Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
At first I was like 🤔 then I saw "Phil Inn" and absolutely ******* lost it 😂😂😂😂

Yeah we need to have a bit of perspective here. This is a bit of a beat-up story because a Collingwood player (reported as injured no less) is involved. It's stupid yeah, but footy players get up to mischief all the time that doesn't hit the media (and not just Pies players). Given the type of off-field crap our players have been involved with recently (betting, cocaine, pissing in public, drink-driving) this rates pretty low. It's stupid but we should see the funny side in it.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Depending on the salary, a 2 year deal is fair.

Will either grow up and become a good 150 game player with the kudos and financial security that comes with that....or continue to be a fool and amount to a wasted talent like so many others before him.

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah we need to have a bit of perspective here. This is a bit of a beat-up story because a Collingwood player (reported as injured no less) is involved. It's stupid yeah, but footy players get up to mischief all the time that doesn't hit the media (and not just Pies players). Given the type of off-field crap our players have been involved with recently (betting, cocaine, pi**ing in public, drink-driving) this rates pretty low. It's stupid but we should see the funny side in it.

The best part is that he'll hopefully get called Phil or Phill on here and around the club until his career is over. This is the best way in which nicknames arise.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah we need to have a bit of perspective here. This is a bit of a beat-up story because a Collingwood player (reported as injured no less) is involved. It's stupid yeah, but footy players get up to mischief all the time that doesn't hit the media (and not just Pies players). Given the type of off-field crap our players have been involved with recently (betting, cocaine, pi**ing in public, drink-driving) this rates pretty low. It's stupid but we should see the funny side in it.

So he could play basketball on the Monday.........but couldn’t help our VFL on the Sunday try and make the finals.

You’re right it’s f kn hilarious.

If true it sums up his professionalism. It’s always been my knock on him, the desire and ability to reach the standard require of an AFL footballer.

Bucket loads of talent but only gets you so far. Here hoping I’m wrong. Which I usually am.

Yep deadset what a ******* idiot.

Needs a big preseason hopefully the club rip shreds off him resulting in him pulling his head in.

Collingwood have the biggest bunch of liars in the comp, the amount of lies that have come from our players in the past 3 years is concerning

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's such a minor issue. He'll get rightfully reprimanded but it's not a ten week league suspension type of issue or a four year ban type of issue.

Having our VFL miss finals is not a minor issue IMO.

Reid/Wells having a “practise game” in the first VFL final is major IMO.

We obviously disagree on the importance on this one.

Why would he get reprimanded if it is so minor? Please don’t answer that.......I am out.

Heightened expectations after last year, underwhelming this season, but the re-signing will give him the time and some confidence to get the best out of himself.

If he can keep his ciggie habit down to half a pack a day then I think he'll be alright. I could smoke a pack each day and run 10km every morning without spluttering up a lung when I was in my early 20s, no reason why the Bear can't exceed my achievements.

The best part is that he'll hopefully get called Phil or Phill on here and around the club until his career is over. This is the best way in which nicknames arise.
Only for close associates. Mr In is preferred (from general public).

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
How much impact does smoking really have? A guy I went to school with was barely into sport or running but would routinely finish top 3 in beep tests despite being a smoker.

Likewise a couple of people I've played footy with over the years have been big smokers, some of which are/were in the top few in fitness... or at least in 2-3km time trials.

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
How much impact does smoking really have? A guy I went to school with was barely into sport or running but would routinely finish top 3 in beep tests despite being a smoker.

Likewise a couple of people I've played footy with over the years have been big smokers, some of which are/were in the top few in fitness... or at least in 2-3km time trials.
In his early 20's it wouldn't be so bad but as he gets in his late 20's it would really effect him, better if he stops now though

Heightened expectations after last year, underwhelming this season, but the re-signing will give him the time and some confidence to get the best out of himself.

If he can keep his ciggie habit down to half a pack a day then I think he'll be alright. I could smoke a pack each day and run 10km every morning without spluttering up a lung when I was in my early 20s, no reason why the Bear can't exceed my achievements.
Peter Moore went ok & he was on the darts during match day!

Hate to add fuel to the fire but he was at a Marcellin College function a week and a bit back and was spotted smoking and hitting the cans pretty heavily. No photos or any of that (I wouldn't post them if I had them anyways) but we were all a bit shocked.

That wouldn't be the first time ...

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Would love to know what Marcellin College function this was. As a person strongly involved in Marcellin College, I can confidently say I’ve never seen Brayden at a function, let alone drinking cans and punching darts. Happy to be proven wrong, but I highly doubt this being true.
Yeah I'm also not aware of such functions that would take place.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood

Why would he get reprimanded if it is so minor? Please don’t answer that.......I am out.
Yeah I think a Bex and a lie down may be in order this time mate.

Collingwood have the biggest bunch of liars in the comp, the amount of lies that have come from our players in the past 3 years is concerning
Now where might the precedent for lying come from?

Thedivided

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lol this will get made out to be something it isn't. In reality can we even trust the club to he honest with injuries these days?. There's every chance he's no longer injured they're just being conservative with him and if that's the case who cares if he played some basketball he's a human not a robot let him have some fun geez. And seriously phill inn he deserves to be let off just for that effort kudos sir that's good stuff.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Doubt our VFL side was making finals anyway, the bye made it nearly impossible given we were points and significant % behind.

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good news as we need that next batch of young midfielders coming through.

It'll become great news if he can get back to the same level of professionalism he discovered last year but has seemingly fallen below this season.

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Clippers, Daniel Ricciardo Racing
It's such a minor issue. He'll get rightfully reprimanded but it's not a ten week league suspension type of issue or a four year ban type of issue.

Is it?
2 weeks left in the season... Club decimated by injury... He's supposedly recuperating a calf injury... It's really not a minor issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back