Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Unfortunately didn’t get to see him play at the level after he got ziebulled

But hopefully get to see him in the coming weeks as I am a fan
Missed most of the game(oh how sad) and I was expecting a Sydney Stack and Viney like bump after you said he was Ziebulled.

I was left underwhelmed, Sier kept his feet whilst Ziebell didnt?

I’m surprised that left concussion, didnt seem high.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
No doubt that Rioli has had a way better career to date but right now Sier is clearly the better player

So a 16 game inside midfielder with issue's is "Clearly' Better than a premiership pressure foward with 66 games that gets his team into a grand final by kicking 4 goals in a prelim against a star studded GWS team.

You must be on some really great stuff

( another 15 possession game today against hawthorn) Kids struggles finding the ball and whilst im not going to dig through stats not sure if he has had a 30 touch game or any over 25 and for a big bull inside mid thats extremely concerning

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
So a 16 game inside midfielder with issue's is "Clearly' Better than a premiership pressure foward with 66 games that gets his team into a grand final by kicking 4 goals in a prelim against a star studded GWS team.

You must be on some really great stuff

( another 15 possession game today against hawthorn) Kids struggles finding the ball and whilst im not going to dig through stats not sure if he has had a 30 touch game or any over 25 and for a big bull inside mid thats extremely concerning
Rioli has kicked 9 goals this year, he’s not good anymore

You bump this after a bad game by Sier even tho 9 touches 1 goal is about on par with riolis averages, shame.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Neither player has set the world alight this season. I’d be very surprised if Sier was better than Rioli when we look back in ten years time.
Sier played well on QB. I think his first game back. But has been ordinary since. Yes I’m aware he was concussed v North on the early stages.
He is big and strong for a mid but doesn’t seem to cover the ground all that well perhaps why he doesn’t accumulate.
Given what some have said it sounds like he needs to knuckle down come pre season.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Rioli has kicked 9 goals this year, he’s not good anymore

You bump this after a bad game by Sier even tho 9 touches 1 goal is about on par with riolis averages, shame.
yes he has not been brilliant but 9 goals in 1 games and playing 3 of these games when he has been injured is not really that bad either and when it comes to bumping threads the previous post was on monday so thats hardly a 'bump'

But lets get back to your post that i quoted was the reason for my 'BUMP' as you called it , You said that Sier was clearly a better player than Rioli

Also you do realise that Sier is an inside mid and the possession count comparison from you is ridiculous and you have just proved how wrong you are with your claims

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
yes he has not been brilliant but 9 goals in 1 games and playing 3 of these games when he has been injured is not really that bad either and when it comes to bumping threads the previous post was on monday so thats hardly a 'bump'

But lets get back to your post that i quoted was the reason for my 'BUMP' as you called it , You said that Sier was clearly a better player than Rioli

Also you do realise that Sier is an inside mid and the possession count comparison from you is ridiculous and you have just proved how wrong you are with your claims
Sorry mate I wasn’t the one that made the original comparison so you’re telling the wrong person, I also said Rioli clearly had the better career to date and that Sier was the better player atm... none of which I have changed my mind on.

You chose to bump that post after his poor game which funnily enough mirrors Riolis stats on the season.. so yeah try again

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
OK please tell me where in his 4 games this season he has passed Rioli. You made the point that he is 'CLEARLY' better
He’s been better since half way through last year, yes Rioli kicked 4 goals in a prelim in 2017 but he was kept goalless and to about 7 touches in a prelim last year by James Aish which is more recent and reflects better his form over the last 2 seasons

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
He’s been better since half way through last year, yes Rioli kicked 4 goals in a prelim in 2017 but he was kept goalless and to about 7 touches in a prelim last year by James Aish which is more recent and reflects better his form over the last 2 seasons
Dude the guy has played 16 games and averages 18 possessions a game as an inside mid , How has he had a better 2nd half of the season ??
Currently Sier is an enigma , Yes he does show potential but when you state clearly better im expecting a player thats getting 25+ as a mid not an 18 touch player and with such a small sample size a claim like what you made is just crazy. 16 games in 3.5 years he is not 'Clearly better than anybody yet

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Dude the guy has played 16 games and averages 18 possessions a game as an inside mid , How has he had a better 2nd half of the season ??
Currently Sier is an enigma , Yes he does show potential but when you state clearly better im expecting a player thats getting 25+ as a mid not an 18 touch player and with such a small sample size a claim like what you made is just crazy. 16 games in 3.5 years he is not 'Clearly better than anybody yet
It’s not crazy at all, Rioli has spudded it up for a while. Sier has not. It’s pretty simple

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dede

Senior List
May 10, 2019
Sandy
AFL Club
St Kilda
Am I drunk what does rioli have to do with this thread 🤦‍♂️

On topic the guy is almost 22 and plays the least amount of minutes in the team which is a concern.. and those blind kicks out of the pack last night yuck.. funny thing is there are more polished state league players around who don't get a 2nd chance..

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Am I drunk what does rioli have to do with this thread 🤦‍♂️

On topic the guy is almost 22 and plays the least amount of minutes in the team which is a concern.. and those blind kicks out of the pack last night yuck.. funny thing is there are more polished state league players around who don't get a 2nd chance..
He plays low minutes as they are trying to manage his body. Apparently he had a strong pre season and then picked up some injuries towards the end of it so he is underdone.

Regardless of where he plays this year my biggest concern over him is his durability.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Potntial is a wondefull thing and has some value BUT until what stage or age, When you are 22 and played 16 games its starting to get in the probably what you see is what you get basket and may have some value for another 2 years but after that then its the recycle bin area. I actually like him but at a price
Would be happy enough to cough up a pick thats in the 25-40 range but no more.

Can get similar level players around that range e.g Worpel ,Graham,Parfitt etc etc

1st rounders are saved for players with proven ability if traded

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Was very poor yesterday. Potential is there though

And again this week
Averaging 14 possessions a game at 61% DE and only able to play 60%-65% game time for a player who is in his 4th year is disappointing
Not really setting the world alight and no similarities to P.Cripps as our loved pies friends led us to believe

LATE 2nd might be over paying slightly , He should sign soon before the pies pull the contract off the table
would be very surprised if he is not dropped this week and only injuries may save him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back