Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's such a minor issue. He'll get rightfully reprimanded but it's not a ten week league suspension type of issue or a four year ban type of issue.

How is lying to the club and playing sport while injured a minor issue? So because it's not as bad as Stevo or Murray (two MASSIVE morons) its okay?

Rohan25

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
New York Knicks
I dunno. With the amount of people who are still dirty on Dale Thomas for going surfing on a bad ankle, it surprises me how relaxed people seem about this.
He’s out injured, went and played some suburban basketball match, lied to the club about it...but it’s ok because he used a funny fake name?

It’s stupid stuff like this that always ends up costing us. He was a crucial part of our premiership chances this year, absolutely crucial. Yet he has gone backwards.
After he could only average 60% of game time through four finals last year (55% in the GF), if that post about him still smoking is true then I don’t even know what to say. No wonder his endurance has not improved one bit from last year if that’s the case.

At the rate the rest of the competition is improving, if this kid doesn’t wake up and start taking his career seriously then at the end of this brand new two year deal he’s going to find himself on the scrap heap, just another unfulfilled talent wondering where it all went wrong.

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
He may be a bear of very little brain. But I still love him in a non Josh Schache way.

PIEWITHSAUCE

Premiership Player
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
A 2 year extension probably isn't the reality check he needs but he seems keen to decrease his trade value just in case.

Phil Inn should change his name to Phig Jam.

esc0bar

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
IMO Wills is the better out of the two and if Sier doesn't have the attitude or professionalism, it makes for an easy decision at the end of the year. If it does go the way I imagine, I wish Sier all the luck and good fortune playing amateur basketball at DV stadium for the rest of his sporting career.

Can’t imagine the pay’s any good but the weight of expectation will be lifted, which is a fair trade off for most.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
IMO, this one comes down to how much you trust the club. On injuries I don’t trust them at all so I have no issue with a potentially fit player playing some ball midweek. It’s an interesting one for me though because when he was busted playing paintball with the rib injury I was pretty scathing. I think it’s a sign of how ******* over the clubs misdirection I am. I’ve really lost the emotional connection to 2019.

Oh and WTF unplugged surely as a society we’ve come to a point that there’s more than enough information out there about the harmful effects of smoking? All of which have ramifications for professional athletes. I’m not saying for a second it’s true, but don’t you think that smoking could be a contributing factor in his inability to play 70% match time at senior level?

Thefly38

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal , LA Clippers , Seattle SH
IMO, this one comes down to how much you trust the club. On injuries I don’t trust them at all so I have no issue with a potentially fit player playing some ball midweek. It’s an interesting one for me though because when he was busted playing paintball with the rib injury I was pretty scathing. I think it’s a sign of how ******* over the clubs misdirection I am. I’ve really lost the emotional connection to 2019.

Oh and WTF unplugged surely as a society we’ve come to a point that there’s more than enough information out there about the harmful effects of smoking? All of which have ramifications for professional athletes. I’m not saying for a second it’s true, but don’t you think that smoking could be a contributing factor in his inability to play 70% match time at senior level?

Is he still injured or fit now with no game to play this weekend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Relieved we’ve extended Sier's contract, and fought off the (reputed) interest from other clubs. We need to grow our group of talented young mids.

But geez we have drafted some clueless young footballers. Immature, impulsive, indulgent, take your pick. 2019 has been our season for it.

It’s difficult to know what to believe with so much rumour being posted as fact. If he is smoking, that’s his choice, but a poor one to make for a professional athlete.

The issue of playing basketball is only serious if he had indeed lied to the club. If he has lied about it, he should be suspended for that. There is no place for dishonesty any more, particularly given our recent history as a club.

Relieved we’ve extended Sier's contract, and fought off the (reputed) interest from other clubs. We need to grow our group of talented young mids.

But geez we have drafted some clueless young footballers. Immature, impulsive, indulgent, take your pick. 2019 has been our season for it.
You will find that the sense of entitlement is strong in most children these days. It’s partly developmental but seems to be extending well into adulthood.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Is he still injured or fit now with no game to play this weekend

Using “deductive reasoning” my guess is no he’s not injured and he’s been that way for a little while. I think his recent absence is because they’re trying to build him up to a fitness base that will allow him to play to the best of his ability in a finals campaign. It’s for that reason I’m not too fussed about this because it shows the clubs comms for what they are. A great big steaming 💩

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
AE9F240E-783D-47F4-A5DB-921739EFA28E.jpeg

Phil-in the bear!

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep deadset what a ******* idiot.

Needs a big preseason hopefully the club rip shreds off him resulting in him pulling his head in.

Collingwood have the biggest bunch of liars in the comp, the amount of lies that have come from our players in the past 3 years is concerning
Boys club & that IMO creates this type of culture. Need to be RUTHLESS leaving no stone unturned to become the BEST.

If he has lied about it
Good pick up.
Maybe he didn’t tell them and then when confronted owned up to it.
Maybe he got permission, maybe he doesn’t need permission?
The questions I’d like answered are; how much game time ;) and did he get through uninjured?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back