Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, I was walking through the Ivanhoe shopping strip the other day and noticed the company of solicitors there is called Adams Maguire Sier. Good omen I hope.
Taylor, Eddie and Braydens little side project.

Brayden has been very good for us in his first handful of AFL games but I sense he is still 'feeling' his way a little.

One look at his physique and physicality tells you he is made for finals football.

If he has that breakout game in the next 3 LOOK OUT!

For once and for all, is it ‘Sier’ as in ‘Seer’ or ‘Sire’?

I thought the former, but TV commentators are calling him ‘Sire’. I’m waiting to see them genuflect in front of him.
S I R E pronounced as such.

Everything you ever needed to know about how Brayden Sier plays football in 15 minutes or less. Grab a cuppa.

You're a legend, Duck. I enjoyed your clip with a rather generous glass of wine. Maybe I'm sentimentally attached to my own proposed title ('Ready. Aim. SIER!'), but your work is an otherwise perfect way to take the edge off the day.

There's a lot to like about Sier, and his comfort on his left boot was a standout to me.

His handballing skills are ridiculous. He lasers them out fast and probably needs to slow it down a bit as sometimes the player he's trying to link up with can't receive the ball that quickly and it spills out. I'm sure the other midfielders will adjust to him though once they get familiar with him.

The other really impressive thing I like about him is his closing speed. The boy has some serious power in those legs. He's built like Swan but accelerates like Stephenson. Kicks well on both feet and most importantly gets the ball forward at all costs. There are times where he does need to lower his vision but he's still young. For now I'm happy watching him launch rockets deep into the forward 50 and give players like Cox, De Goey, and Mihocek the chance at genuine one-on-one contests.

I just hope we size him up for a new jumper soon, every ball up he has to pull his jumper down because we only have small medium and large jumpers, nothing marked B for Bear. He looks very uncomfortable at times with his current jumper and judging at the size of shorts he wears he probably wants one with a bit of a looser fit. Get on it Eddie...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great video Duck Toaster.
Love the way Sier has clean hands, excellent vision, timing and trajectory on his handball.
Really impressed with his strong tackling technique, pinning one arm and spinning. You can tell he is powerful in the upper body.
Moves similar to Swans star J.Kennedy. Similar physique also.

I'm excited to see the bear in action in September.

He's gonna have to copyright some of those exquisite 'hospital handpasses' by the end of his career, absolutely superb.

Excellent awareness in traffic, very technically proficient in the basic skills of kicking tackling and of course handpassing. A joy to watch!

Awesome Vid DT, geez he's a one touch player eh?
We've got a second "beast" following on in Grundy's wake now.

See ball, get ball, crush anything that stands in your way!
And De Goey
And Maynard

Beasts of other teams burden

Everything you ever needed to know about how Brayden Sier plays football in 15 minutes or less. Grab a cuppa.

Love it

:)

His vision, his disposal, his strength.
Terrific for such a new player.

That's why he is an absolute keeper.

I'm very very confident that Sier, Stephenson, Murphy all new this year are long terms beauties for us.

#hugthebear

+ Grundy and TayTay.
Yes grundy was mentioned in the post I Replied to

I missed Tay. My bad.

Gee we have some tough hombres :)

ps Dunn is no shrinking violet either
pps then there's Greenwood another wonderful nasty hard as nails type

(Wills is up against it to but if he can get there to senior footy then there's another beast.)

Yes grundy was mentioned in the post I Replied to

I missed Tay. My bad.

Gee we have some tough hombres :)

ps Dunn is no shrinking violet either
pps then there's Greenwood another wonderful nasty hard as nails type

(Wills is up against it to but if he can get there to senior footy then there's another beast.)
Oops my bad on Grundog, as for Greenwood - he's as hard as a cat's head.
Time to make the opposition hear footsteps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back