Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Sier didnt kill it in the VFL today but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets called up to the seniors this week, especially if Beams doesn't make it (and in Adam's ongoing absence). Sier adds a point of difference to how we play, a different dimension to the midfield structure. Bringing him in would change us up in a way that none of the other senior players, languishing in the VFL, can do. Think he plays better at senior level too. Will wait for this week's team selection with interest.

I would not either. We brought in WHE without any VFL Games and Sier be no worse then Wills

I know Sier didnt kill it in the VFL today but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets called up to the seniors this week, especially if Beams doesn't make it (and in Adam's ongoing absence). Sier adds a point of difference to how we play, a different dimension to the midfield structure. Bringing him in would change us up in a way that none of the other senior players, languishing in the VFL, can do. Think he plays better at senior level too. Will wait for this week's team selection with interest.

Agree with that, but I suspect he may change us in a way that the Senior coaches aren't particularly keen on - eg. improve clearance at the cost of transition. If I was Sier, I'd be a bit worried that when the coaches realised that Wills wasn't able to do the defensive job on Cripps, they didn't then try him as a ball hunting clearance player, they just ushered him out of the midfield altogether. I think the coaches value transition input over defensive input over clearances.

Agree with that, but I suspect he may change us in a way that the Senior coaches aren't particularly keen on - eg. improve clearance at the cost of transition. If I was Sier, I'd be a bit worried that when the coaches realised that Wills wasn't able to do the defensive job on Cripps, they didn't then try him as a ball hunting clearance player, they just ushered him out of the midfield altogether. I think the coaches value transition input over defensive input over clearances.
I’d almost just pull the trigger and play him (meaning Wills doesn’t get a reprieve and doesn’t play another game) but the internal coaches would know where he stands full fitness wise.

I feel a bit for Wills. He comes in to seniors after a long time and gets to run with Cripps. It’s not like Cripps is an average player. A bit like some rag doll playing on De Goey, they aren’t going to win often are they?

He was quite good overall.

Yes he could return, even this week.

Example, on which scale is Sier not a better option than say Wills?

We know for certain a healthy Beams returns, that’s locked in.

Suspect that Mayne misses for concussion. So that’s a simple Beams swap.

Thomas with his leg issue might also miss.

Cox should be back in so there’s that.

Aish returning?

Be very very very interesting at selection this week.

Always appreciate getting your completely unbiased assessments on Sier.

Always appreciate getting your completely unbiased assessments on Sier.

Unbiased?
You might have missed the memo, but I’m the MOST biased when it comes to Sier :eek: :p :thumbsu:
Love my bear.

:bearface:

Quality post. First and last sentences bang on, I reckon.

However, Sier is the best talent we've unearthed outside the first round since Beams. We'll find a spot for him. And I think with a bit of time he can bring his transition work up to scratch, and we can maintain dominance in that area while improving our clearance work, particularly at the bounce, which is more important than ever now with 6-6-6.

Or, we could trade him for unders and head back to the draft - we have a history there (Witts).

However, Sier is the best talent we've unearthed outside the first round since Beams. We'll find a spot for him. And I think with a bit of time he can bring his transition work up to scratch, and we can maintain dominance in that area while improving our clearance work, particularly at the bounce, which is more important than ever now with 6-6-6.

I'm bullish on him too. (We've really named our brutish mids badly. I'm bullish on the bear and bearish on the bull.)

He may never be the type or have the endurance to get back deep and offer run from behind the ball in transition like our others do, but he will become better in terms of spreading from the contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We brought in two slow players to play against the Blues (dumb, but we got away with it)....the Saints are playing fast footy as well. Please bring in some speed.
I'm with you but I'm not sure we have the pace to bring in. Varcoe out of form and not much else with real pace.

Saintly says it’s time.

This has been a massive problem all year. Rubbish at clearances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^Anyone else noted the amount of times Grundy hits toward the boundary at throw ins and we seem to have no-one there boundary-side to rove the tap out.

No. No more talk. We go in. Unleash bear. Unleash beaaaaar. Losers wait!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back