Traded Braydon Preuss [traded with #62 to Melbourne for Tyson]

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
We've got Preuss, a Mumford-type ruckman with presence who has been in the reserves all year. His form hasn't been as great as last year, but he'd probably still be getting a game in other teams who need a decent ruckman with physicality. If Goldy got injured this year then Preuss would come straight in. But we have a developing ruckman in Xerri who is coming along well and could step up and be the Goldy back up next year if we need him.
So what would Preuss be worth in this years trade period to say teams like Geelong or the Giants who are lacking that type of ruckman to go deep in finals? Or anyone else who would be interested in him.

deck

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
Melburn
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, SF 49ers, FSU
For someone with very little exposed form at senior level I doubt you get a pick below 30. It really depends on the buyers and what they see in him. What we know so far is unless he improves dramatically Geelong would be better sticking with what they got.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Mmm
We're not really that badly off for rucks. Lobbs been injury hampered but he was our best ruck last year by a long way. Dawson was looking good but has fallen out of favour. Matt Flynn was expected to come on better. He rucks well in the NEAFL but when playing as a forward doesn't look AFL ready. Je's young though.

I saw Pruess in Hobart last year and would love him in our colors. Obviously a bit dependent on whether the expert assessment is something wrong or he's just lacked opportunities to grow. We've seen that with our guys like Stewart and Townsend.

Assuming there's nothing wrong you could definitely have our first rounder, looking a bit better lately and let's assume mid range?

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Could be anything. Not enough exposed form at AFL level though. Had a great game yesterday but it IS the VFL and he IS 50cm taller than any other bloke.

Would loathe to get rid of him, but with potential father sons and some academy kids in the next two drafts... picks and points will be very important! We would have to consider serious offers.

deck

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
Melburn
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, SF 49ers, FSU
Smith has dropped off heaps in 12 months. Stanley is not a proper ruckman. Geelong badly need a ruckman.
As I said on exposed form he is not as good as Smith and Stanley have shown at AFL level. It will comedown to what your recruiter thinks of him and his upside. But outside the tap outs the rest of his stats don't standout for a ruckman at VFL level. The question is what your prepared to give up and what North want in return.

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Pick 20-30 sounds about right. If he's not getting regular games in the 1s you can't hope for any more than that. I also don't see any finals clubs that are absolutely desperate for rucks to the point they will pay massive overs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess it depends on the plan of someone like Boyd.

We like English due to mobility rype ruck but he needs regular rests becuase hes not ready yet. Noot sure we want the Mummy type ruck.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mmm
We're not really that badly off for rucks. Lobbs been injury hampered but he was our best ruck last year by a long way. Dawson was looking good but has fallen out of favour. Matt Flynn was expected to come on better. He rucks well in the NEAFL but when playing as a forward doesn't look AFL ready. Je's young though.

I saw Pruess in Hobart last year and would love him in our colors. Obviously a bit dependent on whether the expert assessment is something wrong or he's just lacked opportunities to grow. We've seen that with our guys like Stewart and Townsend.

Assuming there's nothing wrong you could definitely have our first rounder, looking a bit better lately and let's assume mid range?
Lobb might be your best but is pretty low down the list competition-wise.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
I wouldn't mind him.
Bellchambers ain't young, and Preuss would add a tackler to our mix in the middle.

My questions would be on his mobility and what he offers around the ground. Hard to say given ive barely seen him play.
But we would be in a large spot of bother if TBC and Leuenberger went down.
It would either mean one of two project players or McKernan into the ruck.

If im honest, even Berger isn't a great option as #2

What would you give for him?
We need a silky mid or two. Or decent picks to draft them.
We'll give you Horlin-Smith, Thurlow, Gregson, Stanley, S.Selwood, Guthrie and Parsons. You give us Preuss.

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
We've got Preuss, a Mumford-type ruckman with presence who has been in the reserves all year. His form hasn't been as great as last year, but he'd probably still be getting a game in other teams who need a decent ruckman with physicality. If Goldy got injured this year then Preuss would come straight in. But we have a developing ruckman in Xerri who is coming along well and could step up and be the Goldy back up next year if we need him.
So what would Preuss be worth in this years trade period to say teams like Geelong or the Giants who are lacking that type of ruckman to go deep in finals? Or anyone else who would be interested in him.
Isn't he still contracted?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back