Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
That Muay Thai camp is gonna have him rock-hard again going into the pre-season, which is super exciting when you think of how much he can build on last year. Has the makings of an absolute beast in the middle, like a giant Pleistocene bear come back to terrorize oppositions.

I think it's already had that effect on SV.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think it's already had that effect on SV.
Amen.

284DC224-2E56-4E06-8D55-55C5E00A18A5.jpeg

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Few things I want to comment on :

1) Glad Sier finally decided to become professional about his footy.

2) Glad the club let him train overseas even though he was expected back on Monday.

3) From his Instagram posts, he seems to be enjoying doing the training.

4) 2019 Brownlow medalist.

How many games would the AFL suspend him for if he rocked up to game day in a hat, a collar, a tie, and nothing else.

That would get him in all manner of strife :$

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
How many games would the AFL suspend him for if he rocked up to game day in a hat, a collar, a tie, and nothing else.
Depends on the ratings.....

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Been really cold rainy stormy weather lately in Melbourne.

Bear weather.

(Always upside to things:))

Our little bear is growing up - a big focus article all about himself!

How a trip to Thailand has 'Bear' primed for a midfield assault - http://afl.com.au/news/2018-12-02/how-a-trip-to-thailand-has-bear-primed-for-a-midfield-assault

They asked him if Beams' return made him apprehensive about his spot in the team:

'It'll be bloody tough for other midfields. I'd be more worried if I was in the opposition team rather than me trying to keep my spot'.

Very well said, young man.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

kallangur pie

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think last season showed that he must be 1 of our starting mids,he has the power and the physique to take them all on and he will be massive part of our midfield going forward.Possibly by the end of next season he will be 1 of our best and most important players once he gets his game time up he will be very hard to contain,happy days indeed.

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
I’m almost as confident at Sier becoming elite as i was with Brodie Grundy.

Siers strengths are undeniable, almost reminds me alittle of Chris Judd, if he starts using that elite pace to breakaway from the packs. People compare Sier to Josh Kennedy, which is a decent comparison, but once Sier starts using that pace the comparisons will shift elsewhere!
Love the Bear and think he will be a star but have not seen any Judd-like breakaway pace. Hope you are right. I see him in the Mitchell, Kennedy style of ball winner, with great vision and hands. Can see him as a regular goal kicker too. Just strikes me as,a real players' player. Ball magnet who,couwld finish high up
In a Brownlow down the track.
This makes me happy cakewalk06. From the latest Sier article.

"I was in a good space late last season so I want to build on that and add a few strings to my bow, like becoming more explosive and confident running away from stoppages."

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Unless he’s diet only consists of donuts then his spot will be pretty safe next year.

partypie

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers
I think last season showed that he must be 1 of our starting mids,he has the power and the physique to take them all on and he will be massive part of our midfield going forward.Possibly by the end of next season he will be 1 of our best and most important players once he gets his game time up he will be very hard to contain,happy days indeed.

Needs to build up his tank over the next couple of years for that to happen - still only good for shorter bursts in the middle after the initial heat has gone out of the game a bit at the moment (although I'd expect some improvement on that this year) and his movement and positioning off the ball needs a bit of work too.

Sier’s progress next season will depend apon if he has gone to the level of fitness required to play 80 plus percentage a game of playing time, if he has then we will start to see him dominate some games of footy.
Out of all our playing group, he is to me the one that could take us to the next level as a team.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I also like this retort from him when told that he reminded Gary Lyon of Josh Kennedy: "I try to learn tricks of the trade from all the gun players and make them my own. Hopefully one day they'll say someone plays like Brayden Sier," he said.
And one day this will happen.
People are learning who he is; don’t you worry the opposition clubs know who he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back