Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Sier was excellent in the first half. Found more space, creative from the inside, did a bit more on the outside too, plus that goal.

He faded a bit and his fitness needs work but he kept pushing through despite being knackered. Hopefully his match fitness improves with games.

Last night needs to be his baseline. I'm glad he wasn't dropped despite there being a fair argument for it.

Showed some good attitude tonight and you get the sense he is starting to believe in himself and that he belongs out there a bit more, really tried to impose himself on the game at times and did some very nice work at the coalface.

Still a work in progress, has to keep building and has to stay injury free, (which has been a problem in the past) but my almost-snuffed-out-flames of hope and expectation for this boy are being fanned back to life.

Surprised there isn't more love for Sier after last night, his first half especially. He actually looked like he wanted to be out there, and it showed. He does fade - the lack of tank thing again? - but great signs.
I have been very critical of Sier, but last night he did show some interest in the game, and even got a little aggressive. If he can continue to do that, it will make a huge difference to this team.

I have been very critical of Sier, but last night he did show some interest in the game, and even got a little aggressive. If he can continue to do that, it will make a huge difference to this team.
I've been very critical of him - thinking he had no game sense at all. But perhaps he just lacks confidence. I think kicking a ripper early had him up and about and attacking the contest consistently in a way I haven't seen him do before. Needs a tank though.

To save time to see if it has already been posted, what was in the Sun article about Pendlebury and Sier? (No a Sun subscriber)

Was there anything in it worth reading or just a beat up?
Yep. Sier not manning up after Pendles screamed at him twice to do so in the last minute of the game. Either not fit, arrogant or dumb.

I don't care how unfit you are. In the last minute of a close game, you can find the energy.
Even if you can't find the energy you hurl yourself at ball and opponent through sheer willpower.

I've done it at pennant level in squash - 2 sets all and the final set tied you just have to 'use the force'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that the truth, or did you read it in the Herald Scum...
Keep playing him. Pendles may have yelled at him, but he would yell at more than 1 player a game .. rumour has it that Pendles is Captain.
Sier will click. And when he does it will be like Vesuvius ..
Great talent and skills but serious fitness issues don't bet on it.

Even if you can't find the energy you hurl yourself at ball and opponent through sheer willpower.

I've done it at pennant level in squash - 2 sets all and the final set tied you just have to 'use the force'.
I'm a distance runner, also played footy at a reasonably high suburban level and also played 2 seasons of squash when I was in my late teens.
Even now at 51, I've never been as physically exhausted in a sport as I have at the end of a hard game of squash.

I'm a distance runner, also played footy at a reasonably high suburban level and also played 2 seasons of squash when I was in my late teens.
Even now at 51, I've never been as physically exhausted in a sport as I have at the end of a hard game of squash.
Squash is so intense because the court is so small and if you aren't flat out for every second of the match you'll lose.

It's just relentless.

That goal Sier kicked, off just a step or two, showed that he has quite a cannon. Needs to kick it more often but good signs.

For the next stage of his evolution, Sier needs to get his handball/kick and 1st-half/2nd-half possession ratios closer to 50:50. If he can do that, he’ll become a really impactful core player.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That goal Sier kicked, off just a step or two, showed that he has quite a cannon. Needs to kick it more often but good signs.

For the next stage of his evolution, Sier needs to get his handball/kick and 1st-half/2nd-half possession ratios closer to 50:50. If he can do that, he’ll become a really impactful core player.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Fitness is the key and application and dedication are the key to fitness.

Is there a possibility that Sier may not have heard Pendles? The crowd would've been at high volume at that point in the game.
Or maybe he just didn't understand what Pendles was saying? Ie he was a bit slow on the uptake.
There may be other explanations besides wilfully ignoring the captain.

Is there a possibility that Sier may not have heard Pendles? The crowd would've been at high volume at that point in the game.
Or maybe he just didn't understand what Pendles was saying? Ie he was a bit slow on the uptake.
There may be other explanations besides wilfully ignoring the captain.
I'm through making excuses for him, he needs to grow up and commit fully to his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back