Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bear is happy

71185C2F-9513-4660-874C-7F7E516104DE.jpeg

For 2019 i got hopes of 23-24 disposals a game and added ability to burst from the stoppage.

Imagine once him and De Goey are in the midfield.

For 2019 i got hopes of 23-24 disposals a game and added ability to burst from the stoppage.

Imagine once him and De Goey are in the midfield.
Yep, be very sweet

Not sure if this has been mentioned previously, but the Bear was carrying a “minor niggle”.

A few have speculated that he might have copped a knock in the game against the Dees.

A few have speculated that he might have copped a knock in the game against the Dees.
A knock and he'll be ok. A Collingwood knock is only a couple of weeks. Worryingly though, it's been referred to as a niggle,in which case he'll be looking at 4-6 weeks. Thankfully, no one has referred to it as a nick. So we should see him this year.

We can all see that Sier could be anything, an absolute champion, win a Brownlow? I certainly don't rule it out. However, his challenges are his atittude, discipline, will power and just plain willingness to knucle down and do the work necessary on and off the track to be in the best shape and get the best out of himself -that is the biggest question mark over him and the toughest test he faces at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing to have both Sier and Adams missing for rd 1. It will weaken us around the ball

Well we hope we don't get caught out losing the Clerances that would give the Cats the Upper Hand with the 6-6-6 Rule

Well let's all think a minute

Boys not aerobic ally fit enough after last season a time on ground

I believe like most clubs we have a weightless treadmill

Also have a altitude room

HES BUILDING HIS TANK

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2019-03-15/de-goey-will-be-good-to-go-pendles

With places in Collingwood's midfield at a premium following the acquisition of Dayne Beams, inside ball-winner Brayden Sier has a bit of work to do to break into the team.

Sier, who featured in the Magpies' Grand Final team, played in last week's VFL practice match instead of being picked to take on the Blues.

"With Brayden it's similar to what happened last year, we've got a really deep midfield and with him he's still a chance for round one," Pendlebury said.

"He doesn't have a niggle so he's got to keep working, find out his best footy and how he can help the team and go from there."

That sounds like football speak for Sier needs to live smarter off field and get back to working harder on it.

Given his rapid rise last season on the back of a professional approach to his football it's surprising and disappointing if he has fallen back into some bad habits of old.

Personally I had him penciled in as a certain member of the 22 for round 1 when the preseason commenced.

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2019-03-15/de-goey-will-be-good-to-go-pendles

That sounds like football speak for Sier needs to live smarter off field and get back to working harder on it.

Given his rapid rise last season on the back of a professional approach to his football it's surprising and disappointing if he has fallen back into some bad habits of old.

Personally I had him penciled in as a certain member of the 22 for round 1 when the preseason commenced.
Hmmm.
It does unfortunately.

I have been one of the 🐻s biggest supporters.

But I would imagine that it is pretty simple, players are being judged on their attitude and application over pre-season. And if senior guys like Beams, Mayne and Greenwood are setting the standard they are correctly being given a place.

And if other younger fringe types like Aish, Brownx2, Daicos and Crocker have been doing everything asked of them they too deserve games.

We have a deep list, competition for spots is a great thing. A few VFL games for the 🐻 early in the season isn’t the end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back