Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to build up his tank over the next couple of years for that to happen - still only good for shorter bursts in the middle after the initial heat has gone out of the game a bit at the moment (although I'd expect some improvement on that this year) and his movement and positioning off the ball needs a bit of work too.
A bit of constructive criticism helps counterbalance the unbridled adulation displayed by many posters. Sier is a welcome surprise of a player - I never expected him to play AFL, so my expectations of him were minimal, and easily met by the winning form, skills and physique he displayed in his 12 games.

I have viewed his 14 minute 2018 highlights video at least 5 times, probably more, and experienced semi-orgasmic pleasure at his looping handballs to running players, his slickly flicked handballs under pressure that open up a running offensive, or a kick into a forward expertly tailored to the strengths of that player. I was devastated at the thought he might miss the grand final through injury. I cannot get enough of Sier.

But of course you are right about tanks and heat and that sort of thing, though I think he is a better reader and positioner than you allow for here. 2019 will be the Year of the Bear.

A bit of constructive criticism helps counterbalance the unbridled adulation displayed by many posters. Sier is a welcome surprise of a player - I never expected him to play AFL, so my expectations of him were minimal, and easily met by the winning form, skills and physique he displayed in his 12 games.

I have viewed his 14 minute 2018 highlights video at least 5 times, probably more, and experienced semi-orgasmic pleasure at his looping handballs to running players, his slickly flicked handballs under pressure that open up a running offensive, or a kick into a forward expertly tailored to the strengths of that player. I was devastated at the thought he might miss the grand final through injury. I cannot get enough of Sier.

But of course you are right about tanks and heat and that sort of thing, though I think he is a better reader and positioner than you allow for here. 2019 will be the Year of the Bear.

After reading his latest interview on AFL site , I have no doubt he will have a huge 2019 , will be the one to get under the oppositions guard. They will be focussed on the likes of Adams, Treloar, Pendles , Sidey and Beamer.

Im really hanging to see his burst of speed enter the game, as highlighted his tank wasn't the best. But im sure once that is up to scratch he will start to show his speed to break away from contests when needed

Mukesh never expressed any sense of hope let alone confidence, just an 'if .... then' scenario.
He was quoting my post that was talking about confidence in the midfield for the future and he added the name Daicos to those of Stephenson and Degoey, thus I spoke about confidence regarding Daicos.

And I have a sneaking suspicion that if J Daicos is to make a name for himself it will have to be as a mid...
And Mrs Browns boys ....

Mids?

And Mrs Browns boys ....

Mids?

I confess to serious reservations and doubts about the elder Brown. Just can't figure out where he would fit given who else should be available. I think JoshD has him covered for skill and smarts and it seems to me they would be competing head to head for a spot. The younger Brown ? Should be planning on a great year playing HBF or Wing in the VFL with a view to cracking a spot in the 'ones' when some of older guys get further over the hill...

I confess to serious reservations and doubts about the elder Brown. Just can't figure out where he would fit given who else should be available. I think JoshD has him covered for skill and smarts and it seems to me they would be competing head to head for a spot. The younger Brown ? Should be planning on a great year playing HBF or Wing in the VFL with a view to cracking a spot in the 'ones' when some of older guys get further over the hill...

I really like some of Callum Brown's work in close, particularly his handballing. I think the problem for him is that he is a genuine in and under type player but has few if any other strings to his bow which seriously hampers his ability to play multiple roles in a stacked midfield. I'd say he is behind Adams for a starting midfield position and due to his one dimensional game loses the backup spot to Thomas who can play predominantly forward. I think long term at Collingwood he'll be Adam's understudy. Based on some of the glimpses I saw this year he has the potential to be much better than that but may have to go elsewhere to get senior opportunities.

As for Sier I really liked what I saw this year. He's strong, has some pace and uses the ball well. Watching some of his games this year I was left thinking if he can get the ball more often he'll be a real weapon. Hopefully his fitness goes up a level this year and he can spend more time on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ezgif-2-6873201b30d3.gif

Browsing through some of the season’s games, and this handball is just another reason to get excited by the Bear. Look at that! If the boundary line was 2cm wider, that handpass wins us the game. Excitement!

ezgif-2-6873201b30d3.gif

Browsing through some of the season’s games, and this handball is just another reason to get excited by the Bear. Look at that! If the boundary line was 2cm wider, that handpass wins us the game. Excitement!
Not Wayne harmes was it.

Harmes had to pay admittance to get back into the ground he was that wide.

Last edited:
ezgif-2-6873201b30d3.gif

Great! I also love his lightning fast handball to Sidebottom at the 12.24 mark in this clip

Okay, so I promised myself I wouldn't do this but it's a pretty slow news period. I have a source who tells me Sier has a three year contract from us in front of him.
Snare the bear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back