Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think Jamie Elliott would be thrilled at the possibility of jumping at some of the long bombs Sier drives in to the forward fifty arc. Can really thump them.

23 touches 9 tackles some absolute ripper handballs that forced breaks. Good first game back in.

I’d like Sier , Adams , Pendles/Treloar in centre bounces
Adams is our grail.

I imagine the club saw that as a last chance for Wills to make an impression, and they gave him a pretty decent go with those three games in a row. He is now a 26 year old, and obviously not one of the youngsters, so it would be surprising if we saw him again at that level (for us, at least).
Agree. Hard to see a spot for Wills now that Sier is in and still Adams to come back. Probably a few clubs where Wills will find a spot. The ones that are after Sier but they can't get him, he is ours.

Agree. Hard to see a spot for Wills now that Sier is in and still Adams to come back. Probably a few clubs where Wills will find a spot. The ones that are after Sier but they can't get him, he is ours.
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Wills will get a go anywhere else.

He's an excellent kid, very hard body exactly what we need. So good to have a coal miner smashing hard balls out to our champagne outside crew. Obviously Beams and Adams are better mids overall but Sier is our best hard ball getter and he's my first choice on our list for that role. When he held that spot last year we clicked as a side in a way we've only done a few times since he went back to the reserves.

The strong kicking and dynamite handballs are such a bonus, looks to be growing into a very handy player.

Nail polish on one hand, certainly is his own man

He seemed to be involved in quite a bit of pushing and shoving off the ball (Harmes, then Oliver), so I wonder if the nail polish attracted some animosity as well as admiration.

I think the colour suits his complexion, and complements the jumper.

He seemed to be involved in quite a bit of pushing and shoving off the ball (Harmes, then Oliver), so I wonder if the nail polish attracted some animosity as well as admiration.

I think the colour suits his complexion, and complements the jumper.

Clayton Oliver should be pushed and shoved on a weekly basis for subjecting us to that horrifying face of his. My kids couldn't watch the game yesterday for fear of nightmares.

Clayton Oliver should be pushed and shoved on a weekly basis for subjecting us to that horrifying face of his. My kids couldn't watch the game yesterday for fear of nightmares.

I think it was a mainstay of medieval village life in England, or maybe I'm making it up, where the grotesque amongst the community would be ritually isolated and pelted with verbal abuse and rotten vegetables.

Anyway, the idea has a bit going for it.

I guess we'll never know, but I just wonder if Wills hadn't got himself injured again (at training, apparently), would he have been given another shot at it this week, or would they have finally brought Sier back no matter what?! The timing for Rupert was not good, that's for sure, and he's probably nearly out of time now.
My guess after the VFL v Port and Sier’s game, that Rupert would not be ahead of Brayden.
I think they know Brayden lives on a different plane, and Rupert is a medium talent at best. Unfortunately for him, he just lacks that extra bit in his play to command a spot regularly.

That’s my take.

His football smarts are just so polished which really stands out for mine. His awareness to make the right release handball at the right moment to create a forward surge is sublime and he chooses the right decision consistently. His kicking inside 50 I think goes underrated, simply because he just does the right thing by our forward line, which is full of pacey marking types. He kicks it to the space inside the 50 where there aren't 3-4 defenders ready to punch it away, and lets Stephenson and Hoskin-Elliot etc to get on the end of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, but by the end of last season he had shown enough to be an 'automatic selection' in the team, as long as he was 'near enough to ready' to play. Terrific talent! Wills getting 3 games (while Sier was available for most/all of them?) never added up!
There's such a thing as needing match fitness though.

If i was a Carlton or Essendon i would be offering a 4yr deal for $500k pa. Offer us a first round draft pick (10-15ish). They wont find a better player in the draft outside the top 10
And if I was Collingwood

I’d be very polite but with a big fat No!

If i was a Carlton or Essendon i would be offering a 4yr deal for $500k pa. Offer us a first round draft pick (10-15ish). They wont find a better player in the draft outside the top 10
Carlton have given up pick 1 for Stocker lol. i'd be demanding pick 1 and future pick 1.

Huge game from Sier first up. Was pretty much the only mid that looked capable of winning a clearance. He is really strong in the contest and gets his arms free. Even at times when he didn't win possession, his big frame ensured the contest was nullified or spilled out. Treloar's goal for example started off with Sier just bullying his way through a contest, whih got the ball to spill out to Phillips and we were away. No disposal, but very effective from Sier.

I think he is crucial going forward given how bad we have been in clearance work.

Played great against Melbourne in the guts

The rest of our mids were that little bit extra free to pressure their opponents and a little more focused with transitioning the ball back to forward and more dangerous to have a shot at goal

The balance is better - Sier and Adams as our primary stoppages performers / Treloar & Phillips the run and carry / Pendles and Sideboard linking with their great ball use

Game-high 4 tackles in the first quarter, 5 possessions and what should have been a goal assist had Stepho brought his kicking boots today.

And I got my 50+ meter chiseler to the advantage of a forward. Life is good.

Other have said this, but he's a better selection than Beams. His bullocking work frees up Sidey to slaughter the opposition.

I think people need to appreciate how good Beams could be freed from the inside mid aspect, players like Sier and Adams feeding him the footy.

Im concerned how we will keep them under the salary cap. Potential team:

B Sier Grundy Sier
HB Sier Grundy Sier
C Sier Pendlebury De Goey
HF De Goey Grundy De Goey
F De Goey Grundy De Goey
R Grundy Sier De Goey

Tough gig to fit in 4 bench players

You've omitted 2x Buckley's and there's a kid named Daicos coming through the underage programs at the moment who apparently might go okay.

That’s why he hasn’t played yet, if our injuries weren’t stacking up he probably would’ve had another 2wks of VFL. At the end of last year he was playing 70%. That needs to get up to 80%. When he gets a proper engine he could be Cripps like

Bit of chicken & egg stuff. I think his TOG is being managed because of his lack of impact beyond the stoppages. Was nice to see him work into defense yesterday as an outlet option. Needs to do more of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back