldn’t have an impact but seeings that would be a miss use of the medical sub they aren’t going to come out and say that

Greenwood came on and had 6 uncontested possessions and 5 clangers.... Should have told the Bear to s**t his pants and sit in the forward 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back