Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Saintly Viewed hopefully this news has broken your high jinx once and for all :p

P.S Never mention Schaza again also might help. ;)

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m torn about this. I like the Bear, but at the same time, with the likes of Tyler Brown developing, our 2020 NGA prospect, and Nick Daicos in 2021 coming to us, it kind of feels like Sier could have been expendable for the right deal.

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m torn about this. I like the Bear, but at the same time, with the likes of Tyler Brown developing, our 2020 NGA prospect, and Nick Daicos in 2021 coming to us, it kind of feels like Sier could have been expendable for the right deal.
Hopefully he can actually become the player we think he can be and those guys can develop around him. :thumbsu:

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood

I disagree. We needn't worry about the 2020 prospect (McInnes?) and Daicos just yet. They're a few years off, and will need their own development time anyway. By the time they're ready players like Sidebottom and Beams will be tailing off.

Brown is a different player to Sier. They're both mids of course, but I don't think they'll be asked to play similar roles on game day.

I disagree. We needn't worry about the 2020 prospect (McInnes?) and Daicos just yet. They're a few years off, and will need their own development time anyway. By the time they're ready players like Sidebottom and Beams will be tailing off.

Brown is a different player to Sier. They're both mids of course, but I don't think they'll be asked to play similar roles on game day.
You sure about the difference between Brown and Sier? Both tall mids, and like his brother, Brown supposedly has excellent hands and vision in the contest. I’m not convinced that they’ll end up very different players, although from what I’ve seen Brown has more potential to develop his outside game. I haven’t been able to get to many VFL games this year, so regular watchers can correct me on his game if they feel the need.
I guess I feel like after 3 years on the list Sier should be playing better footy than he showed us this year. As I said, I really like him, and if you check my post history I’ve said he could potentially become our best mid, but at the same time I feel like, well, he’s one we can afford to lose for the right deal.

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

f2e960ba-cf24-4e64-b1af-4c6fb8a6.gif

He needs to be traded to get us back in to the top end of the draft.
He hasn’t done his value any favours this year. We would get a second for him at best right now. Our best bet would have been trying to pry Francis from Essendon for him. Moot now though.

Hope we're not overpaying him. Would rather to have Moore, DeGoey and Grundy signed before him.
I doubt we’d be giving him a significantly large contract.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
You sure about the difference between Brown and Sier? Both tall mids, and like his brother, Brown supposedly has excellent hands and vision in the contest. I’m not convinced that they’ll end up very different players, although from what I’ve seen Brown has more potential to develop his outside game. I haven’t been able to get to many VFL games this year, so regular watchers can correct me on his game if they feel the need.
I guess I feel like after 3 years on the list Sier should be playing better footy than he showed us this year. As I said, I really like him, and if you check my post history I’ve said he could potentially become our best mid, but at the same time I feel like, well, he’s one we can afford to lose for the right deal.

We're likely going to delist Wills this year - I wouldn't have been comfortable with two traditional big-bodied mids going in the one off-season. If Brown continues performing, he'll get a chance. The time's probably run out on him getting a debut this year but all it takes is an assessment from the coaches after a strong pre-season. None of us really saw Cal as a player that "earned" playing nearly every game, particularly at the start of the year, but the coaches clearly saw it as a need. I have little doubt they'll decide to do a similar thing with Tyler, because I know for a fact that he's very highly rated internally.

At the very least - it's a good problem to have.

Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
We're likely going to delist Wills this year - I wouldn't have been comfortable with two traditional big-bodied mids going in the one off-season. If Brown continues performing, he'll get a chance. The time's probably run out on him getting a debut this year but all it takes is an assessment from the coaches after a strong pre-season. None of us really saw Cal as a player that "earned" playing nearly every game, particularly at the start of the year, but the coaches clearly saw it as a need. I have little doubt they'll decide to do a similar thing with Tyler, because I know for a fact that he's very highly rated internally.

At the very least - it's a good problem to have.

Reckon Wills has probably bought himself another year.

2 years seems about fair to both parties. Allows Sier a chance to establish himself in the 22, but at the same time it's short enough if he doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back