Recommitted Brayden Sier [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

We sold Nathan Freeman for pick 30 and he didn't play any games and had a massive injury cloud.

Thing with Sier is he didn't play champs or even TAC cup iirc, if he did play TAC cup then it was only a couple of games at most, he wasn't on many recruiters radar.

From wiki.

Sier is from Melbourne and played for Marcellin College and Northern Football Leagueclub Banyule.[2] He also played two games for the Northern Knights in the TAC Cup before he was drafted by Collingwood with pick 32 in the 2015 national draft, their first selection. Sier's drafting was described as a surprise due to his inexperience. He played only 18 Victorian Football League games over two seasons because of a string of injuries – a broken wrist, a severe concussion, a back injury which ended his 2016 season, and injuries to his hamstring, eye socket and foot.
You were dealing with St. Kilda and was a pick 10 for reference.

Sier's dozen games out of 80-odd, no matter how much quality there was in there, with injury issues alluded in your post and the known preofessionalism issue severely detracts from his worth. He'll be a player I have little doubt but on exposed AFL form he is not.

You were dealing with St. Kilda and was a pick 10 for reference.

Sier's dozen games out of 80-odd, no matter how much quality there was in there, with injury issues alluded in your post and the known professionalism issue severely detracts from his worth. He'll be a player I have little doubt but on exposed AFL form he is not.

Agree personally i do like Sier as a player 'When' he plays and is on, He has a bit to work on with the defensive side of his game but should improve this if he wants to have a 200 game career otherwise will be another suburban champion. Does he want it enough to put in the hard yards

Similar concerns were the cause of Sydney Stack slipping and had to be confronted with home truths to get a gig and made the most of it 'So far"

I wouldnt mind him at Richmond but wouldnt be giving up a pick better than pick #20 but happy to chance our 2nd rounder

Am I supposed to say then his stocks go up?

Because he's a classic risk/reward player that could be anything but has very few runs on the board to justify a high price. He's a value option.

And FWIW, yes, I would also regard Parish (although perhaps not for longer) and Francis from my own club as being in this boat and fully acknowledge that a second rounder is the absolute best that I can hope for them coming back.
Dodoro would insist on first rounders for them and the deals would fall over

Let's not clown ourselves Magpie faithful - Sier is and will be a great player but we're not getting value for him if he's not playing seniors. Pick 25-30 if he isn't a regular by the end of the year. If he is a regular by the end of the year, I'd be surprised if he jumps ship.
I think this is spot on.

Current assessments of 10-15ish is ludicrous for an uncontracted player with no games this year and only 12 (albeit impressive) games last year (also now 4 years into his career).

If he comes back in and cements his spot in the team, its a different story, but if the trade period started today he would be somewhere between 25-30 in value

I hated the beams deal exactly for this reason.

I believe Sier in our team is much more effective and improves our team dynamic. Would almost prefer Sier over a mostly fit Beams.

Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Beams and Treloar are all players that are most effective as the receiver due to either their skill or their pace.

We absolutely need Sier in there getting the 1st touch on the ball and feeding it out to one of our receivers which we have a truck load of.

Without Adams, my ideal centre bounce set up would be Grundy - Pendlebury (skills) - Treloar (pace) - Sier (grunt).

Probably Essendon's number one target. Laughable if you think he'll get anything more than a 2nd rounder. Wasn't a first round pick and isn't playing regular senior football.

Every Big Footy poster: I’d have Sier at my club. I reckon he’ll be a gun.
Media: There’s significant interest in Sier.
Several BF posters with supposed contacts: [insert club here] is really interested.

Also every BF poster: Oh he’s only worth a late second rounder...

Every Big Footy poster: I’d have Sier at my club. I reckon he’ll be a gun.
Media: There’s significant interest in Sier.
Several BF posters with supposed contacts: [insert club here] is really interested.

Also every BF poster: Oh he’s only worth a late second rounder...
Collingwood posters: "He's clearly worth a first round pick even though he's played a dozen games over 4 years plus has injury issues plus has professionalism issues."

The irony coming from certain bombers fans known for overrating their own like crazy
Every club does it but literally every Collingwood fan other than Adam are whinging that everyone else is looking at it objectively.

I got laughed at by most Collingwood fans for suggesting Parish is worth more. Sier is like Francis, both of whom I have little doubt will be players, their best could be worth a first round pick but as it stands they're worth 30+.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every club does it but literally every Collingwood fan other than Adam are whinging that everyone else is looking at it objectively.

I got laughed at by most Collingwood fans for suggesting Parish is worth more. Sier is like Francis, both of whom I have little doubt will be players, their best could be worth a first round pick but as it stands they're worth 30+.
Well I think the difference is most opposition fans are looking at it as Sier is out of the team and hasn’t played this season whereas most pies fans are looking at it as he will eventually come back in and perform like last season

Well I think the difference is most opposition fans are looking at it as Sier is out of the team and hasn’t played this season whereas most pies fans are looking at it as he will eventually come back in and perform like last season
Collingwood fans are ignoring all the other factors however.

Such as?
Sam Draper, less than a year older, hasn’t debuted, rookie selection, what is his value if he wanted to leave end of season? Very late draft pick?
The professionalism issue alluded to earlier, his injury history, and the fact he has played 12 games in 4 years and no matter how you spin it, that doesn't warrant an upgrade in value.

Probably. I rate Draper, but on exposed value he'd not get more than a mid 3rd round pick. In the end though I don't think he'd leave.

The professionalism issue alluded to earlier, his injury history, and the fact he has played 12 games in 4 years and no matter how you spin it, that doesn't warrant an upgrade in value.

Probably. I rate Draper, but on exposed value he'd not get more than a mid 3rd round pick. In the end though I don't think he'd leave.
The reports were his professional attitude issues were a thing of the past with him impressing in the offseason before the injury in the practice game vs Melbourne. The fact is everyone saw his great form last season and that he was one of our best players in the finals, his value has risen. Luckily it’s unlikely we will find out which one of us is right but I suspect he is worth a pick in the 20’s.

Sam Murray somehow raised his trade value considerably while not even playing an AFL game

The reports were his professional attitude issues were a thing of the past with him impressing in the offseason before the injury in the practice game vs Melbourne. The fact is everyone saw his great form last season and that he was one of our best players in the finals, his value has risen. Luckily it’s unlikely we will find out which one of us is right but I suspect he is worth a pick in the 20’s.

Sam Murray somehow raised his trade value considerably while not even playing an AFL game
Mate there are posters here saying he wasn't getting games as recent as this year due to professionalism. It's still an issue.

Collingwood posters: "He's clearly worth a first round pick even though he's played a dozen games over 4 years plus has injury issues plus has professionalism issues."
I do t think we’d get a first for him, but a pick after 30 would be a joke.

I do t think we’d get a first for him, but a pick after 30 would be a joke.
4th year in the system, 12 career games thus far. Injury concerns, concerns over his professionalism.

Where is his worth coming from? A pick between 20-40 is fair based on the facts of the moment, and that's only because he looks a good size and decent talent taken in the 2nd round. A second rounder is probably right, possibly a late pick upgrade for Collingwood too thrown in.

4th year in the system, 12 career games thus far. Injury concerns, concerns over his professionalism.

Where is his worth coming from? A pick between 20-40 is fair based on the facts of the moment, and that's only because he looks a good size and decent talent.
The professionalism stuff is BF rumour, to be taken with a grain of salt.
Funny that everyone always lists a bunch of reasons that he’s not worth much but when push comes to shove they’d take him on their list in a heartbeat because they know how good he will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back