Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sier had 2 Center clearances on Monday. Equal team high with Grundy.

7 inside 50’s. Highest for the Pies.

He’s impressive.

Also highest contested possession count for the Pies. Pretty good outing for the Bear.

Is this board gonna go ahead and jinx Wilson just like we did The Big Show?? :(
No! He can’t be jinxed. Jinxed is afraid of Wilson.

More like, Wilson will jinx this board (if he wishes it so)

Looks that way. Don't forget Kirby. We sure as hell put the mocker on him too.
Kirby was such a great shame.
Looks like he just couldn’t over come the set back with his heart - didn’t help.

Seemed a good guy. Wish him a great life.

Pendlebury when he was coming through and had a stint in the VFL his first year was pretty much exactly the same. Coasted the VFL games while looking significantly better when stepping up to tempo of AFL level.
Rings a bell.
I think he was even wearing 16?
Unless I am just thinking that as his first number in seniors was 16 I’m sure.

He looks far better in 10.

Is this board gonna go ahead and jinx Wilson just like we did The Big Show?? :(
Both of those guys came to the club with known fitness/mental issues. Wilson’s only issue is that he’s an arrogant campaigner, which is actually perfect for a key forward. Sign him up for 10 years thx.

Both of those guys came to the club with known fitness/mental issues. Wilson’s only issue is that he’s an arrogant campaigner, which is actually perfect for a key forward. Sign him up for 10 years thx.
Wilson is the only player allowed in the Sier thread.

I think his selection is entirely dependent on his performance, game day and training.
For some reason he has been overlooked by the selectors in the past. Is this attitude, fitness or ability?
I doubt ability, we know he has that. Attitude and fitness then.
With attitude and fitness under control he is best 10 every week.

Wilson is the only player allowed in the Sier thread.
I should have added, when Wilson wants it, Sier will be out of the Sier thread renamed the Wilson Thread.

Any chance the article can be posted in full? Can’t open due to paywall. Thanks.
You should be able to view at least 4 articles a day on the age website without a paywall. I just opened it up with no issues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pendlebury when he was coming through and had a stint in the VFL his first year was pretty much exactly the same. Coasted the VFL games while looking significantly better when stepping up to tempo of AFL level.
Pendles missed quite a bit of the pre-season with glandular fever and then when he played VFL he racked up very large possession rates pretty much right from the start, effortlessly.

He always looked way better than VFL level.

Pendles missed quite a bit of the pre-season with glandular fever and then when he played VFL he racked up very large possession rates pretty much right from the start, effortlessly.

He always looked way better than VFL level.
Yep and then when he did get into seniors he got low to middling stats in his first season at the club and was dropped a couple of times. It was a good story that compared Sier in terms of VFL to AFL to an all time great, but the comparison is pretty fictional.

Team mates in better positions to receive and capitalise on his inside work.

Also although he needs to improve his outside ball when he does do it he shows capability of becoming a very good all rounder, that 50m laser pass to Stepho in the first Q out of the guts was brilliant dare i say Buckley esque kick.

Couldn’t agree more! IMO, that’s clearly a symptom of having professional footballers around you rather than a mix of semi professionals and professionals at different stages of their careers. Couple that with a potential attitude of needing a challenge, not saying that applies to Sier, and it’s easy to see how AFL athletes can “coast” at a lower level then step up at the higher level.

It is interesting that we’ve seen it from Sier though because it’s more often associated with KPF’s. Has anyone else noticed the sudden uplift in the clubs social media presence directed at Sier since about round 10?

Couldn’t agree more! IMO, that’s clearly a symptom of having professional footballers around you rather than a mix of semi professionals and professionals at different stages of their careers. Couple that with a potential attitude of needing a challenge, not saying that applies to Sier, and it’s easy to see how AFL athletes can “coast” at a lower level then step up at the higher level.

It is interesting that we’ve seen it from Sier though because it’s more often associated with KPF’s. Has anyone else noticed the sudden uplift in the clubs social media presence directed at Sier since about round 10?
Do you think that's some sort of directive from up above at the club or that he just has some fans in our media department?

Do you think that's some sort of directive from up above at the club or that he just has some fans in our media department?

No idea, but the messaging has gone 180 in the past month, IMO. About 6 weeks ago Buckley was basically “Brayden who” if quizzed about him at one of his weekly pressers. Now though he’s appeared in 5 Insta posts in the past 10 days and popped up a couple of times on Insta stories. It’s a big turnaround from forgotten man to it and a bit, that’s all. Sure there was an injury in there, but he only missed 3 VFL matches because of it so it’s not like he was in rehab for 12 weeks...

No idea, but the messaging has gone 180 in the past month, IMO. About 6 weeks ago Buckley was basically “Brayden who” if quizzed about him at one of his weekly pressers. Now though he’s appeared in 5 Insta posts in the past 10 days and popped up a couple of times on Insta stories. It’s a big turnaround from forgotten man to it and a bit, that’s all. Sure there was an injury in there, but he only missed 3 VFL matches because of it so it’s not like he was in rehab for 12 weeks...
If you're hinting at the internal suspension rumour, its a definite possibility. The other possibility is that after 4 consecutive VFL games, he still only played 65 % game time. The minor injuries may have cost him the endurance necessary to justify selection. He may just need a really solid build up. .

If you're hinting at the internal suspension rumour, its a definite possibility. The other possibility is that after 4 consecutive VFL games, he still only played 65 % game time. The minor injuries may have cost him the endurance necessary to justify selection. He may just need a really solid build up. .
It’s all a bit perplexing.

The major reason I discount club suspension is in this day and age, you would find it hard to hide.
Just can’t see the media being quiet about such information.

To me the most logical reasons is niggles, training perhaps not as vigorous all the time (say v Callum Brown who never stops) so missed a JLT game then the smaller niggles....
Also I’m of the belief that the coaches don’t quite have him as automatic selection (maybe now they do) as sme would like to think.

Also interesting was in the hibernation period, at each press conference, media thing, he kept getting asked about Sier and he kept deflecting. Once he even mentioned in passing that he keeps getting all these questions bout Sier....
And the niggles was mentioned.

Hopefully we are now going to see a solidified period of Bear game and he cements his position so all doubt removed.

(Incidentally I’m huge on Sier not worrying about Beams and others in the team; never ever be scared of good players joining; there’s room for all the talent of need be. If it came to it our side can fit into the 22 the usual suspects plus Sier, Wells and ofcourse Beams. More A grade talent welcome.
Injuries now that’s a real killer and shame.)

It's also possible that he did fall off the pace in January after the relationship break-up, then copped some niggles too on top, then just took some time to get up to pace.

Whatever happened, it's clear from all the posting that the club are very keen on him and he's now getting the big tick of encouragement. "Get around him" I guess.

It’s all a bit perplexing.

The major reason I discount club suspension is in this day and age, you would find it hard to hide.
Just can’t see the media being quiet about such information.

To me the most logical reasons is niggles, training perhaps not as vigorous all the time (say v Callum Brown who never stops) so missed a JLT game then the smaller niggles....
Also I’m of the belief that the coaches don’t quite have him as automatic selection (maybe now they do) as sme would like to think.

Also interesting was in the hibernation period, at each press conference, media thing, he kept getting asked about Sier and he kept deflecting. Once he even mentioned in passing that he keeps getting all these questions bout Sier....
And the niggles was mentioned.

Hopefully we are now going to see a solidified period of Bear game and he cements his position so all doubt removed.

(Incidentally I’m huge on Sier not worrying about Beams and others in the team; never ever be scared of good players joining; there’s room for all the talent of need be. If it came to it our side can fit into the 22 the usual suspects plus Sier, Wells and ofcourse Beams. More A grade talent welcome.
Injuries now that’s a real killer and shame.)

Hawks lost a young Josh Kennedy due to not being able to fit him in despite form, I think Beams acquisition 100% played a part along with injuries.

I’m hinting at him being outside of the best 22 not entirely due to injury. I have no idea what the circumstances were and I never really cared. I just want to provide context for anyone wondering whether there was more to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back